The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Driving to work this morning, mixed in amongst the normal cockwomble commuters, up on the mountain road, covered in salt, snow by the sides of the road....following..... a Lamborghini Aventador.  Must be mad, getting all the salt and gunge on a motor like that.

Teapot Templot is beyond my IT skills - I have tried....honest....but it made my head hurt.  Fantastic bit of work really, but its not for the likes of me.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Popped in to the big orange warehouse this afternoon. I not only bought a couple of small sheets of 9mm ply but found some more pieces in the off cuts box, I will probably need some more anyway.

5 hours ago, Tony_S said:

That sounds a bit like the holiday we had in Somerset some years ago. It was some Royal Jubilee and every village seemed to have drunken locals wandering or driving chaotically. No potholes but plenty of ditches!

That reminds me of when I lived in Burnham-on-Crouch. The main road into the town has no less than nine right angle bends at most a couple of hundred yards apart and plenty of ditches on either side. On a Saturday night they were sure to catch out a few drunk drivers.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

We went to two tips today. The first one was as planned but Aditi thought while I had the boot lined with old sheets we should get rid of some rubble and broken pots. We had to go to Pitsea as our nearest place on Canvey doesn’t take hardcore or similar stuff. There were notices stating we may have to show we were Essex residents but we must have looked suitably local! People from Southend or Thurrock can’t go there.  

Tony

• Like 17

4 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

Following the terrifying Templot trials this evening at the Hippodrome

It's simple enough. Just start with a turnout (point) and bend it/stretch it as desired. Then add another turnout, slide it etc. Best not to start with a track diagram and try to add points to it although you can do that when you know how.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 7
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

We had hearing tests this morning. Some deterioration in the upper ranges. They still can't tell that my right ear is weaker than the left, but they think they might sell $7000 worth of apparatus.

Movie on Picasso tonight.  I'm still not that interested.

• Friendly/supportive 19

22 minutes ago, BR60103 said:

They still can't tell that my right ear is weaker than the left, but they think they might sell $7000

I can sell them a bridge over the East River.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

Good morning from the Charente.   We did manage to have pancakes last night along with a lovely coq a vin though not at the same time.   Breakfast has now been consumed and I will shortly venture out to get another basket of logs.   Whilst out there I will assess the weather to see if it will be OK to have a bonfire. I have a permit for it but will have to see how the wind is blowing.  

Apart from that various things will get done today.

Good to have the usual morning missives from Baz and Chrisf.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Aditi is off to a lecture this morning about Edward Seago. I will be waiting in for our parcel of plastic boxes for the fridge.  Final delivery is by Parcelforce.  

Aditi will collect the new frying pan on her way home so pancakes may be on the menu. They almost certainly will be sugar and lemon juice rather than something like Nutella and pomegranate. 

Tony

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

A wet and windy night here and it's still quite breezy. Some bright spells promised followed by heavy, possibly thundery showers.

First task today is a shopping trip as The Boss wants to try out Lidl's. She's done this before but quickly reverted to Sainsbury's. I'm expecting a similar result today.

Hopefully today I should be placing the order for the new railway room aka The Shed.  Then in the next few days it will be time to start packing up the contents of the existing room and taking apart the layout. 

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 12