The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

With roundhouse circumnavigating my patch,  if he has time and some way of getting there, the model railway show at poringland  today is a nice small show to visit. Poringland is just 6miles south of Norwich. 

The garden report courtesy of Ben the border collie's patrol. 

He found two muntjac in the garden and chased them off,  he stayed in the garden and didn't chase off into the fields as he used to. 

Many more daffs,  crocuses,  primroses, daisies out,  one of the most sheltered apple trees is coming into flower.

It's very windy out there with dark clouds on the horizon... 

SWMBO reported 6inches of water in the tyre well,  tyre removed, bung pushed out,  1/2 inch of water drained..  One broken water bottle removed( Ben, drinking water, for) . Tyre put back, Bung put back

Time for... Porridge.. 

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

PS, I've just noticed that for the first time in living memory (well, nearly) my list of followed topics is correct - is this the start of something new and beautiful?

Mine is is still a list of topics I have never visited.

When my followed topics appeared on the home page I er..... followed them.   Now it seems so convoluted to get there that I don't bother so often.

Raining heavily here although it wasn't when I went for the paper earlier.  Hope it clears up as I'm off to watch a rugby game later.

have a good weekend folks.

p.s. Have you noticed that this post editor doesn't automatically capitalise new paragraphs, or is that just me?

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold

Morning All 

This cloud business is hit and miss like this forum I lost several photos on the phone they popped up on the PC then I got some-one else's

I shut Cloud down on the PC and phone and will do without it for what good it is.

I sitting waiting for my lift for Basingstoke Show my ears are bad today so pal Steve will be doing the driving it's off to Blackbushe

and that wonderful Polish café I'm going to be brave today and have a full Polish breakfast I'll report later on that.

Her is up out of bed I woke her up she says so that will be played out when I return Steve might save my skin if he comes in for coffee when 

we get back GDB will be he's taking some tools away nothing sharp so he should make it home without damage.

enjoy your day :superman: A Deffenn

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a rather damp and dismal place.   However there are many upsides.   I have done nothing wrong since 13.00 yesterday, or at least no one has pointed out any sins of omission or commission.   Normal service will resume on Monday when she arrives back from her friend's near Limoges.  I did have a series of texts asking how to log on to said friend's wifi. (Autocorrect tried to spell that as wife!!!)  I tried ringing her but she didn't answer, I resorted to a text along the lines of "Pick up the phone and I'll tell you the answer".   A good afternoon was had in the shed with much test running and cleaning.   As it was dry yesterday, Eric the grass, (We have at least 4 Eric's living nearby) arrived and cut most of the grass.  I will do the bit near the house with the small mower so that I can avoid the daffs etc.   A pleasant evening was spent at a friends house consuming local liquids.  His boss arrives on Sunday.   

Today will mainly be spent in the shed getting things sorted, then in the evening John is coming round here for more liquids.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 18

4 hours ago, BR60103 said:

There was a science fiction story mny years ago where they had gone with decimalized time -- started with the second and then up by powers of 10.

Opera group tonight watched an old video of Il Trovatore with a young Domingo and a middle-aged von Karajan.

Didn't Napoleon once try to divide the circle into 400 Grads?

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 7

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Chuckinitdarn here despite the sun breaking through the clouds.

England duly demolishes the West indies last night, the England Women beat India by 1 run ...now if, as GDB says Scotland can beat Wales and England beat Italy...anything can happen.

Apart from prep for the cricket courses tomorrow I have a "free day"..

Brownie points...loads and loads achieved yesterday when a rug we bought in India for our 40th wedding celebrations later this year arrived. It does look nice in our front room.

Perhaps the purchase of loadsapoints for the layout may be a use for the brownie points?

Best wishes to all who ail  and enjoy today everyone!

Baz

• Like 19

Eric the grass, (We have at least 4 Eric's living nearby) arrived and cut most of the grass.

Given your former line of work. I had a very different reason in mind.

