The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, AndyID said:

I doubt if it will improve the performance much.

I suspect it won’t be as significant as the changes to Aditi’s sister’s Golf. Apparently the variation in some actual production engines exceeded some specifications. Nothing to do with NO emissions. I suppose I might notice if the fuel economy changed but probably not acceleration or speed. 

I will give the dealer I bought it from a a call tomorrow. I won’t be calling the new nearer dealership. I wasn’t at all  impressed with how they dealt with my neighbour’s car engine problem. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon all,

A bit dull out but it may brighten up later.

Late here today but I was up much earlier and in time for a hearty and (un)healthy breakfast.

It's S-Day minus 2 and excitement is building!

I've spent the morning clearing out a lot of carp from this laptop, something like 2000 emails deleted so far. Why on earth I kept most of them and for so long I'm blowed if I know.

The hunt for the new laptop continues and has been narrowed down to 3 with one a clear favourite. Steve is doing a bit more research before a decision is made. I'm leaving it to him to decide. (He thinks I'm quite good with computers for my age as long as I don't do much more than switch them on. :whistle: ) 

Enjoyed both rugby matches yesterday even if "my" team were narrowly beaten in the end after a bad start. Another match to watch this afternoon and possibly the F1 highlights later.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 17

4 hours ago, Kingzance said:

Whatever the excuses, I really hope that these culprits are made to restore the victims’ property (including any fencing) to its status before their anti-social actions and at the perpetrators’ cost. Sadly, I suspect that won’t happen.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1077863712398976&id=818723304979686

• Informative/Useful 6

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon Awl,  knackered I be,  totally,  with pain from my neck and shoulders to the base of my spine.

Coffee and pink pills at the moment before heading for a long hot bath. 

On the ball City!!!  I have no idea what that means but I believe is shouted at Norwich city football club, and there will be a lot of happy people at work with promotion to what ever the top division is called these days.. 

The shed roof is on however,  the first panel was a disaster as nothing would line up.  I went round the route of checking plans and the part numbers several times. So I put the opposite panel on no problem.  This lead me to unscrew the first panel from the middle beam where I started.  And found it lined up top and bottom so screwed that on.  Eventually I came to the conclusion the middle beam had been miss drilled,  so I drilled new holes in the beam. 

The next 10 sheets went on OK,  the killer was going up and down the step ladder twice for each sheet then out of the shed round to the bottom of the sheet and a step stool. From previous experience I did  remember however to put the centre ridge "tiles" on as I went along.  How you are supposed to reach when the roof is assembled as per the cartoons I have no idea. 

Left to do,  doors,  trim,  some floorboards. 

Coffee and pills consumed,  time for that bath.. 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 12

7 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

7 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

This evening No. 1 son and offspring return to Derbyshire so relative peace will be restored here 

I saw what you did there.

• Funny 11

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, lightengine said:

A long way from my neck of the woods but I hope all culprits are identified and fair corrective measures applied. If such behaviour continues to go unpunished it will only embolden the culprits and inspire others.

As expected, orders did come forth from the powers that be which consumed the central part of the day. A visit to Baku (thanks to the wonders of satellites etc) was not a wise use of disk storage capacity. With two games to go, will my rugby team reach the play-offs? At least our local rugby rivals, the Thai Girls, are now almost certain to survive into the mix for next season. I am about to adjourn to the kitchen to deliver the light of my life a plate of lamb legs steak, purple sprouting, asparagus and (the most travelled) Jersey new potatoes with the obligatory mint sauce and gravy. I will award myself a glass of a nice Primitivo for my efforts; let's face it, if you don't blow your own trumpet, no one else will! ;-)

• Like 11
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon All

I walked straight into one with Her "would you like a fry-up for dinner" oh yes please " the blinds rails are unpacked and ready to be fixed up I will help you"

3 rails later with 2 broken drill bits,6 slitting disc's in the bin things have been attached I now need to go and lie down.:heat:

Btw the wagon has been built but not painted maybe tomorrow. :umbrage:

I.V.Ebinrooked

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 10

Been a nice day eventually up here, sun came out not too cool or breezy, so went for a wander whilst SWMBO had a nap(she suffers with arthritis and is due another hip operation soon and doesn't sleep too well). Walked round the fields east of the village and was joined by Skylarks singing and Bees a buzzing and very little intrusion from modern day noises. Bonus was finding some feral abandoned rhubarb on the way back, so someone is now making a crumble and grumbling a lot lol.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

Evening.

