The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

The Shedmen cometh! I've just received a confirmation message that H-Hour is scheduled for 7.30am.  :yes:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in a certain house in Sutton tomorrow it will commence at 05;30 with pacing the hallway, 07;31 :telephone:     :jester:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

That would be about right Bob! :yes:

I hope you have a selection of tea, coffee soft drinks and biscuits ready for the shedmen. When we had our garage doors fitted recently one of the fitters when asked how he liked tea , he said “same colour as the window frames”. As they are rosewood “effect”  I assumed he meant strong. 

• Like 9
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium

One of my old work colleagues always said he liked his tea like his women, hot and wet

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Recovered now from the weekends exertions. Still chasing up my energy supplier about the 'dead' gas meter, I suspect it was not turned on when it was installed a couple of weeks ago so its not recording my gas usage. I have now informed them twice without reply.

11 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

I have just seen the first bat of the year. Last year I didn’t see one until late in the summer and the year before that I saw none. 

I haven't seen any this year, normally they are visible at dusk near our clubhouse.

Now to settle down to watch a 'House through time' on BBC2.

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

It looks as if the study Aditi has cleared will be re-painted magnolia. Aditi did suggest a colour (almost magnolia) we used used for another room once but it seems to be discontinued. Fortunately magnolia is unlikely to be discontinued and I have a few cans of it anyway. With all the bookshelves there isn’t a huge amount of wall visible anyway. 

So  I suspect tomorrow I will be filling in cracks and holes ready for painting.  She did say she would do it and I know it was genuinely meant but I can reach the tops of the walls and ceilings upstairs without a ladder so it would be more sensible for me to do it. She had done all the cleaning and removal of stuff which is the bit I dislike most anyway. 

Tony

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Here in Greater Vancouver, we are being told we now have the highest gas prices ever in North America. But I won't ask those in the UK to feel too sorry for us - it's C$1.73 per litre for regular, which is equivalent to GBP 0.99.

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

No shed building scheduled here but a visit from the carpet man to check our measurements will occur today. 

Looks like our plasterer should be finished on Friday, carpet to be delivered on Thursday next week then I have a bit of curtain rail re hanging to do, move furniture etc and we should be back to "normal" whatever that is.

Mugatea then off to surgery for a quick test or two.

Baz

• Like 19