Of out now to Aycliffe show . .  

John

• Agree 1
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

Glad to see that Sandy is improving.  How is the Paradise Circus and relevant (typo appeared there - reversed letters) horrible road works going?

Thoroughly appreciated your comments on the ubiquitous marauding typos.

Cheers, Peter

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

So far today, we’ve had sunshine, strong winds and hail! It’s currently looking rather grey out there. Just finished muggertea No2 and I’m now off to the workshop where I’m hoping to complete the repair on my soldering iron. 

Back later 

• Like 17

So here in the Land of the Midnight Haggis we've had sun, wind, and SNOW - that lasted all of five minutes at our level - but the cnocs (hills) out the back have their tops covered! - Winter has come back!

Edited by shortliner
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Bright and sunny with the odd passing cloud. A bit noisy outside as they're clearing the garden of a house just around the corner, in fact the house faces the end gable of my house. There is a large space at the side of the house large enough for a second house but as the house also has a large back garden they are going to build three houses on there leaving the space for an access road. They did plan for half a dozen apartments but the planning department turned it down. Muggatee to be drunk, be back later.

• Like 17

Afternoon all, the slight breeze has picked to near storm levels here, always know as the conservatory roof hums a tune above force 6 on the beaufort scale...………………..

Took the better half into town for a bit of shoppin', almost made it round Mozzers, but had to have a sit down when we got to the till(great way of getting out of paying, not that it matters we have a joint bank account lol), kind of surprised how long it's taking me to get fit again.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon All

Returned from Basingstoke safely GDB left in one piece with a power planner and 2 panel saws there was no blood showing when he left for home.

The Polish Breakfast which was very nice was to put in bluntly was 3 scramble eggs on toast with onion & bacon bits mixed I will indulge again when the need

arises it's obviously less fattening than a Full English and is ideal at the moment as I'm a tad overweight.

Ricks (wuss) :biggrin_mini2: little secret is Kernow Models are opening a store in Guildford 1st May I will try and get across on opening day to enjoy the jollies . 

As for blended whisky I could never get the taste for that stuff it's the case Dad only drank malt and I got the taste early on in life. Hick !

enjoy your day :superman: A.W.L Cobblers  :biggrin_mini2:

Edited by 81C
  • Like 17
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Yes, I too have returned from Basingstoke safely via 81C Towers and now possess extra weapons to draw blood attack wood with. Enjoyed the show but it was very crowded. Car park rammed but I managed to park in a lay-by about 100 yds away. I wasn't going to spend any money but ended up relieving those nice people from Kernow of a Bachmann Dumbleton Hall. Always wanted one of these as I actually stayed at the Hall many years ago when it was owned by the Post office and my postman mate got special deals there and we had a really nice long weekend. 

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

A'noon.  A message from the People's Republic of Yorkshire - Baz land!  Our week away for burfday/welding anniversary has been brought forward a week, for reasons unclear to myself - I just get told.  Worked out nice, as it's the Keighley spring gala (went yesterday) and Narrow  Gauge North show today.  Just bought a few books, so not too much in the doghouse.

KWVR was good, Bananas in fine voice going up the valley, and lots of locos running - lets see - Bahamas, Black 5 , Std 2 mogul, Ivatt 2 mogul, Ivatt 2 tank, 4F, BigJim was spare, lots of double headers, 3 passenger trains plus a brakevan special out, excellent day out bar.....the rain.  Garnished with wind. And more rain.  Well it is Yawkshire.

NGN not really my bag but I miss going to shows so filled a need - met a couple of friends there too which was nice.  Three very nice layouts, and the rest were pretty much OK too.

As for the new forum software - aaaagh!  While browsing this thread it twice reverted to the menu page, that's a new failure, the followed threads is a lucky dip - mostly of ancient threads I have never visited.  getting very annoyed with it now.  No wonder I have to have a holiday!

• Like 17