The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

I tried Ballet once:

image.png.b7e391aac1991d57958ed3adfe2d6fd8.png

Thanks very much for that Richard, just the sort of thought I needed this morning it will be like an earworm for the mind. However I'm not too surprised as you  used to jump out of perfectly serviceable aeroplanes because you couldn't ait for them to land normally.

Jamie

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Still bit breezy and something went 'thud' yesterday evening but has not yet been traced (or maybe I just imagined it after baked beans for a light supper).  Talking of which we had hot dogs for lunch which has of course resulted in a surfeit of cold, cooked, sausages today and as the cold sausage hoovers are overseas I presume it will be my duty to deputise for them as they won't appeal yo Kev and his airborne mates and Mr Fox probably prefers dog food.  No dau ily orders yet received and no shopping is needed plus we don't bother with a 'paper on Saturdays.

Have a good day everybody and have a nice comfy flight Chris.   By the way if you do get to see any polling stations should you be in Aus when the elections take place try to avoid the startled look on your face - the approach to the Polling Station tends to be rather different from, and much more politically lively, than is permitted here - even I was offered various inducements, such as nice partisan badge to wear, when walking past one on election day in NSW, the tv stuff is however absolutely hilarious. 

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

I tried Ballet once:

image.png.b7e391aac1991d57958ed3adfe2d6fd8.png

I thought of you while in Paris. We were walking back to the hotel when there was a restaurant with a menu board outside displaying a large cut of meat. Above it was the word hippopotamus. It took a moment to realise that it was the name of the restaurant rather than the menu item. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 18

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, and speaking of heavy weather I'm in the middle of doing some modelling

Hope Chris has a pleasant flight.

In homage, I too will be venturing onto a couple of aircraft on Monday, although a day trip to the north east may not be quite as exciting.  My ticket suggests I'm seating forward of the engines. I say "engines" in the loosest sense of the word. At least if the rubber bands unwind too quickly I may not notice. :D 

Not much planned for the weekend, although I shall be having a light bulb moment later. In as much as mum has asked for me to purchase backup light bulbs for every lamp in the house. I'm wondering if I should go for broke and buy back up lamps for every lamp and fitment in the house, too. I've managed to reduce her infrastructure to 2 freezers and one fridge. 

Thoughts with Mal, Gabe, John and Sandy.  

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Eric seems to have done his worst and we seem to have escaped without any problems. I’ll shortly be heading off to the workshop where I will make a start on a new bracelet for Sheila. Hopefully I’ll have most of the work done today, leaving just the polishing to do tomorrow. 

Chris, enjoy your trip of a life time.

Andy, ouch. 

Back later. 

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

I'm getting forgetful in my old age. Only just remembered that there are 2 rugby matches to watch later, Scotland v Ireland first followed by Italy v Wales and of course England v France tomorrow. I will shortly be hanging up my "Do Not Distrurb" sign.

• Like 14
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Eric is just having his final shout but the wetness has gone and the sun is shining. I located the Tesco vouchers so I'll get that sorted today, however the flyers I'd picked up in their place have now gone missing, probably right under my nose though. C&C's all round, be back later.

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Bon voyage Chris...mega walkabout coming up. Enjoy it!

Our walkabout continues. We are cold today but should be reasonably warm tomorrow.

Food is plentiful and beer is available. No worries!

Thoughts are with all who ail especially John and Sandy, Mal and Gabe and Debs.

Have a great time whatever you do today!

Baz

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

For those who have lost Eric I can assure you he's been here all day in east Anglia. 

I spent most of the day in the alley way workshop.  Every so often Eric has roared like a lion above the current howl.. 

Two hinges and a lock was fitted to the door reinforcing beams added to the back to screw and bolt through to. 

The door was then given a coat of undercoat. 

After that a section of 75mm extruded polystyrene 1200mm by 600mm was cut,  then solid timber inch square inserted in to each corner, after that the back piece 10inches high was glued on.  It's all now weighted down for a week. 

Since then a hot soak in the bath has been had including an eyelid inspection.. 

• Like 14

19 minutes ago, laurenceb said:

One has to ask,  Why?:o

18 minutes ago, laurenceb said:

17 minutes ago, laurenceb said:

Surely, one only has to ask once?

Or are you doing a Tom Jones impersonation? (Delilah)

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, JohnDMJ said:

Surely, one only has to ask once?

Or are you doing a Tom Jones impersonation? (Delilah)

One would have to be really supple to stand on ones own head. 

• Agree 6
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold

Aditi wasn’t sure she would feel well enough ( sore throat) to visit her Mum in Enfield tomorrow. She rang to explain to MiL she would confirm tomorrow. However MiL said she is going out for lunch so no need to visit. Aditi is now consuming her favoured respiratory cure. I am not sure why Armagnac has restorative properties but she is convinced.

Tony  

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

E‘ning, folks. Rather balmy outside and rain plus high winds on the forecast. Do I detect the first traces of spring there? :blink:

Currently sat in the faraway place called Heiterblick for my break. Largely missed the footy match as I managed to sneak through just before most anyone had left the stadium!

Enjoy your trip, Chris! :sungum:

Thinking of Mal and family, John and Sandy, Debs and everyone else ailing.

Later. :bye:

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Evening.

Eric certainly left his mark on Fraggle Rock, many trees down and a very disturbed night - our bedroom faces west, the rain was like you see in old movies, hosepipe just out of shot!  After that horrendous night, today was actually very pleasant and spring-like, daffs are flowering and it felt rather pleasant.

The correct name of the Cornish town is of course Lostwithneil, much to the amusement of Sis in Law who lives there, my Debs (as opposed to THE Debs) is a Cornish gurl. 

No train stuff today so I'm safe from THE Debs, just need to pass good wishes to all in the wars or missing. 

I had that osteoporosis scan thing after wrecking my foot, as it was a concern that I broke so much, so easily, apparently.  The radiographer can't review these, they had to go off Island to be reviewed which seemed a bit silly, but the results were fine, no osteoporosis or post-immobilisation effects which can be an issue apparently.  Just a GDB-like ability to injure myself most effectively. :laugh_mini:

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 12