The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Sunny here. At just before 7 it was above freezing but it felt much colder while I transported our bin bags round to the front. We don’t have much unrecyclable rubbish. We had a lot of garden waste as Aditi has been busy pruning.

Mick, happy birthday for yesterday. I hope you enjoyed the cakes.

Mal, I hope you find out what’s happening.

81C, do you think Mrs Reg expected you to run over and assist?

Andrew, so which colour will it be?

Tony

• Like 12

Morning all. Hope all are well? if not speedy recoveries as needed. Happy birthday to Mick for yesterday, hope you had a good day.

Yesterday proved fairly productive at least, should have the bedroom and living room finished off next week hopefully. At least my flat is only a 1 bed one! then the outbuilding needs sorting/tidying...

Richard was supposed to go home today with Poppy, but his car won't start, so we're awaiting the RAC to come out to see what the problem is, I reckon either glow plugs or battery most likely. I daren't try my car in case that too won't start, it still has the same battery it left the factory with in 2005 (well if the stamp on it is to be believed), but has shown no signs of problems at least.

Fairly sunny today, with a slight bite to the breeze, the snow is mostly crunchy stuff underfoot now, I suspect most of it will be melted by the end of the day, though snow is forecast for Thursday too.

• Like 2

. Some classic ways of getting out seen including ball via bat onto head onto fielder to be caught by the wicket keeper..priceless.

That's happened to me, the only variant being that I was caught at short leg. Bowler was left arm over the wicket. I wasn't wearing a helmet.

It was the first ball of the whole match. I hoped that in the concern for me they had failed to notice the ball had hit the shoulders of the bat. As I took guard, the umpire broke the news....I then had to pretend I hadn't realized. Oh what wicked webs we weave....

It was a long afternoon in the field later. I probably crowned my afternoon by dropping a catch!

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Aditi has gone down to the library, not for her usual dose of violent Scandinavian crime fiction but to protest about its proposed closure by the County Council. I registered my objection on Saturday. I don’t think this protest will be of a violent nature.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

81C, do you think Mrs Reg expected you to run over and assist?

Tony

Hi Tony I doubt that very much, this how sad she is, an incident 8 years ago that nasty ##w accused me of running a neighbour 4.y.o.Brat over when I was stationary he had

rode into in my Transit I got the Cops round to sort it out "She Witch" got a serious talking to by the Copper that why we get the evil stare, I reported brats mother to

Social Services for failing to care for her son after she gave me a mouthful for reporting it to the police, Brats father/wimp knocked on our door later in the day and started

ranting to be told by me to go away (well sort of in best Anglo Saxon)  :jester:

D.I.Plomatic

A'noon all, hope all's well,

Back from Brum where a nice lady with latex gloves on who was a dead ringer for Cheri Lunghi poked and prodded me into submission until I passed another railway medical! I very nearly missed the appointment thanks to the M6 being full of other Brum bound motor vehicle operatives, but at least it's over for another year.

Stay safe folks, and avoid any nice ladies wearing latex gloves..!!!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi Tony I doubt that very much, this how sad she is, an incident 8 years ago that nasty ##w accused me of running a neighbour 4.y.o.Brat over when I was stationary he had

rode into in my Transit I got the Cops round to sort it out "She Witch" got a serious talking to by the Copper that why we get the evil stare, I reported brats mother to

Social Services for failing to care for her son after she gave me a mouthful for reporting it to the police, Brats father/wimp knocked on our door later in the day and started

ranting to be told by me to go away (well sort of in best Anglo Saxon)  :jester:

D.I.Plomatic

My Dad was coming home one evening on his motor scooter when he saw a cyclist (a paper delivery boy) get knocked over by a car that didn’t stop. He stopped and went and helped. He got another witness to go to a house to ring for an ambulance. Someone else arrived on the scene and started suggesting Dad should be given a thrashing for injuring the boy. Fortunately for the “thrasher” someone else intervened.

Happy belated birthday Mick.

<yawn> Rather late today as a result of the steroids best I can tell. It's one of those 6-5-4-3-2-1 a day deals.

Jemma had the same thing a couple of years ago when she had her sinus issues. She warned me I'd need a good book last night...

Summarily ignoring the warnings we went to bed at the usual time and I was then UP from about 11:30PM to 2AM when I finally felt tired enough that I thought I could sleep :O  :jester:

The rest of the night I seemed to sleep "fairly well" but am feeling blqqdy tired now.

Slow day for sure, and I have to take Bob to an annual "senior cat checkup" later this afternoon - fun for all ;)

-10 here with a high of -7 expecte3d - THEN it's supposed to start getting cold! :O

Hope HUMP day goes well for all.

Edited by Ian Abel

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land.

Aditi has gone down to the library, not for her usual dose of violent Scandinavian crime fiction but to protest about its proposed closure by the County Council. I registered my objection on Saturday. I don’t think this protest will be of a violent nature.

My friend said he also attended the same protest, outside the same library. (He lives right behind the library.)

• Like 10

Evening all, hope everyone has had a good day? If not hope tomorrow is better.

Richard had the rac out for his car today as I mentioned in this morning's post. Rac diagnosed a duff battery (late last year his alternator died, so possibly that damaged battery and cold weather killed it). Fixed by rac with a new battery and he's safely home with poppy again. Miss them though, flat is too quiet without the mad bouncy hound! Only have until Monday to see 'm again at least. Richard changes to day shifts next month which should make things easier in some respects.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening folkses..

Gave up trying to post again last night, nothing happened when hitting the 'post' button. The font has gone all funny too.

Very icy this morning, lot of cars tripping up. Hit black ice just outside the village, discovered Hyundai stability control works well - unlike previous car's Ford version. The light used to come on, but then you spun.....

• RMweb Premium

Good evening folks

This morning’s freezing fog stayed around until just before dinner, but the temperature didn’t rise much above 1C. It was fairly busy when I got into the pool, at about 9:45 there was around 15 (including myself) in the water. However, by 10:00 it was down to single figures and by 11:00 I was the only one left in the water. Once again I managed to do 100 lengths, I also managed 6 lengths under water, each on a single breath.

The afternoon Ian dropped Ava, Evie and Max off as they were stopping for tea, which tonight was pizza, so it was a fairly easy tea to make and not much cleaning up afterwards either. Once I’d taken them home and we’d cleaned up the kitchen, I poured myself a beer and we then both decamped to the front room and watched a bit of recorded TV.

Mal. Home all goes well and they find whatbthe problem is sooner rather than later.

Goodnight all

• Like 15