The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

37 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

As I understand it, if you accused a Brummie of being from Dudley or vice versa, you could be in deep trouble. I once said to someone from Birmingham that they had a Black Country accent and it went down like a lead balloon.

Have a peaceful night everyone.

Dave

Lucky I didn't mention Wolverhampton.

ps well played tonight Wolves.

• Like 11

Noting GDB's attendance at Nescot, I thought of taking my first aid kit, then remembered the exhibition have St John Ambulance in attendance - actually an Advanced First Aider.  So he will be in safe hands.

Phil, look out for the scruffy git with a 'tache and a yellow hi-viz.  That's me.

Bill

• Like 6
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, chrisf said:

Good morning one and all, with condolences to Big Jim

The beige jacket has been laid aside and if the necessary heavy duty detergent can be obtained it may yet rise again in a state of uncharacteristic cleanliness.  Don’t hold your breath …

Best wishes to all

Chris

Do we need to hold our  breaths until the cleaning substances have been found?:D.

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple Hare,

A better nights sleep as some of the weekends aches and pains have eased a little.

Ben the Border Collie was happier this morning, out under blues skies with just the odd cloud.

I've been to Leicester 3 times, twice to help a friend by towing a horsebox full of his stuff to his new house there. He had just left the RAF and was joining Leicester police as a scenes of Crime officer (civilian). Then I went there once for myself as I had a job interview there. I turned the job offer down as the pay was stupidly low..

There was slight evidence of some wetness had fallen from above on the way into work, the cracks in the failing tarmac had evidence of dampness. The first village I pass through had a bit more water on the road, for the third time in as many years, there is a watermain burst in roughly the same spot, so they can just dig up their old bad repairs to the road.

Well I left  the new ish major equipment awaiting the boss to do a bit, as he hasn't completed a programme for me to generate correction files for it... I'm not expecting anything will have happened. So today it should be resistor measuring day, I have 22, 1 G ohm resistors to measure..

Time to head for the lab... and find out what I'm doing..

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Sad to hear about Big Jims' mum.

Extra positive thoughts to Debs, Elsie , John and Sandy.

John could it be that tomatoes are sugary but can also be "sharp".

Stormy at sea.. volume of sh1tehawks is at +10 this morning.

Off to scarbados so that Dr Eldest Herbert can board a train to return to Mancland. This means her indoors may want to go shopping. Pah!!!

Enjoy whatever you do today!

Baz

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

First of all, my condolences  to Big Jim. 

I had a text message this morning, it was just after 7:00, saying some of my order will be delivered between 7:30 and 10:30. I have the ability to live track it, it looks like the van is about 1 1/2 miles away, but it keeps making stops along the way, but it could be here any minute!

Back later

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Very sorry to hear your news Jim, it's never easy losing a much loved parent.

A rather dull start here and rain in assorted quantities along with some loud bangs is a possibility.

The first of three expected bin lorries and operatives have made their noisy way down the road.  The bins were replaced correctly and not left strewn across the pavement as sometimes happens.

Sainsbury's on the agenda first thing and then I may think about some garden planning. I was thinking of weaving a railway line into the landscape but I have been given a subtle hint that that might not be the most popular thing I could do. :whistle:  I might wait a bit and work out a suitable bribe.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Morning All 

Condolences to Big Jim it's never easy losing your mother.

Last night was a success Her enjoyed her meal out but she did wonder why I bundled her out of the place just before 9pm some of my old boozing mates use

the place as a watering hole on a Wednesday and I didn't want to bump into one of them a rather c0cky feckwit who constantly bleats on about Beeeeeeeeeeeeemaaaaaaaaaaaars

and never owned one, he always drools over other peoples wives Her hates it she said he looks like the Italian greaseball.

Today is more modelling, weathering and filling up many empty wagons with various loads, more items to be purchased at Epsom show Saturday if any

traders are there selling them.

must get on :superman: I.M. Appee. :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

and then I may think about some garden planning. I was thinking of weaving a railway line into the landscape but I have been given a subtle hint that that might not be the most popular thing I could do. :whistle:  I might wait a bit and work out a suitable bribe.

Have a good one,

Bob.

You have to gauge the moment GDB, personally I would think nothing less than G for a member (and garden) of such stature!

• Like 9
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Since it's my birthday I'm being treated royally this morning and am opening cards whilst consuming muggercoffee  in bed. Further bulletins will follow in due course.

Have the best day you can.

Dave

Enjoy the day Dave; I am only a moment from my next b'day in the greater scheme of things and wonder what will befall me as a result of the apparent manoeuvres presemtly being considered between SWMBO and daughter. I fear it will result in further stress, either to my wallet, to me or to both! :o

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Here's one for you Phil Reg across the road has conned his son into buying a car why I don't know I would well imagine just to block any one parking in front of their house

the word is out about the lads lack of skill around the driving schools we haven't seen one for a good few weeks the lad took 5 minute just to do a 3 point turn to get out of the

close on his last lesson Reg went in doors after the tenth maneuver with embarrassment the poor sod is clueless.  

Reg doesn't spend one minute with the poor sod teaching him to drive unless it's an insurance thing, the car has sat for 2months collecting dust only to be shuffled round with his 

Reg's car and her truck he spent the entire day washing and polishing the 3 of them on Monday with his pile of 50 duster or more, 8 buckets, 2 hoovers ,a power wash and thousands

of car cleaning bottles of liquid the guy is a total Nerd.:rofl:

• Like 3
  • Funny 11