The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I have checked and the working weight limit for my new ladder is more than my weight. 

Safe limits for chairs once caused some unpleasantness at work. A directive came round from the Borough safety people that many of the height adjustable chairs in our offices had a limit of 100kg and overload could cause a problem with the rise and fall mechanism. One rather large programmer got quite upset for some reason. We all got new chairs in case anyone wanted to sit anywhere.

Tony 

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Seems to be dry outside and it should be a mainly dry day with some bright spells.

Up early because I woke about 4.15 and couldn't get back to sleep.

Nothing much to report except that I'm looking forward to Ally Pally today and meeting some of you there. 

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 19

Item just shown on the local TV news - part of the route we drove yesterday has been closed by a rockslide. There's no estimate of when it will be re-opened. There is a detour in place, but it will add quite a bit of distance and time to the journey through the area. We were lucky.

Edit - the diversion turns a 114km trip into 249km!

Edited by pH
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

Mooring again, 

Not much extra sleep found... 

It's dry and not too cold outside. 

Ben the Border Collie was more interested in his football than anything else, until he saw a deer in the garden.  He chased that away,  but was a good boy and didn't  leave the garden. 

Porridge is cooking,  coffee to be drunk,  in just over an hour it will be time to head to the sailing club... 

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Sun shining outside. Birds are singing. The local world 6seems at peace with itself.

Enjoy Ally Pally  those who are attending.

Positive thoughts from all who ail.

Right time to brew two mugatea

Baz

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.  Nice and sunny but still chilly here.   Not sure quite what we will be doing today but I suspect that the G word may be mentioned. One job will be to syphon the rainwater from the top of the poo cover and then inspect the water in the pool to see whether it has survived the winter without turning green. I might then spend some time in the shed.

6 hours ago, Tony_S said:

I have checked and the working weight limit for my new ladder is more than my weight. 

Safe limits for chairs once caused some unpleasantness at work. A directive came round from the Borough safety people that many of the height adjustable chairs in our offices had a limit of 100kg and overload could cause a problem with the rise and fall mechanism. One rather large programmer got quite upset for some reason. We all got new chairs in case anyone wanted to sit anywhere.

Tony 

We also got warning messages like that.  IIRC correctly the failure mode was for the gas cylinder to come through the seat and into the person sitting on it.  That would certainly bring tears to their eyes.  As I had just recruited two rather large people for a particular job we made sure that the office chairs were of the correct type.

Jamie

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

Award for the typo  of the day.

11 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

I'm glad you spotted that otherwise I would have had a field day.

What a great start to the day, Typoman Mk2 has caused merriment and amusement.

Jamie

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning All. 

Awake, after a fashion, following very intermittent sleepage.  Some of the problem might have been the parking of a 12”:1’ scale class 66 in “ying” mode right outside for a couple of hours. 

After breakfast and a quick tidy-up I shall depart for the Palace of Alexandra on the lookout for our various others. I shall probably be relieved of numerous modelling vouchers as well. 

rainwater from the top of the poo cover

I haven’t experimented but that might be possible here if the bathroom window were left open in the rain :jester:

Avagoodun 

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Morning.

Tony's post brought some memories back - 'fat chairs' they were known to Civil Service office staff.  Caused a few laughs over the years.  The best was the driver of one (yup - fat.  Very), who used to lean wayyy back, on the back two legs (you have to really try hard to do this on a 5 leg chair) and it shot out from underneath him, and went across the open plan office at about sixty.....before hitting a senior member of staff with some force.  Whole office exploded in laughter (he had been warned SO many times) shortly before he got the bollocking of his life off the senior staff member!  He didn't do that again.

Jealous of those going to the Ally Pally, shows are something I really miss.

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Morning, this waking up at 4.30 seems to be catching, I then lay there lamenting the fall of my once mighty rugby team who were humiliated at home last night in THE most important game of the year, oh well probably cut the lawns later as the suns shining, enjoy your day all.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

Overcast and sea mist here in sunny Teignmouth today.

The suspenders are killing me.  12.25 or 12.30? Under the palm or next to GM?  Pray tell how goes it.

Does driving incredibly slowly whilst holding the traffic behind you to ransom, as was done on the A30 yesterday not constitute an offence?

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, lightengine said:

The suspenders are killing me. 

Take ‘em off then

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

The sun is shining and breakfast has been consumed, now on muggertea No2, once that’s finished I’m off to spend a few hours in the garden. Nothing too strenuous just some general tidying up and clearing away the leaf clutter. Tonight we are off out to a new Indian restaurant for a meal with our youngest, Mike and his fiancé Sarah, to celebrate his 34th birthday. Bl00dy Hell now I’m really starting to feel old!

Enjoy the sunshine

Back later

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. I expect its too late to wish all those going to Ally Pally have a good time as they are probably all there by now. Had a reply this morning re. PPI saying that I didn't pay any and that I had no claim. So whats the £19.95 extra that I paid in each month then? Muggatee to be drunk, be back later.

• Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Gwiwer said:

Seated in the bar area of Allypally with a pint and a pasty. Anyone else here?

Not me I easy at the Grammar School at Leeds being shown updates to the scoring software...

Pah!

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Failed to locate any fellow RM webbers :( Not a bad visit though of course there was some congestion around the popular layouts and retailers. 

I came away with a new pin vice, titanium bits, magnifyiing stand with solder holder and numerous lights and switches. 

• Like 17

34 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

Failed to locate any fellow RM webbers :( Not a bad visit though of course there was some congestion around the popular layouts and retailers. 

I came away with a new pin vice, titanium bits, magnifyiing stand with solder holder and numerous lights and switches. 

As they say in Germany, "the best laid plans of Meissen men". 

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 13