Still on holiday in the 'van, 2200 miles so far.  Conclusions: West coast of Scotland is superb, John o' Groats isn't.  Or Wick.

Back now to Oban and an interweb connection.

Sad to see Jack passed away, he was a fellow US modeller and we had several chats.  I wasn't aware he was ill.

• Like 14
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

good Evening..Game umpired.. turned out to be 8 a side T20..no printed rules so we made hem up and everyone agreed to using them. Good close game with a very young Wrenthorpe side against a significantly older Doncaster side.

Baz

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary Land. Sorting out bits for the 009 micro layout I found a forgotten 009 locomotive, from 25 years ago. Only problem is that its in pieces, some one had dismantled it but everything seems to be there including the screws. I hope I can get it back together again though its going to be a bit fiddly.

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 4

So I spent today wandering around the show looking for Phil!

On the way there, I saw an Elizabeth Line train pointing east at Stratford = labelled Reading via Shenfield.

Keep well all, Bill

• Like 9
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, bbishop said:

So I spent today wandering around the show looking for Phil!

On the way there, I saw an Elizabeth Line train pointing east at Stratford = labelled Reading via Shenfield.

Keep well all, Bill

I was there yesterday.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium

All is sweetness and light. Just SWMBO and me in the house, all other family members of various generations having returned to their own abodes, peace has descended and the Scottish water of life is sliding down a treat. The place still looks as though it has recently been the site of a minor war and tomorrow has been designated by high authority as Operation Sort Out The Mess but hey, when the Lagavulin 12 tastes this good tomorrow can damn well wait.

Goodnight everyone, may peace and prosperity be your lot.

Dave

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

All is sweetness and light. Just SWMBO and me in the house, all other family members of various generations having returned to their own abodes, peace has descended and the Scottish water of life is sliding down a treat. The place still looks as though it has recently been the site of a minor war and tomorrow has been designated by high authority as Operation Sort Out The Mess but hey, when the Lagavulin 12 tastes this good tomorrow can damn well wait.

Goodnight everyone, may peace and prosperity be your lot.

Dave

I was Mull(ing) over filling a glass with something similar. You have convinced me - thanks!

• Like 8
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, laurenceb said:

It's back again! Clear editor was present and pressed,  clear editor disappeared but the #@$$%; quote didn't! 

Night awl 

:o  Well, I don't know what I've done or said to cause this to keep happening :excl:

Edited by BSW01
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

The two surviving operating Hastings trolleybuses will be in service at the East Anglia Transport Museum near Lowestoft on the 11th as well.

The Hastings Diesel people have arranged some buses to be waiting at Oulton Broad North to take punters to and from the EATM. I won't be taking that option as I visited the EATM last September and saw the newly restored Hastings trolleybus although it hadn't been completed at that time. Certainly looks a handsome beast:

EATM-2018-19.jpg.636342120c7ef27627f0c00f251dbf6b.jpg

• Like 11
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Well we all had a really good time today at Vickie’s birthday celebrations, particularly all the kids. As predicted we were there until late afternoon, in fact we didn’t get home until almost 6:00. Once home a little eyelid inspection was undertaken and I’m pleased to say, nothing untoward was found. We then had a light tea of ham sandwiches before sitting down to catch up on some recorded TV with a nice bottle of Shiraz. 

Goodnight all 

• Like 15