The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Started the day in a very blustery northern outpost of Salopshire by doing the weekend shopping then made a chocolate cake for tomorrow - it's my Dad's 96th birthday and he just loves devil's food chocolate cake. Then, despite the overall result I had a good afternoon watching the rugby, especially as SWMBO undertook all the catering, phone answering etc. so I could spend the hours lounging in front of the box. Since Dad was with me she let him choose the dinner menu so we had chips and egg - disastrous for the diet but yummy all the same.

Tomorrow morning I'll ice Dad's cake then go and pick him up for a day out. I'm not sure where he'll want to go as we've made some suggestions but he hasn't yet decided what he'd like. Whilst we are out SWMBO is going to make a roast lamb dinner - his favourite.

Rubbish on TV so I'll go and do a bit of Templot wrestling before Zebedee calls time.

Have a peaceful night everyone.

Dave  

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

And as we got back this bush was in full flower.

P3164056.JPG.d3c5150d87614b6fb0b83b43ac7e883a.JPG

We think it may be a quince but aren't sure.  If it is we look forward to some fruit.  Some rugby was watched.  I hope that we don't hear too much from a gloating hippo.   I thought that Scotland played well in the 2nd half.   Some friends then called for a drink so a good day has been had.

Jamie

Definitely looks like quince. Quince jelly - lovely to have but a bu99er to make as you have a lot of procedure and mess to go through. Rewarding, though. Well sealed jars are a must

• Like 7
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

We’ve had rain for most part of the day, lots of it and there were quite a few puddles in the garden where we don’t usually get puddles!

This morning, whilst in the workshop I dropped something of the bench I was working at,  it no matter where I looked I couldn’t find it. So I ended up tidying up the area around where the item fell, eventually found it behind some of the stacked off cuts of MDF stood by the bookcase. Anyway, it did need tidying up, but once that was sorted, I got back to work building some MERG kits and a fair bit of progress was made.

Goodnight all 

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Very well done Wales, you deserved it. 

Extremely well done Scotland, you deserved to win.

Well done Engl....... you have to be bloody joking. I've been playing and watching rugby for 59 years and I'm pretty sure I've never ever seen a side give up a 31 point lead. 

I think I'll start watching tiddlywinks instead!

Disgusted of Sutton.

• Like 3
  • Agree 7
  • Friendly/supportive 6

3 hours ago, Tony_S said:

I have been cat caring tonight. Over the road neighbours phoned while we were in Enfield to ask if we were home tonight and would I look after their cat while they were away overnight.  They were worried about her being out in the wind. I went over and she seemed very keen to go out. Of course she wouldn’t come back. On the third visit at about 10.30 she did come in but only after instead of saying nice things and enticing with food,  I said “ok stay out all night, I don’t care “. She then walked in. I can now relax. 

Tony

There are no end of opportunities available for cat herders. You're definitely qualified.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 9

4 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

Definitely looks like quince. Quince jelly - lovely to have but a bu99er to make as you have a lot of procedure and mess to go through. Rewarding, though. Well sealed jars are a must

Looks more like a gigantic pain in the a......

Ooops! Sorry.

Reminds me of when we lived in Renfrew. There was a big elderberry in the garden so I decided to make elderberry wine. It was bl00dy awful.

But, I gave a bottle to a friend. He rediscovered it in the back of a cupboard several years later and after a bit of aging it actually turned out to be quite good.

• Like 10
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Lummy no howling gale!

Even more lummy despite the forecast it is sunny outside not sleeting!:)

Up early as our cricket meeting is a 2 hour drive away  and it starts at 11am. Pah!

Mugatea then time to get ready to go.

Chris, I hope you can kick the cough into touch. Your Jet Lag won't be helping but that cough sounds similar to the one our group shared in India. Mine has gone but her indoors still gets the occasional coughing fit.

Have a great day everyone!

Positive thoughts to all who ail!

Baz

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl Inner Temple Hare, 

A surprisingly good nights sleep 6.5 hours in bed.. 

Ben the Border Collie's patrol,  shows scattered clouds, light winds but slightly cooler,  ground very soggy underneath.

Much thought has been going into the work bench that will be behind the new garage wall, I need to do some more measurements before getting the graph paper out. Then a cutting list will be made, and a list of supplies required.. 

I've had arrive, very quickly,  a packet from a wizard, with connections between things that roll on 0.354 of an inch spaced bit of metal. 40 + years ago, I used the same on something twice that size, it's interesting to see the small but useful improvements that have occurred in the meantime.. 

A couple of rolling things need selection to be the first trial Victims. 

Time too..  Drink my Muggacoffee before paddling down to the SC for the end of season regatta, wind looks good in direction and strength.  Tide will be strong though,  max tide going out at the start of the first race,  plus all that added water we've been getting... 

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Unlike the forecast, a bright, sunny and calm morning greets the eye here. After communing with Mug O'Coffee I'll be icing Dad's birthday cake (although I won't be trying to put 96 candles on it) and then setting off to his house with cards and presents before taking him out for the day.

Chrisf - you're not alone with the chest trouble. Ever since I had the lurgy several weeks ago I've been left with the cough, which is particularly bad in the morning. It seems not to be uncommon a result of the particular bug that has been going round and someone has christened it the hundred day cough. I know how debilitating it can get and you have my sympathies.

Have a good day all and thoughts and prayers for the more unfortunate souls.

Dave

• Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Bright and sunny here this AM but still a bit breezy but forecast to be a bit warmer mid-week. Taking the young man out to spend some more of his birthday money soon as I've finished off a muggatee or two.

• Like 14

21 hours ago, JohnDMJ said:

Does everybodys 'goto last post' work except for mine?

I always now seem to end up at post 1 on this thread.

HELPPPPPP!

21 hours ago, grandadbob said:

John, do you mean you are clicking on the star that says "Go to first unread post?" It works fine for me.

My bookmark has for ages been:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/229-early-risers/?view=getnewpost

which has always delivered me to the next post on the thread.

GDB: I see no star

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 8