The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

I was able to bring comfort to a lonely young lady.....

Jamie

Is it just me, or am I reading too much into this.................?

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1
  • Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Everyone else in the house has gone to bed and I'm left in the living room with Vaughan Williams on the CD machine and a glass of Scottish happy water. Bliss.........

Night night all.

Dave

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Kingzance said:

Inserting a working turntable as you build your baseboards is immensely easier than retro-fitting one!

Especially the one that you are doing. I would also do the internal walls of the pit and making sure that the table stil rotates without tight spots.

Jamie

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Is it just me, or am I reading too much into this.................?

Cheers,

Mick

Read as much as you like but my lips are sealed.

Jamie

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium

First ride on my bike last night since August - a steady 9 miles and no after effects

Golf was played today.

Reasonably Ok - at least the elbow stood up to it. 

(There are three more rounds scheduled in the next 6 days)

The afternoon was a trip to work to bid farewell to my "apprentice". 

The grand garage/shed clearance continues.

I tidied the garage a couple of weeks back to make room for stuff for the shed that goes through a two-stage process.

As it gets transferred to the garage, I do a first pass and throw away stuff that isn't wanted.

When it goes back in the shed, I do a second throw out after having a day or two to work out if I really need it or not.

The plan at the end of this is to make room for a new l&yout project in the shed.

Good Friday promises a lie-in and hopefully completion of the big tidy up. Suitable shelf brackets have been bought for the plan and the basic woodwork has already been completed.

There will be a trip on Monday that will take two hours or so to a place with the same name that I can get to with a 2 minute car journey.

Have a good Easter weekend folks.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

The Trafford Centre wasn’t as busy as I thought it would be, maybe everyone was having a lie-in. Once I’d got back with the shopping at put it all away I made a the base of the cheesecake for tomorrow. After dinner I made the filling, I had a new idea for the flavour and so made a marbled white and dark chocolate with a drizzled caramel topping. It’s too early to tell if the marbling effect has worked, I’ll see if it’s worked when it’s cut tomorrow. 

Goodnight all 

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl,  inner Temple hare.

A terrible nights lack of sleep. I first awoke after half an hour,  after an hour more awake I read another chapter of the current book. Then more lying awake eventually I got away for maybe 3hours. Then awake again.. Since then I've been getting bored watching TV. 

SWMBOs brother and wife will probably arrive Saturday evening from Shaw as he's working up to Saturday lunchtime .  So I'll be garage building today,  Saturday morning will be shopping with SWMBO probably in GY which will be a comparatively early start to avoid the grockles. 

There are 30 more blocks in the back of the landrover,  with another 20stacked up. I'm not sure that's enough yet for the garage foundations. I suspect my back will be aching later. 

Ben has been sat looking at me,  saying I should  be getting ready for work.. However I'm going to roll. Over and try for more sleep... 

• Like 19

Good morning one and all

Yesterday I received a very kind and thoughtful present, quite out of the blue.  It is a fridge magnet with a picture of Napoleon Bonaparte on horseback and commemorates his exile on St Helena between 1815 and 1821.  The sender is my good friend Nicky, a fellow aficionado of the now sadly disbanded group Strawhead, at one of whose concerts we met quite a long time ago.  They performed “popular music of the olden time” and their repertoire included several songs about Boney and his exploits.  It is no secret that I was heartbroken when they split and I have not been able to bring myself to listen to their musical legacy in over five years.  Nicky is a remarkable young lady and what more remarkable feat could there be than to visit St Helena in the course of her work?!

Beside this, my visit to Pendon today pales into insignificance.  I’m still going though.  For the rest of the weekend I will be staying with my cousin 88C and his wife in Nottinghamshire, though don’t be surprised to see me and him at York on Sunday.  For a numberof reasons the timing of this break could not be better.  I shall move among you again on Tuesday.

Tony S, I don’t go out of my way to hear grunge rock or classic American tunes!  A lot of what I discover is pure serendipity.  Jim’s rendition of Paul Simon’s “America”, I should have said yesterday, was flawed in that he accompanied himself on his late father’s concertina which he has not yet mastered and chose a key that was out of his comfort zone.  The important thing is that he had the idea, just as someone discovered that Jona Lewie’s “Stop the Cavalry” could have been designed as a morris tune.  I suspect that we shall return to this topic.

