The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Chris, what about the card that the poet office does?

We have a post office travel money card. It is safe but the fee for using it at an ATM is fairly high. Ours is for emergencies or shops. Do you mean some some other post office product?

Edited by Tony_S

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

does any-one take Co-Codamol on a long term basis I'm having vertigo attacks and have narrowed it down

to another wonder drug as my useless Quack calls it Co-Codamol, quack said I should not have side effects 

with it PAH

I've been on it (prescribed 500mg, two at a time, no more than 8 per day, typically 6) for about 16 months.......

All good for me.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Co-codamol contains codeine, which is an opioid.  This can cause all kinds of issues for some people, and can be addictive of course.  I used to do OK on it, but now find that it causes very shallow sleep and subsequent knackeredness.  More that usual!  Tramadol too, now causes that, I took a lot of this after mashing the foot and after both bouts of subsequent surgery, but I can't take it now.

81C IIRC you are having sleep issues.....so speak to the Pharmacist and do mention the poor sleep, it may be connected.

Podiatry, not Chiropody….ahem... was the department I managed in my last NHS post.  We were incredibly busy with a service level agreement of 35,000 appointments a year, and actually achieved 49,000.  So they cut my staff in 'reward'.  So I cut off myself shortly afterwards and bu££ered off over here.  That saved them a few bob for a while anyway, and my sanity retuned, but slowly.  I still wake in a cold sweat about it occasionally.

Afternoon All

does any-one take Co-Codamol on a long term basis I'm having vertigo attacks and have narrowed it down

to another wonder drug as my useless Quack calls it Co-Codamol, quack said I should not have side effects 

with it PAH

You boys with your fancy toys I've a top end Fiesta that's got door lamps and it throws out a better pool of light

than that Land rover wagon, just thought I would mention it.  :onthequiet:

Co-codamal is a pain killer combo of paracetamol & codeine. The only side effect I get with the full strength co-codamal is the usual codeine induced constipation and stomach upset. Generally I never take it more than 3 days in a row as my quack suggests.
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I was once on 360mg of codeine a day. I was definitely feeling odd. I slept but kept waking up convinced I was being attacked by rats or snakes. I did discuss this with the doctor and the medication was stopped. Later it was reintroduced at lower doses as necessary.

• RMweb Premium

Co-codamal is a pain killer combo of paracetamol & codeine. The only side effect I get with the full strength co-codamal is the usual codeine induced constipation and stomach upset. Generally I never take it more than 3 days in a row as my quack suggests.

Codeine caused me to be a bit "bunged up".............. I'm fine and quite regular with co-codamol. (TMI for some - apologies)

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Codeine caused me to be a bit "bunged up".............. I'm fine and quite regular with co-codamol. (TMI for some - apologies)

Cheers,

Mick

That is what the large dose of codeine was supposed to do. It didn’t and the doctors started talking about surgery. But the consultant said he had heard about a new medication that helped some patients. It did, still taking it, ( since 1984).

• RMweb Premium

Today I did t do an awful lot in the workshop, apart from tidying up. I’ve also carried on sorting out a lot of old spares, which I’d started sorting out a few months ago, with the intention of putting on Ebay when I’ve got it all put together.

Like others, whenever I’ve taken co-codamol it always gave me constipation, so I stopped taking it and funnily enough, the pain subsided! So I don’t bother taking ANY pain killers, I don’t even have an injection when I have a filling at the dentist, but I’ve do for an extraction or root canal work.

Goodnight all

• Like 13

I don’t even have an injection when I have a filling at the dentist,

Inconceivable. You're a hardier man that I, sir.

I will say that I did not have any lidocaine when my last filling was done but that was on the tooth with the recent root canal. No roots, no nerve endings no pain.

NSAIDs and opioids will bind one up.

Edited by Ozexpatriate

Tis a little warm here right now, and its stretched pretty much from coast to coast which is unusual...

The world's hottest places in the 24 hours to 11am (AEDT) on January 16:

1. Tarcoola (Australia) 49.1°C
  2. Port Augusta Aws (Australia) 49°C
  3. Woomera Aerodrome (Australia) 48°C
  4. Olympic Dam Aerodrome (Australia) 47.9°C
  5. Hay Airport Aws (Australia) 47.8°C
  6. Oodnadatta Airport (Australia) 47.7°C
  7. Marree Aero (Australia) 47.6°C
  8. Coober Pedy Aws (Australia) 47.5°C
  9. Warburton Airfield (Australia) 47.3°C
  10. Ivanhoe Aerodrome Aws (Australia) 46.9°C
  11. Wilcannia Aerodrome Aws (Australia) 46.6°C
  12. Leigh Creek Airport (Australia) 46.3°C
  13. Wulungurru (Australia) 46.2°C
  14. Moomba Airport (Australia) 46.1°C
  15. Yulara Aws (Australia) 46.1°C

Afternoon All

with it PAH

:onthequiet:

I was prescribed co-codomol for sciatica around 20 years ago. After 3 days I felt all at sea (the room was going up and down) so stopped it. I'm never good with opiods, though. When I was in hospital last February they prescribed Fentanyl for pain relief which sent the walls crawling in my head.

Yes it's 3am and yes I'm up, sleep elusive just now!

Mal

Edited by Purley Oaks

Morning All,

It is another dark, but relatively mild morning in this part of the world.

My first coffee has already been consumed, and I have already had visits from two colleagues to ask my opinion on the Brexit vote.  As you can well imagine, I have my opinions :mosking:

Oh well - better get on.  I have quite a long to do list planned for today.

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

The firs glimmers of dawn are starting to appear here. The fire has been coaxed back into life and breakfast has been taken. Like Chris I am also finding John (CB's) blog fascinating reading. I wish him and Sandy all the best.

Trainspotting was a washout yesterday as there were engineering works and all signals were at red. I did however have a nice chat with the lady in the booking office and was able to book our tickets for the journey to the airport in April. The price, with senior railcards, that she offered me was so good I boked first class. The afternoon was spent pottering in the kitchen catching up on various allocated tasks. The giraffe was repaired though I still have to take the G clamp of the leg, four new handles were fitted to kitchen drawer fronts and the door that we use most was adjusted so that it's no longer hard to lock. A Mole wrench did the latter deed adjusting the rubbing strip under the door that part of the lock engages with. A pleasant hour or so in the shed was productive.

Not sure what's going to happen today as I haven't looked out yet. I may even go out on my bike depending on the weather and will certainly head for the shed again.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dry at the moment but a cloudy day with some drizzle to start with is forecast. It may brighten up for a while but more, possibly heavy rain to come later.

One roofing firm (who we've used  in the past) visited yesterday, still waiting for a call back from another.

First task today is to take SiL Steve to collect Abbie's car which is apparently ready at last although he doesn't yet know what the fault was.

After that we are off to look at sheds and other garden buildings  although going to a different, more local, supplier to the one chosen earlier.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 17