The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Tony_S said:

Perhaps they might put you ashore to savour the delights of Cromer if you venture north by evening. You could go goat spotting or play dodge the hungry gull...

Don't get caught in the netting on the cliffs at Bacton.. (RSPB Verses North Norfolk Council)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 8

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Tony_S said:

Or if restricted to the outer Thames estuary there are some very impressive wind farms to navigate round.

There are plenty of those of the Norfolk coast as well

• Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 6

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Bright and sunny but chilly this morning. Bob, I take it that SWMBO doesn't read this otherwise you'd be found something to do. I don't have much to do today except drink another muggatee.

• Like 17
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I was convinced earlier it was pouring with rain but I must have been dreaming as in fact it is sunny and dry out. 

I have a little list of domestic tasks to make the make the house tidy (it is already) and ready for our visitor. She is leaving Hull after lunch so I have plenty of time. This is the third time we have hosted this lecturer for the French Circle. 

Tony

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, T

Tea mug suitably recharged and the sun is shining outside although it is not exactly anything approaching warm.  And all three bins had been emptied by 09.00, quite an amazing feat and I wonder if the upcoming council elections have anything to do with it or maybe Biffa's contract is up for renewal.  Talking of the local election we had a bloke round canvassing yesterday evening - the Good Doctor had an amusing time advising said canvasser that we happen to have a candidate living here (for the same, apolitical, group) .  Said more immediate candidate is clearly taking things seriously as he's canavassing over a much wider area although I'm not sure if Bucharest is in the same ward as us. 

And a little note about the pic I posted last night - neither Barrow nor Ravenglass are in the Thames Estuary and that wind farm is off the coast of Cumbria.  The 'fort' is I believe a small accommodation platform for use by servicing crews.

Have a good day one and all.

• Like 18
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Shedman5 said:

This news broke this morning be interesting to see what happens!

The future of services on the West Coast Main Line has hit the buffers as the Government made a shock announcement that Virgin Trains' bid for the franchise due to be decided in June has been thrown out.

The company which has run its Pendolino trains on the tracks through Lancashire since March 1997 has said it is shocked by the decision which the Department for Transport says is linked to problems with covering staff pensions under the company's current bid.

Also it might be sunny but its 8c here which means I cannot garden as I have a rule of double fig temps need to be present before I venture into the world of  horticulure :) this means time to play with objects that run on track in the shed!

Enjoy the rest of your day

Covered in a thread in the Prototype Discussion Forum.   No need for Stagecoach (or Virgin) to be shocked by the decision as they knew full well it was coming unless they agreed to underwrite the pension fund deficit (which makes me wonder about it having developed when they've held the franchise over the past 20 years and have taken away millions upon millions of £s).

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 3

4 hours ago, Tony_S said:

Did you know that if pixies sit on stumps while drinking they are subject to elf and safe tea inspections?

Where are those moderators when you need them, I demand a GROAN button!!!!! :jester::jester:

• Agree 11
  • Thanks 1

HUMP Day...

Yesterday only notable event was shopping, and securing, the flooring we'll put in the basement of "the other house". Pick up Friday and may start laying it over the weekend...

Meeting with a new insurance guy in a short while, hopefully better rates and service. Surprise, surprise, the current insurance folks are now all over us offering "special rates" since we've asked them for documentation of the current insurance (a sure signal that we're looking around!).

Mrs will shop for provisions today in advance of the predicted storm. Already ominous looking western skies, winter weather advisory in effect. Given the time of year, with somewhat unpredictable winds and temperatures aloft in the right altitudes, still an extremely varied forecast. Expecting 6-10 inches of snow here between today and Friday afternoon, amounts will depend on conditions, some say it could be more!

Predictably, we have tickets for our first Major League baseball game of the season on Saturday afternoon. :O:jester:

-2 getting the newspaper, high of +2 forecast with rain/sleet/snow expected to start by mid-afternoon.

Batten down the hatches if you're anywhere in the path of the mid-west storm, otherwise, carry on :)

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 13