Best wishes to all

Chris

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Good morning (other times-of-day are available as appropriate)

I thought I'd be clever this morning and clicked the 'View New Content' link at the top of the page. I located the last post to this thread and noted that the link shewed as 'https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/229-early-risers/?view=getnewpost '; this looks promising, I thought, so I bookmarked and clicked it to end up at .......... post 1 of this thread! Methinks it don't work (well, for me at least)!

Any thoughts, anyone, please?

• Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Not su NY here..yet! It would appear I have "won" a sore throat since arriving. Soon fix that with some Scottish falling down water.:jester:

TTFN as mugatea awaits 

Baz

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

The sun is shining brightly here and a fine, dry and warm day is promised by those who know about these things.

The Boss brought me tea in bed earlier which is ominous to say the least. She has a huge amount of food preparation to do to cater for the various dietary requirements of our guests today. It may be that she will call upon me for assistance so I expect to shortly hear phrases such as "Will you get out from under my feet?" along with "Stop getting in the way and interfering" coupled with "Can't you go somewhere else and find something useful to do?"

I will obviously help her in any way that I can. :whistle::yes:

Have a good one,

H.I.N Drance

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 3
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Jamie, opal travel cards in Sydney...

We like Tarronga Zoo.

Have you visited sheep toilet cow toilet (Woollamaloo)?

Baz

Hi Baz, yes Opal cards bought last night and used today to get to the zoo.  The zoo was excellent and the only animal tha was on my to see list, that We missed was The Tasmanian Devil. Tomorrow it's use the Opal again to do Watson's bay by ferry then bus to Bondi beach and back to the city. I might sneak a ride on a train if I'm a good boy.

This morni g's breakfast had a good view.

P4180211.JPG.16d221b9cd77227217787c693c17f1e9.JPG

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 19

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, JohnDMJ said:

Good morning (other times-of-day are available as appropriate)

I thought I'd be clever this morning and clicked the 'View New Content' link at the top of the page. I located the last post to this thread and noted that the link shewed as 'https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/229-early-risers/?view=getnewpost '; this looks promising, I thought, so I bookmarked and clicked it to end up at .......... post 1 of this thread! Methinks it don't work (well, for me at least)!

Any thoughts, anyone, please?

I set up a custom activity stream of new posts on threads I'm following then all I have to do on firing up RMW is go to Activity, My activity, Custom activity and select the latest post.

A lovely sunny morning here in North Hippoland with muggercoffee being consumed before joining the rest of the mob and taking them all on a day out - I can hear a high-powered meeting going on to decide where so undoubtedly I will be informed of the outcome in due course.

Have a good day/night as appropriate folks.

Dave

Dave

Edited by Dave Hunt
  • Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

The sun is shining and the sky is blue and not many clouds about either. Sheila is getting herself ready for her trip to the hairdressers. This is a long standing appointment and she did offer to cancel or change it, but to said “no carry on, it leaves me with an empty kitchen!” Once she’s gone, I’ll walk to the butchers and pick up the weekly meat rations and the items I’ve ordered for today. Once back home, I’ll make a start on prepping the food for this afternoon. 

Enjoy the day folks. 

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, BSW01 said:

Good morning everyone 

The sun is shining and the sky is blue and not many clouds about either. Sheila is getting herself ready for her trip to the hairdressers. This is a long standing appointment and she did offer to cancel or change it, but to said “no carry on, it leaves me with an empty kitchen!” Once she’s gone, I’ll walk to the butchers and pick up the weekly meat rations and the items I’ve ordered for today. Once back home, I’ll make a start on prepping the food for this afternoon. 

Enjoy the day folks. 

Ah yes, may all your culinary efforts avoid descending into the Realms of Ramsey (kitchen nightmares). I do prefer to be allowed to perform in the catering area without let or hindrance!

• Like 11
  • Agree 2