The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

28 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Claim it now Phil. You've got until August. Claim direct from the card provider if you can as they won't charge you unlike some of the people advertising on TV.

I claimed on credit cards and bank loans direct from my bank in November/December last year and ended up with about 14K back and no fees!

Is it hard to claim it directly like you did Bob?  Years ago I had different accounts than I do today.  One account was with the Chelsea BS. 

• Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold

Very easy. All mine (credit cards as well) were with Lloyds who I believe were one of the worst offenders for PPI mis-selling. Initial claim was done online and they then sent forms. I couldn't remember much of the information that was needed but before I'd sent them back they actually phoned me. When I explained the problems I was having it was all done over the phone. There were several credit cards and 9 or10 bank loans spread over about 30 years. Some were turned down as they said they couldn't find the records but I haven't give up yet as I've found some more information. However there were payouts on several resulting in the total I mentioned earlier.

I really hadn't expected to get anything and wasn't going to bother to claim but was persuaded by both my offspring as they also had successful hefty payouts.

If you don't ask you won't get!

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon Awl, 

Still raining,  as forecast, no sailing for me, as all us K. O. S.  decided to cold, too wet and too windy.  Some of the youngsters went out in their dinghies , during the first race the wind dropped to not a lot as it switched from east to west. It's now increasing again.  SWMBO is out with Ben I suspect they went out in the lull and will be soggily back shortly..

While at the SC we were of course pulling up a sandbag and telling stories,  at that point I discovered something.  One of the members who I've known for 40 plus years thaught me to sail,  was at RAF Ballykelly 55 years ago... His wife probably taught me at primary school there while my dad was posted to Ballykelly at the same time.. 

Soggy Ben is back... SWMBO confirms they went out in the lull. 

Another thing I've discovered... The club dinner and prize giving  isn't Next month,  it's next Saturday , I'd better get the trophy engraved to be returned... 

Our mortgage was too old to claim on,  we've  only had two other loans one was for a car which was officially  interest and insurance free as part of the deal. The other was for windows,  well before the cut off date.  So no rebates for us.. 

We generally don't buy anything we can't pay for immediately.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all,

This morning was a Tesco visit as it is the final day of our 20% discount - they're only running it for three days this time instead of a week - so various things were stocked up as they'll be bought anyway at some time, won't go off, and we might just as well take the benefit as let Tesco have it.  We got back to the door to be greeted by torrential rain and hail hammering down so had to wait a little while before it was dry enough to venture out.  Weirdly we have a Yellow Wind warning for Wednesday when the base wind speeds will be lower than today's and the gusts are forecast to hit 'Strong breeze' speeds whereas today they are well into the 'Gale' category or more - but no Yellow warning.

The winds have also forced Kev the kite to change his habits - he was almost blown off his feet when he was on the ground helping himself to some leftover cat food and he's had to abandon one of our trees and next door's tv aerial in favour of the heavily trimmed cherry tree which was not blowing about in the wind.  His aerobatics have also been badly affected because as soon as he finds a rising air current it has had a nasty habit of disappearing or becoming a down current so some of his climbs out have been almost painful to have watched.

Enjoy the rest of the day

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Dumbleton Hall now run in for  an hour with no problems and then "all" I had to do was fit a decoder. That took nearly another hour with a lot of swearing and a bit of minor surgery but all is now sweetness and light so I can settle down for  some rugby. :yes:

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. I'd just got into the car to trip down to Tesco's when the hail started hammering down. However by the time I left there it was bright sunshine. I once made a successful claim on PPI, back in early 1976 I was buying a car on hire purchase. At the time I had had an accident, I had badly sprained an ankle on a broken pavement. I was so bored that to pass the time I was reading anything that I could lay my hands upon. I must have been really bored that I was even reading the small print on the hire purchase agreement where I discovered the PPI details. So, nothing ventured, nothing gained I put in a claim and much to my surprise they paid out the equivalent of two months payments on the h.p. agreement. I suspect that they were so stunned by someone making a claim that they paid out.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Generic greetings are all that I can offer here, and I'm sorry about the prolonged absence, which was occastioned my multiple visits to the vet over the last few days.  One was for her ears which have flared up again (Thusday), the on Friday, she woke up with another displaced kneecap, duly put back, but she needs major surgery to deepen the groove in which is sits (think Supervet) at a probable cost of £2.5K), then on Friday night to Saturday, she kept us up almost all night as she kept wanting to go out for wee wees, and when we didn't let her she wee weed on the floor, and there was blood in her urine - cystitis of course, and she had to go back on Saturday for an emergency consultation, and had an injection of anti inflammatory, and another of antibiotics.  All I can say is thank God for pet insurance.

I must be one of the few people who can't claim for mis-sold PPI, as when I broke my hip, I had PPI on a large credit card balance, and on the mortgage, and successfully claimed on both, and as I was also still on a full salary for about three months then half salary I was substantially in profit, and managed to buy a new TV, a high end DVD combi, and Lily.

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited to add the rest that I said in a previous edit, which never actually happened

Edited by 45156
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Gold

Stewart, I thought exactly that as I had PPI payouts when I was off sick from work for 9 months some 20 years ago. However that does not mean you can't claim or be paid out because as I understand it the whole thing is to do with the way the PPI was sold in the first place and whether or not it was discussed and explained fully to you.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

I wonder if I was paying for PPI in the UK? We sold the last house there in 1983. I'm pretty sure I ditched all the records some time ago, but some may have survived.

Yippee! "Fixed" the water heater by pressing the little red button on the tank. Unfortunately it probably popped because the water is overheating and that might mean one of the thermostats is banjaxed. Further investigation required.

• Friendly/supportive 19

28 minutes ago, AndyID said:

I wonder if I was paying for PPI in the UK? We sold the last house there in 1983. I'm pretty sure I ditched all the records some time ago, but some may have survived.

I was wondering the same thing - we moved in 1982. However, while I'm something of a packrat, my wife is not - everything from that time has definitely gone.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 7

Missing for a couple of days, being at Diocesan Synod yesterday then shopping in Oxford Street.

Home to watch the Irish - French girls rugby international, a heck of a lot better than today's dross.  Two of the Irish tries should have been disallowed, Best was tackled (knees on ground) before he lunged for the line and a French defender was obstructed from tackling Sexton.  Once Ireland gained their bonus point, they totally switched off and withdrew key players before the Welsh game.  And the five minutes of scrums to get the French prop carded were a total fiasco.

Keep well all, Bill

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8

1 hour ago, pH said:

DIY emergency, Red Green variety! I've just realised I gave my last roll of duct tape to my son last week. 

I had to use some duct tape on my arm splint. One of the Velcro pads came unstuck.

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. 

3 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Stewart, I thought exactly that as I had PPI payouts when I was off sick from work for 9 months some 20 years ago. However that does not mean you can't claim or be paid out because as I understand it the whole thing is to do with the way the PPI was sold in the first place and whether or not it was discussed and explained fully to you.

That explains why with your record Bob you were still able to claim. According to the statement I found I paid £19:95 per month and IIRC that was over 2-3 years, not to be sniffed at.

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Hard work scorer tutoring...

Back home to an evening meal involving liver, onions, mashed potato and cabbage. Lovely!

Best wishes to all who ail 

Night all!

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 18