The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Jamie. I googled Kist and it is either a large chest for clothes storage or a person from an ethnic group in Georgia (the country). I am assuming the former!

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Andy, once you join my club a subscription is due. This normally takes the form of pints of bitter or similar when we meet. Bearing in mind your location this of course may never happen in which case you become an honorary associate member but you will have full bragging rights. :jester:

I'm surprised you've not remembered that ex front row forwards cannot bleed, they just sweat blood!

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 10

1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

Jamie. I googled Kist and it is either a large chest for clothes storage or a person from an ethnic group in Georgia (the country). I am assuming the former!

Maybe a person from Georgia with a big chest.   Mmmm sounds ok.

• Funny 9

12 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Andy, that is evidently a very nasty fracture. I hope the healing process goes well. Is the Meccano permanent, or do they plan to remove it one day?

Thanks Tony Michael

Yes, he said I had "mushroomed" the end. Permanent I hope although come to think of it I never asked.

Edited by AndyID
one finger typing. sticky keys are great! Eyesight not
  • Friendly/supportive 12

10 hours ago, Legend said:

It’s Model Rail Scotland day yay!  It’s actually going to be my 47th consecutive  visit . 

My last visit was the year before your first!

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 2

11 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Once the internal metalwork is fitted do you still need the external brace?

Hi Tony,

They have me in splint thing at the moment which has to cure (smells like GF resin) for another day. The physios will equip me with a plastic brace next week that should allow me to flex my elbow. That will be on for quite a number of weeks.

Cheers,

Andy

• Friendly/supportive 18

8 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

Hi Andy, I know where you are just now - my advice for what it is worth, is do not skimp on the pain meds, keep 'ahead of the curve' for a couple of days.  If you fall back into the pain zone it is very hard to recover decent analgesia.  After three days or so the worst is over and if you feel OK you can ramp down a little.  Good luck!

Thanks Neil.

They encouraged me to "wire into" the analgesics before the block wears off, and I have been.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Surfing the web in the middle of the night under the influence of goodness knows what might not be such a great idea. I discovered FIAT has reintroduced the 124 Spider to the US. (It's a Fiata - Mazda Miata with a Fiat engine.)

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 10

2 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

I'm surprised you've not remembered that ex front row forwards cannot bleed, they just sweat blood!

They stuck me in the second row of the second fifteen and, come to think of, that came to an abrupt end when my collar bone was broken in a loose scrum. The count is now four wrists and one clavicle.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Looked out a little while ago and the mist and fog was already forming. Hope its OK when we go to Tenterden tomorrow. I did intend to go via the A274 via Headcorn but if its too foggy I might have to stick to the M20. 

• Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium

Andy, that's certainly an impressive piece of work.   My old friend who was an orthopod before he retired used to rate the work of surgeons who implanted such things.  He had to sort some of them when the injured parties returned to the UK.   Top of his list for good work were the Swiss.   Apparently they not only did very good work (Obviously lots of practice in Winter) but the screws had a very funny socket in the head so they always taped an Allen type key that fitted the sockets to the cast, for which he was most grateful.   I hope that it heals well.   

The kist (It is a large clothes chest) is now in the trailer safely in the shed for the next few days.    It had been in the centre of the sitting room and three of us got it out onto the road through the dining room window.  It belongs to our friends Claude and Delia.   Claude is in his 80's and has a very serious heart condition which is inoperable but he will keep trying to help.   He's small and when we are lifting things he has a habit of suddenly popping up from nowhere trying to help the lifting. Today, if we had had to put the kist down quickly he would have been underneath it and no one knew he was there.  He's an absolute menace. Anyway after a glass of wine I went back to the shed and cut two more joints and leg unit 3 is now assembled.  Only another 12 to go.

Jamie 

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 2

Pleased to report that the car passed its MOT OK.  Spent a good part of today starting to tackle the weeds that have taken over the garden over winter.  Tomorrow we have plans to visit Cockermouth for a bit of shopping, then returning for a certain rugby match on the TV.

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Pleased to report that the car passed its MOT OK.  Spent a good part of today starting to tackle the weeds that have taken over the garden over winter.  Tomorrow we have plans to visit Cockermouth for a bit of shopping, then returning for a certain rugby match on the TV.

Not sure what happened here - this seems to have been posted twice.  I only wrote it once - honest!

Edited by Simon G
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Evening Awl, 

Just back from the MRC where I had one of those days where a little bit of work made the whole board come together and seem like a huge advance.. 

Going there the mist was rising as the last glimmers of sunset were leaving.  The mist was not just having watched news with the fly past  of a park in Sheffield...

On return it was feavy hog time . Also on return I noticed as I sat upright in the landrover my neck was not happy,  with all the leaning over the layout.. 

It's quite painful now, so some Amber fluid is being consumed... 

Time to order some gates..  20mm x6mm...

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7