The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening.

My best wishes to those ailing, as ever.

Interesting notes about BP, my new GP is a BP evangelist, anything other than 120/80 is no good and cause for a telling off of biblical proportions.  Not often I get that low, but 130/90 is a sort of average, which my previous GP reckoned was OK at this age (59.9) and given I have issues with some exercise due to various surgeries over the last few years.  My BP meds have stayed the same for quite some time, and as I really struggled with some of them previously  am not minded for great change.  We will have further discussions I am sure!

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Premium

Thanks everybody for the interest in my blood pressure; and to think that until yesterday I hadn't really given it a second thought except that when I used to have my RAF annual medicals it was 'OK'. I guess from the latest thinking on the subject that I'll be wise to shed a few pounds - unfortunately I have back/spine problems that effectively preclude meaningful exercise more than walking a mile or so. Hence no Scottish falling over water tonight.

On a lighter note, got nearly four hours productive workshop time in today and even managed to avoid any major c*ck-ups. Whoopee!

Night night awl and thoughts for those with real problems.

Dave   

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Good evening folks

Well the rain stopped just after I’d got down to the workshop and by dinner time the sun was out! A bit more progress has been made on the old L class loco kit. I made a start on adding some cab interior (there wasn’t any supplied in the kit) and I also corrected a mistake I made on Monday, I’d inadvertently put 2 treads on a missing step it instead of 1, doh!

This evening we had James and Amelia round for tea. They usually join us on a Friday, but he couldn’t make it tomorrow, so came round tonight instead. For tea we had a roast chicken dinner.

Thoughts with sick and missing, in particular Mal & Gabe, John & Sandy, Deb’s and anyone else who needs them. 

Goodnight all 

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Morning All,

It is slightly milder weather today.

It looks like it is going to be a fairly busy day, and we are testing next week and the engineer responsible is off sick.  (As are many, there's something going around).

Oh well - Time for a coffee, and then I'll make a start.

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Dark here. 

Our train this afternoon is still timetabled to be running. A few each day have been cancelled due to weather related work. Was it windy in the U.K.?

We saw a group of gilets jaunes yesterday in the museum. They were about 7 years old on a school trip. 

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Morning all and it's a wet and blowy one today.

Steady now!! No tittering in the back rows, thank you.

Working from home today as one of the kids has the lurgy.

That means I won't have the delights of traffic jams etc and got an extra hour or so in bed.

Not much else to report. 

Ta ta for now.     

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Very wet and windy here and forecast to stay that way for most of the day.

Chris, I hope  you enjoy your trip of a lifetime.

No plans made for today apart from, of course, my assistance being required with one or two domestic tasks.

Might go upstairs and play with trains as they've been neglected for a while.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Wet and windy here too. Not a lot planned apart from taking my Dad to the dentist and getting stuff ready for going to my son's in Leatherhead tomorrow. We are going to see my six year old granddaughter in a song and dance production on Sunday.

Have a great time on your trip Chris.

TTFN

Dave

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It’s another wet start to the day! Breakfast has been consumed, as has the muggertea and the orange juice. Once Sheila has finished her breakfast we will be heading to the Trafford Centre. On the way home we will call in at the butchers to pick up the weekly meat rations and hopefully a pastie!

Chris, enjoy your holiday. 

Back later

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Very wet and windy here so far today.  The wind is set to continue here for about another 36 hours.  I don’t plan to go out today except for a talk on Indian Railways tonight, which is part of our MRC winter talk season.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1