The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

I also got bumped off the rmweb this morning, I just assumed the Internet was running slow. Anyway, I managed to get all the cakes done before dinner. Which meant that, after dinner I could make a start on prepping all the veg for tonight’s roast chicken dinner. After tea, I gave the kids a choice of either a slice of the white chocolate and black currant cheesecake or a small jam and cream filled cupcake, they all went for the cupcakes, which means that there are just enough left for Sheila to take to her Zumba class tomorrow. Tomorrow morning I’m going to the Trafford Centre to get Sheila a birthday present, as it appears that one of her favourite perfumes is being discounted by 15%, plus I’ve also a a voucher to use as well, I think it’s too good an offer to ignore. 

Goodnight folks 

• Like 16

All elective surgery for tomorrow has been cancelled. Delivery of critical hospital supplies has been held up due to the weather so everything is being held for trauma cases. Just one of those things.

I can't get to my shed because of the snow, and even if I could I wouldn't be able to do much. To pass the time I've been mucking about with a spreadsheet. At this rate I might actually have to start coding in earnest. Aaarrrggghh!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 17

Morning All,

There is no sign of any snow here.  However, the temperature is down to around -3°C and we have quite a heavy frost.

Another day of testing awaits, but first it is time for a coffee!

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Another grey but calm and dry morning here in hippo-land. Mug O'Coffee close by together with a rather lovely hand-made card from SWMBO to celebrate  SV day. Fortunately I had already bought her one before the sky bookcase fell in yesterday so all is well and harmonious on the domestic front. Visit to the dentist this AM as I broke a piece off a tooth the other day then lunch out, providing I can chew OK. Not sure whether any workshop time will then be in order as I still have to fix the holes in the wall following the bookcase debacle.

Have a good day everyone and thoughts for those who cannot.

Dave

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Gold

A misty morning here but was clear skies when I went out to scrape the windscreen of ice earlier. Other half on a delayed Great White Worm after a bridge strike around Purley.

Yesterday had a good day fault finding and tweaking a friends new Swiss layout. Even had my Harz mountain loco and coaches running around on it before he set up a Swiss one.

back home decided to meet my other half for a pre valentines drink as it would be quieter than today plus we are at Mums later.

Enroute I stopped by the station on the public footbridge to photo a freight but it was running later and later. Not sure what else was going on apart form a great White Worm heading North held in platform 2 for over 20 minutes due to passenger disturbance with other services going around it via platform 0 then a Reigate service terminating in Redhill due to being late.

Anyway I had a couple of pints waiting for her in the only traditional pub in the centre of town as she was delayed leaving work. Police came in looking for someone. Been quite a few incidents in town recently. 'Not me guv':dirol_mini:

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It’s a cloudless Sky here in the northwest, which means that the temperature has dropped a little 1C currently according to the app on my phone. 18 cream cupcakes have been packed for Sheila to take to her Zumba class, with so many I’ll be giving her a lift there this morning. After that I’ll return home and start the veggies for tonight’s tea, corned beef hash, before heading off to the Trafford Centre as I mentioned last night. 

DS. Sorry about your Gran. 

Back later

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Morning all on SV day.   It's bright and sunny here and I believe that it is starting to warm up outside with a  promise of 13 from the twirlers of 'algue'  (presumably the root for the word alginate)  have promised.

A good meal out at some friends was had.   Today I have scored some brownie points by producing a home made SV card as they are difficult to buy over here.   I downloaded a design, tweaked it, added a couple of photos and printed it on photo paper before gluing the two bits back to back,   It seems to have been appreciated.      Like Dave I am also due to visit the fang mender this morning as a filling fell out a couple of weeks ago.   Then this afternoon I am off to a Dr's to register there as we've not been impressed with the first one we went to.  The G word had been mentioned but these two expeditions are perhaps a slightly extreme way of avoiding that.  A meal out this evening is being planned.

Good wishes to all those that are in need of them.   Glad to hear from Tex again and hope that Chrisf's travels are going well.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, BSW01 said:

Good evening everyone 

I also got bumped off the rmweb this morning, I just assumed the Internet was running slow. Anyway, I managed to get all the cakes done before dinner. Which meant that, after dinner I could make a start on prepping all the veg for tonight’s roast chicken dinner. After tea, I gave the kids a choice of either a slice of the white chocolate and black currant cheesecake or a small jam and cream filled cupcake, they all went for the cupcakes, which means that there are just enough left for Sheila to take to her Zumba class tomorrow. 

Was there any point at which you used a hammer?

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

DS, sorry to learn about your Gran. 

Sunny here. I put Aditi’s car in the road so she could take her French society  visitors to Leigh on Sea for part 2 of the visit. There was still some frost on the windscreen but it soon disappeared.  Before Aditi retired it was my job to clear the car on frosty mornings.  

Someone down the the road is moving out today. An enormous removal van arrived at about the same time as school run drop off time. The driver clearly knew how to manoeuvre his vehicle. 

Tony

• Like 17

Good moaning from the boring borough. Crabtree taking the day off. 

Little of note apart from it is another Hallmark Holiday today. That date in the calendar when we are expected to spend stupid sums of £££ to prove how much we care about someone. We both decided to not do anything this year as dining out is not on the menu with our diet regime. However, I was a bit sneaky and fostered an elephant in her name. 

That is about it. Back to work, coffee, the same old. Enjoy the day. 

• Like 17

13 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

Ack! Well, the day got away from me first thing, just when I thought I had time to read and post...

With "auditors" at the Long Island client, the level of frantic has just been elevate :)

Yesterday saw us get another 5 inches of snow time it was done. We're now up to 39 inches for the season, and 25 in the last nine days. So instead of it looking like a light winter, we're right on track for an average or possibly record after all.

-15 first thing and cloudy, a whopping -7 right now, still cloudy but no more snow expected until later tomorrow.

Hope everyone is heading over the HUMP successfully! :jester:

Especially for Ian - saw this on FB and thought of you immediately!

minniwinter.jpg

• Like 6
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium

Morning yet again from Estuary-Land. Fost and frog has all but disappeared and so has the bin wagons dawn chorus.  The local sparrows are making a lot of noise in the thorn bush near my front door, possibly they are nesting there as the bush is relatively cat-and-any-other-predator-proof. C&C's where necessary, be back later.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

Good moaning from the boring borough. Crabtree taking the day off. 

Little of note apart from it is another Hallmark Holiday today. That date in the calendar when we are expected to spend stupid sums of £££ to prove how much we care about someone. We both decided to not do anything this year as dining out is not on the menu with our diet regime. However, I was a bit sneaky and fostered an elephant in her name. 

That is about it. Back to work, coffee, the same old. Enjoy the day. 

I hope for your sake thats not in any way connected with the diet.:jester:

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium

I dropped Sheila off at her Zumba class just before 9:15, she was loaded down with cakes, I expect she’ll only bring back empty boxes!  I returned home and made a start on the corned beef hash. By 10:15 it was cooked and cooling in the pan so I set off for the Trafford Centre to pick up the perfume that Sheila wants for her birthday on Saturday. Whilst I was there I picked up the stuff I would usually pick up tomorrow and also called at the butchers for our weekly meat rations, thus leaving tomorrow free, which I intend to spend in the workshop. 

Back later

• Like 17