The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Stitches out today and my scar pales in comparison.

Still nice to get them out......back not right but it's never going to be, just good to have no acute pain.

NO I can't go to the gym (yet) and NO I can't go skiing In February..........they didn't say anything about riding the bike tho (to be fair I kept it quiet)......

Still the pile of kits is slowly going down, a fair bit of spraying and lettering has been carried out so alls well.....so far.....

Still can't see that rotund lady crooning tho......

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. On the news this evening about a fatal stabbing in Surrey on a Waterloo bound train this afternoon. The police are still looking for the perpetrator. I expect Rick if he was on duty has been caught up in this and will tell us what he can in due course.

Edited by PhilJ W

• RMweb Premium

Evening awl,

If you'd have told me 12years ago that as an electronics technician, I'd spend most of my time stareing at excell spreadsheets analyzing results, I wouldn't have believed it either..

Just back from the MRC much reduced traffic on the roads, I guess having spent a week or two up here over Christmas the Londoners have spent this weekend down there..

The planned layout move didn't happen because the club was moving one of theirs. So I got the static grass gun out and waved it around a lot.. It's made an amazing improvement.

To which I'm off to the strong ladies site to reorder some spring grass and a mini hoover to try and recover the excess..

• Like 18

If you'd have told me 12 years ago that as an electronics technician, I'd spend most of my time staring at Excel spreadsheets analyzing results, I wouldn't have believed it either..

It is understandably the number one tool for finances, and then applications like sales and inventory, but perhaps more surprisingly the number one engineering tool as well. Doubtless it is ubiquitous in the sciences (particularly for experimental data).

It is, as John says, very much a 'learn by doing' tool.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

My trip to the Trafford Centre this morning was very uneventful, I was home before 11:00 and I’d even managed the butchers in that time. Unfortunately, I was too early for a pastie, so I had to make do with a steak and ale pie instead, oooh, it’s a hard life.

My second parcel arrived this afternoon, but it wasn’t our usual postman. We usually get our post delivered mid morning, so I assume our usual postman is on holiday.

It’s been a very grey day, with very little light, but it hasn’t stopped the squirrels and the birds fighting over the bird food that’s been put out in the garden, it can be very entertaining sometimes.

The roast chicken dinner went down very well, as did the cheesecake we had afterwards, so much so that there’s nothing left!

John. Glad to read there is a slight improvement with Sandy, long may it continue.

Goodnight all

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Currently doing the Oakland beer scene. A bartender in a newish brewery was telling us that this place had a recent redecoration... Yeah right!

But the beer range is superb so a worthy visit. Barman looks like Robert of the Cure according to my other half.

post-1557-0-05198400-1546646359_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-71356800-1546646506_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Good morning one and all

Robert, I am mortified at not having twigged the Mainz connection – not down to DB this time!  John has explained the constraints on us but that is no excuse for overlooking the possibility of a brief encounter.

The trip to Switzerland was not intended to be a drinking holiday but it’s funny how things turn out.  That fine and very more-ish German wheat beer Erdinger was available in vase style glasses at the hotel in Interlaken and at ChF6 a half-litre vase I took full advantage of it!  On St Stephen’s night, which we know as Boxing Day, the final vase was a mistake and rather loosened my tongue.  I think I’ve apologised to everyone …  Near the hotel in Interlaken is a craft beer shop with as fine a selection as ever I saw so that merited a couple of visits.  Then there was gluhwein, dispensed in festive markets among other places.  All this comes at a price, which in my case works out at just shy of £200 in a fortnight.  Heavens, what must you think of me?   The good news is that I got away without a hangover.

Today I shall study the paperwork that I have for the Antipodean ahead of preparations.   I’ve already learned that it’s a good idea not to put too much stuff in a suitcase.

Warm thoughts to all in distress or missing, especially John and Sandy as their ordeal continues.

Chris

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl,

A good 7 and a bit hours sleep yippee.

We have a shortage of milk, so I'll have to have a bacon butty... How sad :)

I'm off to collect the new washing machine later, this is slightly worrying as while leaning over the layout last night I appear to have woken my back, an early red pill is required.

I suspect Ben the border collie will start want out shortly.

Time for a doze while I have the chance..

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dry here but a cloudy day forecast with temperatures possibly reaching 5oC.

A very nice meal enjoyed here last night, liver & bacon with onion gravy washed down with a passable Aussie Malbec. Rugby watched and Sarries beaten by Sale for the first time in, I believe,  4 years. Once again it was disappointing that the ref had to speak to at least 2 senior England players about the way they were talking to him and the other officials. However Owen Farrell was given a yellow card for a high tackle so hopefully that might make him think about it as he seems to habitually do that (and mouth off). He's a great player who England really do need on the pitch for the full 80 minutes.

Today it will be Leicester v Gloucester that occupy my attention for a while.

The day is supposedly mine to do with as I please but it wouldn't surprise me if "somebody" tries to alter that state of affairs.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 14

Morning all

Muggacoffee currently on the go. I think the next item on the list is to take Charlie to his beginners Warhammer club at the shop in Eastbourne, and the usual Saturday night trip to the in-laws, but the parts of the day in between, I have no idea about.

Hope Saturday goes well for all

• Like 14

Good morning one and all

Robert, I am mortified at not having twigged the Mainz connection – not down to DB this time!  John has explained the constraints on us but that is no excuse for overlooking the possibility of a brief encounter.  Cue Rachmaninoff

Today I shall study the paperwork that I have for the Antipodean ahead of preparations.   I’ve already learned that it’s a good idea not to put too much stuff in a suitcase.  I can't see you overindulging on Foster's

Chris

Chris, nice to have you back.

Bill

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, slightly late on parade today as we were slightly late back home this morning. A good evening had been had and as the streetlights go out at 23.00 and there was no cloud cover, a fabulous night sky as we walked up. Now we are removing decorations then this afternoon are heading to another expat house for an "at home" in honour of 12th night , or something like that.

John, good to hear better news about sandy and long may the improvements continue.

Jamie

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

Currently enjoying muggertea No2 and I’ll very shortly be setting off to Mike and Sarah’s house to have a look at the bathroom extractor fan, as it has water dripping from it. As we’ve had no rain for a week or so, I expect it’s condensation, but an examination will confirm that one way or another. Before I set off I’ve got to get a few things together for the task, like a decent set of ladders!

After that there’s not a lot planned.

Back later.

Edited by BSW01
  • Like 13

• RMweb Premium

While we are on the subject, hite goods collected, IE one washing machine, I was out of the house for two hour of which 1/2 hour was sitting outside the shop.. The internet says it opens 09:00, the sign on the door says 09:30, several other people arrived early because of this.

I'm glad I don't work there the store room is at the back of the shop all the stock has to down and up those three steps...

Time for a coffee before moving the machine from kitchen, over dryer to its new home.

• RMweb Gold

The trip to Switzerland was not intended to be a drinking holiday but it’s funny how things turn out.

This year I have resolved to drink only on special occasions.

So far I have gatecrashed three weddings, two funerals and a christening.