The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning awl,

Did anyone watch Question Time last night?  Because it came from my old school, St Dunstan Catford.  I noted the mess the BBC had made of the Great Hall, then turned off when the first began to speak.

Bill

• Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

The visitor from the garage door company the other day just took enough measurements for a quote. Someone is coming today to measure everything accurately. I will be letting him in to the other neighbours garages to measure up for their doors too.

It is quite overcast today. 

Tony

• Like 16

12 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

I also hate the new software, the posts I follow thing is pure fantasy, its slow to load, its just....carp.  Sorry Andy.  I usually get used to new looks and software, but this really is just too awkward, clunky and....crepe. 

The same software is used by other fora I frequent with little problems, so it must be the more complicated needs of RM that is the issue.  I don't envy Andy Y's work, it's not his fault, it is probably the inappropriate demands of this particular site.

The result, is I struggle to find content I really, actually do follow, so its a quicker look in, get frustrated, and pee off to another place.

Have to agree........ mind you on the positive side, I hardly spend anytime here at all now, compared to the old site and as a result...... many things 00 wise have been completed or ........started.

A bonus.......I think.

• Like 5
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Good morning and a Happy St David's day to you all. 

Contrary to popular belief, Welsh rarebit is not posh cheese on toast, but a virg*n from Prestatyn. 

I was always told that a Welsh virgin was a sheep that a Welshman had failed to catch.  

Anyway good morning from a sunny but cool Charente.    Various bits of work got done on a certain layout got done yesterday and some brownie points were earned by shortening a watch strap for the boss.   Not a lot else got done but we did enjoy Death in paradise.   Very formulaic but enjoyable and I must say that the replacement DS was looking rather nice.

Today the first task is to go to the fang mender which may or may not be pleasant, I will report later.   This afternoon 3 friends are coming over to help me put up the lighting rig and pelmet on a certain layout.   

Good to hear from Mal and that he is now in his new home.    

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 6

8 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Contrary to popular belief, Welsh rarebit is not posh cheese on toast, but a virg*n from Prestatyn. 

Prestatyn Caerphilly I guess.

Taxi!

• Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Presumably having not met a Scouser who tried to persuade her to, "Prestatyn der gerl."

Coat?

Dave

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It’s another dull start to the day here in the northwest. Once Sheila has got herself ready we are off for our weekly tour of the Trafford Centre. We’ll be there a lot longer than in usually the case when I go on my own! As usual the journey home will take us past the butchers where we’ll pick up the weekly meat rations and hopefully a pastie for dinner. Later tonight we have James and Amelia coming for tea. They couldn’t make it last week, so I’ll be nice to see them, as we haven’t seen them for 2 weeks now.

back later 

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Morning All 

I was up with the Lark to visit the small room Her was snoring so I didn't return to bed instead I turn on the telly and flicked through the text news pages I can stand those scwarking news readers.

I hope my dear friend GDB feels better soon nothing worse than feeling carp after just out of bed.

Her is out with her old workmate (not that one Neil) for coffee they didn't meet up earlier in the week but she still managed to spend money, more brownie points earned with last nights meal

I cooked this is getting into a bad habit but at least some weight is coming off both of us so can't be bad.

must get on:senile: P.L. Aytime 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Back sooner than I thought.  Feeling carp due to sore throat and much splutting and coughering. Still nowhere near as bad as some people seem to have suffered though.

We had a great time at Nicki's yesterday for Joe's 17th birthday. This time I didn't overdo it with the food and drink consumption.

A quick visit to Sainsbury's is needed shortly to get some cold relief stuff.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A bit greyer and cooler than of late, but a lot better than this time last year. Nothing much doing at the moment so the intention is to get moving on the shed. The shed is actually warmer now than it has been recently due to it being in the shade all day this time of year so it keeps the night time chill so with the (slightly) warmer nights its not as cold. Have a good POETS day all, be back later.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Morning

Getting  a lot of USA rolling stock ready to put on the bring and buy table at freemo South this weekend. Layout mostly loaded yesterday. Our first show this year is Ally Pally later this month - just 14 proper showx this year as a few either have moved, have had ot change their layout expenses budget or just havent confirmed the invites. Suits us to have fewer anyway but its nice to have a few long distance large shows. Just found out a friend is now taking his new Swiss layout ot Warley but I should already be there doing other things.

Need to go up in the loft and find more boxes for freight cars that have been sitting on a shelf for years since they were replaced for use on the layout. Then out for brunch with the local On30 group.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Walkabout nearing the end point. I will need a holiday after this!

Must be me but I don't have many problems on here and some things which were hard to do before are now quite easy....

Baz

• Like 17
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Aditi has been defrosting the freezer. This has been expensive. She was putting items in the fridge to keep cool and dropped a large container. It didn’t smash but it did smash the salad tray. Not available in the UK. Similar ones that would do are but at ridiculous prices and postage. Ordered from Belgium, should be here on Monday or Tuesday. It isn’t even a Belgian fridge!

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Friendly/supportive 16

Still on the slow road to recovery, but did manage a bit of the "G" word,  well I sowed a packet of radish seeds in the greenhouse border for an earlier crop, back by the fire with my feet up now, decaff coffee and home made rock cake time.

• Like 16

Afternoon all,

Not been on here for a few days.  On Monday, Mrs G and I decided that the weather was so nice, we would have a couple of days in the central lakes.  A B&B near Hawkshead was duly booked and we had a great 2 days, visiting places you wouldn’t go in summer, as it would be too busy.  These included Coniston, Tarn Hows, Hilltop (Beatrix Potter’s house in Sawrey, Hawkshead, Ambleside and Wray Castle.  We arrived home on Wednesday evening quite knackered, but really pleased we had decided to do it.  As a result, more short trips are likely, with candidates being Edinburgh or Glasgow, then we can go by train.

Yesterday we partially spent testing the 8 GWR Bachmann locos I bought from the local auction recently.  Quite a bit of time was spent sorting out failed wiring, as a previous owner had hardwired DCC chips into tenders.  All the locos now run quite well, so I need to decide which to keep and which to sell on.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. The house next door is finished and the tenants have moved in and almost immediately have started causing problems. He has a large (Transit sized) van that he parks right next to my drive. This causes a problem as it obstructs my view of any approaching traffic from the right and the driver of any vehicle approaching will not be able to see me. I just telephoned the letting agents and they're just not interested.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium

Good afternoon from 1C82 currently at Newton Abbot. My HST farewell has produced the expected HST. It has been absolutely rammed with customers standing the lengthbof the aisle and jamming the doorways so far; hopefully a little respite will ensue as we head farther west. 

Updates may follow later. 

• Like 19