The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Just come across this thread, I had wondered where you had all got too, with the new format.  Good to see everyone still at the staid advice and deep founded wisdom, none of that there cynical stuff, so common with age. 

Hat coat, door, runs.....     lopes!    :bye_mini: 

Back to getting the sound continuous as the Peco Turntable changes polarity.  Got a solution, this week may reveal if it works.  Just got to return M-in-Law to the opposite side of the County first.....   :superstition:

Regards

Julian

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Good morning all.

It is sunny here, I have no idea how warm it is as I haven’t  been out yet. 

Our visit to Reading to see Matthew’s friends was very enjoyable. The reason may have been sad but but we all remembered good times and swapped stories. We went to a Polish restaurant for lunch. 

Tony

I'm glad you had a pleasant day, Tony.

I seem to remember that Matthew enjoyed Polish food.

• Like 7
  • Agree 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

We were, thanks to Mike's tales of local life, not surprised to see red kites circling and mentioning  of muntjac in gardens yesterday.  I suppose the South Essex equivalent would have been  gulls and badgers.  

Tony

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon All 

It working out logging at this time into ER is becoming a habit I'm amazed about the amount of things I get done by logging on later and it shuts Her up me not sitting here all morning.

Talking of Her she has been out all morning with the youngest daughter at the solicitors to finalize the purchase of her flat the SiL is in awe at the speed things have happened after

the initial upset on missing out on part rent part buy flat last year.

Her is off out again to change some clothes at the frock shop as she has shrunk a bit in places, she has been directed to pick up the new extension lead for these recliners instead of 25 mtrs

on a bloody great drum we have been using.

Tony we are fortunate to live on the edge of untouched woodland and get most wildlife around the estate we purposely chose the area because of it.

The Airarseoles have been used in anger today several coach rooves done and a couple of bags of packing crates and folded tarpaulins (or should I say sheets Mike) and other goods platform

items I stuck it all on double sided tape to save all the little bits being blown away.

Must get on :superman: J. Constable :paint:

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Went down to the old garden shed this afternoon to see if there is anything to be rescued. The shed itself is disintegrating rapidly but considering that it has stood for over 30 years with only the occasional coat of preservative its not done too bad. No news from the mix-and-lay people but in retrospect a smaller storage unit on the patio should suffice, there is space in the corner for quite a large one. A happy birthday to Stationmaster and get well soon Rick and C&C's to other ER's as required.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, BoD said:

I'm glad you had a pleasant day, Tony.

I seem to remember that Matthew enjoyed Polish food.

Matthew liked trying food in local cafes wherever he travelled but he did like the food served in Polish establishments. When he did his research in Cork he met lots of people to interview in the cafes. He also appreciated the value for money and portion size too. He also liked food in the Balkans too.

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 18