The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, 81C said:

Morning All 

Nuffink  to say.

enjoy your day  bye bye.

Hi

Now in a better mood it took me the best part of 5 minutes to log on and get to this page I honestly forgot what I was going to write this forum doesn't seem to be improving it's gone back to the bad days when it was pot luck  to log on.

Please would some one alert me when or if  things improve via a PM it flags up on my email.

Grassiarse

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, BSW01 said:

Stewart, I've used Farrow and Ball paints for a few years now and not had any problems with painting over prepared oil paint before. It's a very hard wearing pint and very low odour too! 

There is very little need for paint, as opposed to vinyl emulsion type stuff in this house. For the doors and radiators I used Farrow and Ball eggshell. Went over whatever was on before and was very easy to apply. It was so eco friendly a certain dim spaniel stuck his face in the can.  The Farrow and Ball paint has been better on the radiators than stuff sold as radiator paint too.

Tony

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 8

• RMweb Gold

Hmm, sometimes the dropped piece of bread & jam lands the right way up.  Just had a call from TH offering first refusal on a second week on the ship at a rather very substantially discounted price (c.35% off).  So it would have been rude to refuse as long as the Good Doctor is at home to keep the cat fed & watered and mucked-out - she is so I bit their hand off.  So a cheery second week mooching round the outer reaches of the Thames Estuary will probably be in the offing plus a few nights alongside in Harwich.

• Like 17

There is an unwritten tradition that inmates of ERs attending Ally Pally gather in some sort of social conclave but such is the level of excitement this year - zero - that if a time or place to meet has been announceed the word has not reached me.  Last year, I recall, we hid among palm leaves near where the beer is even more expensive than it should be.  Despite the virus infection that I brought home from New Zealand I'll be about on the Saturday but at the moment I'm barely functional and cannot be relied upon to organise anything.  If I can find it I will be wearing The Tie.  You have been warned.

Chris  

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Gold

All being well I will be there on Saturday. The only thing that could possibly put the kibosh on that is the roofing works not being finished and roofers being here or scaffolders striking the scaffold. If contractors are here then I want to be as well although chief roofer Dave seems fairly certain that they should be finished by then and it would be unusual to be here on a Saturday. I live in hope. :yes:

• Like 16

3 hours ago, chrisf said:

There is an unwritten tradition that inmates of ERs attending Ally Pally gather in some sort of social conclave but such is the level of excitement this year - zero - that if a time or place to meet has been announceed the word has not reached me.  Last year, I recall, we hid among palm leaves near where the beer is even more expensive than it should be.  Despite the virus infection that I brought home from New Zealand I'll be about on the Saturday but at the moment I'm barely functional and cannot be relied upon to organise anything.  If I can find it I will be wearing The Tie.  You have been warned.

Chris  

3 hours ago, grandadbob said:

All being well I will be there on Saturday. The only thing that could possibly put the kibosh on that is the roofing works not being finished and roofers being here or scaffolders striking the scaffold. If contractors are here then I want to be as well although chief roofer Dave seems fairly certain that they should be finished by then and it would be unusual to be here on a Saturday. I live in hope. :yes:

I thought I'd suggested this earlier, but how's about 12:30 at some Gaugemaster stand on the Saturday?

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

This morning’s Sainsbury’s Grand Prix took me less than an hour and that included a visit to the butchers for some chicken for tomorrow nights curry and about 15 minutes travelling there and back in the car. Once back home, I unpacked the bags and put away all the shopping then made myself a muggertea. After that it was off to Waitrose, despite being accompanied, we weren’t there long and were back home just after 12.

After dinner I made the curry sauce for tomorrow and I also made a vanilla and raspberry cheesecake. Once that was done I sat and had a quick read of the RM that I picked up this morning.

Goodnight all 

• Like 17

What a day.....! Spent most of it chopping up 2 old (2002) sofas that apparently didn't fit in with the new colour scheme.

That it took several hours is a testament to their quality. Paid over £2k 15 years ago and still as goid as new.

Couldnt give them away! 

Ended up buying a cheap reciprocating saw ( it was cheaper than hiring one) and made 2 trips to the dump with another still to go.

Managed to de-stress by finishing off a cut down Bristol LS bus which is required for the new service from Carrick Road to the nearby Navy Barracks.

A cold glass of San Mig sealed the day.

Night all.

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Made a start on the final clearing of the shed today, its surprising how many screws and masonary nails came out of the brickwork. The concrete floor has been covered using off cuts of flooring chipboard, it is badly stained where oil has been spilt on it but I have some old carpet to cover that. Muggatee awaits, back later.

• Like 16

Morning All,

It is a nice bright, but cold morning in this part of the world.  The temperature is down around -2°C but it is crystal clear.

There isn't a lot else to report, so have a good day everyone...

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dry start and it should stay that way with some warm sunny spells.

Pleased about that as it means the roofers should get a lot more done. Said he, hopefully.

Neil, we're quite lucky here in the Land of Sutt as our local council will do bulky waste collections. Up to 3 items cost £30 and £50 for up to a total of 6 items. This includes furniture, white goods and electrical items. Found it very useful in the past.

A(nother)  brief shopping trip is required first thing, after that who knows?  I certainly don't at the moment.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl Inner Temple Hare,

An odd nights sleep I woke after 4 hours looked at watch, decided to lie there for a bit, then decided to get Up as I couldn't get to sleep only to find it was another 2 hours later..

Noting the above notes about sofa etc,

The British heart foundation will collect such Items for free according to their adverts..

North Norfolk council charges £38:50 for 1 to 3 items, £46:50 for 4-6 Items £58:50 for 7-9 Items +£9:50 for each item above that.

In my case I have got sufficient tools to take anything apart, but the only things I've had problems with were old spring matresses, so I put them on the bonfire then once burnt put the remains in the bin. 

SWMBO, Her Mother , me moved in together, plus we found some furniature still in this house and mobile home when we arrived. So we had lots of  spare old chests of drawers, tables ETC, they are all now under the layout or cut up to provide wood for other things..

Well I finished my bit of the Major system yesterday, but with the launch of the new product coming up, a common calibration software is being put on all the systems to do the old and new calibrations.. That wasn't yet complete when I went home so, that adventure may come shortly.

The Chinese system spent all day plodding along. with occasional interventions from me, thre is about 2 hours left of the first run, but I note there are at least 2 sections needing a re run.

Roadworks, one set has been and gone but another set is about to appear.. on the 1st April...

Time to ...check for company spam the head to the lab..

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1