The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, AndyB said:

Tony. I'll be certain to look into the guarantees. I believe that it may actually be a separate product that you by as extended warranty. And in fact the two quotes we have so far are broadly comparable - apart from the price. 

Andy check carefully as some of these companies only used to offer the guarantee while the original; purchaser still lived in the house so the timescale bit almost v becomes irrelevant if you have moving in mind within a few years.

• Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 8

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, petethemole said:

Depending on what it was made of, it might just disappear. I had a large plastic bag of packaging "peanuts" in the shed, they were all eaten by small rodents. They were some sort of vegetable-based plastic.

When I was an IT advisory teacher I was supposed  to manage our technician. She liked eating those plant based packing pellets. She also quite liked stomping off in a bad mood. Perhaps it was the pellets.  

• Funny 18

36 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

When I was an IT advisory teacher I was supposed  to manage our technician. She liked eating those plant based packing pellets. She also quite liked stomping off in a bad mood. Perhaps it was the pellets.  

I was fortunate enough to be a technician at two universities. I was too busy to care, but i did learn an awful lot.

Edited by AndyID
stupid web site posted before i finished
  • Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple Hare, 

The usual 5 hours plus a bit of dozing on the sofa,  not helped by Ben the Border Collie,  leaping up out bed, coming to me every time I moved and needed to find a more comfortable position. 

The wind is building up again gusting 45mph,  a short time ago it was raining heavily and It's expected to get worse. 

With the forecast it's lucky to days plans were to continue working on the inside of the garage,  I have in my head plans of what I want to do but no doubt some of that will change once I start building.... 

First however load the washing machine, breakfast,  and a Muggacoffee.. 

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Still very breezy here but at least it's dry at the moment although there is the chance of some rain or drizzle.

Three rugby matches to watch today and here's hoping Ireland can do England a favour although we've still got to beat Scotland.

The Boss is off out this afternoon with Nicki, Abbie and some friends for some cocktail making lessons and after that they're all going for a meal. My mate Russ from next door is coming in to watch the rugby so it should be a good day.

I have a nice looking piece of fillet steak which will be tenderly and lovingly cooked for about two to two and a half minutes each side later this evening.:yes:

This morning I may  do some more loco packing.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 19

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, AndyID said:

I was fortunate enough to be a technician at two universities. I was too busy to care, but i did learn an awful lot.

Our technician left to take up a post at a university. It was a better environment for her. 

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

Ey up, less windy today but it is chuckinitdarn here.

As I didn't complete crust earning tasks yesterday I will finish them today...I hope.

Hopefully I have no domestic tasks to do over the weekend.  I do have to attend a cricket meeting tomorrow in Derbyshire though. Should be a good meeting though.

Enjoy your day, however you can.

Baz

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, jamie92208 said:

Morning all from a slightly brighter village than yesterday. 

We had a good day yesterday with 15 other grey haired people of a like mind.  I must have done something right.  Normally the gathering splits into two after the lunch.  Some sort of ladies/partners chatting circle for non railway minded people, and the rest having a short meeting then gathering round the hosts layout/project.  Well all 16 of us ended up in the shed gathered round the layout.  One member did complain about how far he had to walk to get to the shed, you always get one.  However it seemed to go very well.  Full picture story on the layout thread.   There is however one terrible thing that has come out of it.  Not all of Beth's cakes got eaten.  It appears that I am going to be forced to help to finish them, I don't know how I'll cope.   We had a quiet evening after that and some G & T, for SWMBO, and amber nectar for myself got consumed.

Breakfast has now been taken and we are heading off into Nere for a couple of things.   Not a lot else is on the agenda so some rugby may be watched.

Good wishes to all.

Jamie

In my experience of France, there is no "after lunch" as lunch takes all afternoon and some of the evening.

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

All I can say is that it's a darned good job jamie has a shed the size of a barn if he's going to start hosting house parties in it.   Weather wise today we seem to have 'almost rain' - like it's almost about to rain - so not bad thing to have cancelled bricklaying for the day.  But we definitely don't have 'almost wind' as it is still regarded as 'yellow' by the seaweed wranglers and is occasionally gusting fairly impressively.

No shopping today as far as I'm so far not informed.  We moved faux Friday to the real thing yesterday so are reasonably well stocked up (or so I'm told) and I don't always bother with a 'paper on Saturday as there is so much of it to immediately put in the recycling.

Have a good day folks.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Taking an 11-year-old to the toy shop to help spend his birthday money later. It was actually last Sunday was his birthday but due to his sister being rushed into hospital last week put things on hold, she's now out of hospital and recovering. Blowing a hooley outside at the moment but no sign of rain fortunately. Thats it for now, be back later.  

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Gold

Morning All 

Yesterday I had an email pitch up say sorry to see you leaving it was from Master Pass it had the same monogram as Mastercard, as I never signed up in the first place I was apprehensive

about it, there is a website link and it looks legitimate but it is a scam so be warned.

I wonder what today will bring Her didn't like the Stir Fry last night thought it was OK her was told you cook the next one so I can see how it is done I've been taking recipes out of books and

following them to the letter some better than others but she has been in a right ar$e of a mood this week I don't think I will bother doing them next week.  :unsure:

Today Her is cleaning the kitchen out so it will be TUT every time I walk through archway to make a coffee, words like get a life maybe spoken depends on how brave I am at the time. :umbrage:

enjoy you day better move myself :superman: I.M.Grumpy. :sad_mini2:

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 11

Morning all, another night of weird dreams, horses chasing me, but I was on a motor bike and got away...………………………………..? Really??

Anyway it's trying to snow and flippin' cold out there, fires lit and getting settled for the rugby, "Come on Ireland"...………………….argh now I will have to go and wash my mouth out with soap...………………...

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Its chuckinitdarn here too! Breakfast has been consumed and I’m now off to the workshop.

Back later.

• Like 16