The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

22 minutes ago, 81C said:

You would like a themed night at the Ace Café in London where you can see real bikes Like India, Vincent, Guzzi's which I really do like and no wuss Harleys or tarty Honda Gold Wings for some reason and the rock bands

they have for entertainment are pretty good. :danced::dancer: 

The bikers here have all switched to their 2-strokes with skis on the front and rubber cat-track drive. It's snowing, again.

• Like 8
  • Funny 8

4 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Presuming it is this one:

Googling "waaf queen don't stop me now most uplifting" should find the right one.

https://waaf.radio.com/blogs/anthony-capobianco/according-science-queens-dont-stop-me-now-most-uplifting-song-ever

The headline was "According To Science, Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now" Is The Most Uplifting Song Ever" There were many other links to the story by other outlets.

Since this web story is apparently only visible in the US, essential details from the story are:

Rating = 60 + (0.00165 * BPM – 120)^2 + (4.376 * Major) + 0.78 * nChords – (Major * nChords)

According to researcher Dr. Jacob Jolij, the BPM (Beats Per Minute), musical scale, lyrical content and variety of chords are the some of main factors that can determine the amount of "positivity" felt from a song.

For instance, songs with a BPM higher than 150 imbue listeners with a sense of energy. If a song is played in a third major key, listeners often experience a sense of happiness and confidence

The top 10 "most uplifting" songs according to this rating system were:

1. Queen, "Don't Stop Me Now"
  2. ABBA, "Dancing Queen"
  3. Beach Boys, "Good Vibrations"
  4. Billy Joel, "Uptown Girl"
  5. Survivor, "Eye of the Tiger"
  6. The Monkees, "I'm a Believer"
  7. Cyndi Lauper, "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"
  8. Bon Jovi, "Livin' on a Prayer"
  9. Gloria Gaynor, "I Will Survive"
  10. Katrina & the Waves, "Walking on Sunshine"
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

I finally managed to get rid of 'notifications' by sussing out the fact that it was the browser that allowed them irrespective of what it said on the 'Notifications Settings' page of this forum.

So how do I get rid of them? (being a paid-up member of the 'anything to do with IT works on the FM* principle' club).

Dave

*F.......... Magic

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Evening Awl, 

Just back from the MRC where we were two members down due to the cough and cold that's been hitting some quite hard.  Like Gwiwer, SWMBO got hit hard,  and has visited  the quack,  she also had a chest X-ray which has now come back all clear..  She still coughs occasionally having first got it a couple of months back.  

I seem. To not have had it badly  but I appear to be getting a sore throat regularly..

On better news I'm still complying with the 1842 railways act and building fencing... 

As usual its time for my choccy goodnight  all.. 

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

It’s been another beautiful sunny day here in the northwest, but it was quite cool first thing, but I didn’t feel the need to put the heater on in the workshop. Some more work has been done on the L class, today I fabricated a new one piece set of coal rails out of brass wire and off cuts of etchbrass, to replace kit’s 3 piece cast white set, which to be honest is very flimsy. 

This evening we had James and Amelia round for tea, they also brought round Sheila’s birthday card and presents, as they won’t be able to make it tomorrow.

The Christie Hospital in Manchester, I know it well.

Goodnight everyone 

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Met up with my friend at lunchtime and he's decided that he's fit enough to go to the Tonbridge show so thats where I'll be tomorrow. Slight problem is that the venue is in the town centre and theres no mention of parking facilities so its fingers crossed.

There is a largish carpark in front of the venue but, as its a Saturday and next door is a large Sainsbury's, the car park will be quite busy but, if you are lucky, you may find a space. Otherwise, understand there are other car parks close by.

Can't be more specific as always use the train to get to Tonbridge.

Keith 

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, 

6 hours good sleep in two pieces, 

Ben the Border Collie insisted we went on patrol,  .

Getting very light, 

Frost only on most prone parts, 

Chilly, 

Now trying to warm up again, 

Going to allow things to warm up before returning out. 

Bye for now. 

• Like 14

Good moaning from the boring borough. Up earlier than usual for some strange reason. Little to report. 

Nice to read that Sandy is putting John on redundancy notice. 

Latte > breakfast > Tonbridge

Enjoy the weekend.

• Like 15
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

A very dull start to the day here and the forecast states that it will stay like that for most of the day.

Hip and back still playing up but I must get moving around to loosen up as I'm off to Twickenham with son Steve to watch Quins play Worcester later on.

This morning I've got some paper to shuffle and a couple of bills to pay.

Nicki and children will here this evening for a meal and possibly staying overnight.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

First of all, thanks to Stationmaster for the tip. I've managed to get rid of the notifications OK but the other thing, I.e., the list that appears top right when I log on headed 'Followed Topics' that actually bears no relation to the topics I do follow is still there. Not only are the topics listed definitely not ones that I follow but, like others have found, they're not even ones that I've ever looked at.

A bit cloudy but otherwise a fair start to the weekend here. SWMBO still full of lurgy so planned weekend activities either cancelled or on hold, hence not much to report apart from I'll be shopping, cooking etc. With a bit of luck, though, I may get some time to indulge in a bit of soldering iron wrestling.

Have a good day everyone. Hope GDB enjoys the game.

Dave

Edited by Dave Hunt
Missed out half the post when I first sent it
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Morning all

Chaos reigns this morning, as it's Charlie's birthday, so have been dutifully setting up his new phone and locating painting guidance for this delightful chap...

99079915004_SloppityBilepiper01.jpg.25c71e278061409558b5fc8c9695fc4c.jpg

We are off to ballet with Leah shortly, then I suspect I will be called to finish off one bedroom and make a start on the other, but at least the sooner it is done, the sooner I can make a start on my baseboard.

Have a good day all

• Like 18

Morning all. Hope all are well? if not speedy recovery/sympathy as appropriate.

Up early for a change today as Richard was up early to go to college at 4.30am and I couldn't get back to sleep. As I'm picking up Natalie later on to go back to my flat, I figure might as well stay up now and get some DEMU work done,  whilst Poppy snores on the spare bed.

Tomorrow off to the Warley club for their open day, should be interesting.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Just a quick hello before I'm off to Tonbridge. Andrew, look out for an old git with a flowing beard supported by a red walker that will be me, come over and say hello or avoid at all costs if you prefer.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Morning all

Q that is not good news to start the day with. Thoughts with you and the family. 

SWMBO has an international SkyPipe call booked shortly with one of her PhD supervisors. I am required to make no noise and leave her undisturbed. I might manage both unless I have a coughing fit. 

Slept reasonably well by my standards and if Neighbours (Upstairs) celebrated Friday Night I was, for once, totally unaware of it. I am usually awoken briefly by the sound of returning-home footsteps and occasionally by the falling-upstairs of a less-than-sober person. No floorboards were heard dancing either. It’s much too early to expect signs of life up there. Come back after midday for an update!  

Once the noise ban is lifted I shall enquire what is required of me today but at the least a trip to acquire more cat food is on the agenda.  It’s grey and overcoats overcast here but it might still be the first outing for the new SWMBO tricycle. 

Let us hope and pray for no kerb-side GDB moments. 

Thinking of Mal, Gabe, John, Sandy and Debs among those in particular need. And of our number, various, away from home on their respective travels - stay safe. Avagoodweekend. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1