The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

Breakfast has been eaten, muggertea and glass of orange juice have both been drunk. It’s another cool day hare in the northwest, but at 3C it’s a little warmer than yesterday’s 0C. Shortly I’ll be off to the Trafford Centre for a few bits and pieces then I’ll return home via the butchers where I’ll pick up the weekly meat rations and hopefully a pastie.

This evening we have James and Amelia coming round for tea, which tonight will be roast chicken etc.

Back later

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Bright and sunny this AM but still a mite cold. Not that I mind the cold that much as long as its dry which its predicted to be into next week. Not a lot else to report, be back later.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Chilly overnight but, again, no frosted cars for the early starters of the household.  Currently I am at 'Wait Order' status in respect of whether or not the Waitrose visit will be required today, only time and the management will tell (me).  I used to regularly stay i. Mainz when attending meetings with DB in Frankfurt - yet again one of those 'use this hotel' inheritances from collegues who had stayed there previously for a similar reason although said hotel has now gone, hardly surprising because even back in the late 1990s it had a considerable air of antiquity about it.  The main shopping street seemed a bit lack lustre although it had obviously been the recipient of Sir Arthur Harris' ideas on urban 'redevelopment' but hopefully it will have improved although i wonder if the book shop I frequented is still there.

Anyway back to today and nowt else planned apart from a need to purchasea newspaper somewhere - the rest depends on herself and any menu plans for the weekend.

Have a good day one and all

• Like 18

You Wuss

Lets get something right! I'm a WASS not a Wuss although whilst searching family history I have found a couple of the latter in our family tree but that would be  because of very bad handwriting.

As to scars, well I had this photo on here in the past and since then I have had a second parallel one but I'm not showing it here.

post-276-0-96812300-1546600421.jpg

Edited by Judge Dread

Lets get something right! I'm a WASS not a Wuss although whilst searching family history I have found a couple of the latter in our family tree but that would be very bad handwriting.

As to scars, will I had this photo on here in the past and since then I have had a second parallel one but I'm not showing it here.

attachicon.gifOperation Scar1 2008.jpg

What track gauge?

Bill

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I have a few scars, some bigger than others but I think Neil's are pretty impressive.

Medic visited and slightly worrying problem diagnosed as nothing to worry about and no more than a cyst and infection so antibiotics prescribed. Also discussed ongoing knee problem and physio now on the agenda - when I get a round tuit.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Greetings all and a Happy New Year.

This is my first day back - a one day week to ease me in....!

We spent time at Cley in North Norfolk over the holiday - a nice enough place for a break. We saw seals swimming in the sea, and a steam train at Sheringham. I was intrigued to see a house called Station Master's House in the village; the railways went nowhere near as far as I can see. Perhaps Mike once owned it ;)

Best wishes to all, especially to John and Sandy

radio station or radar station or coast guard station or lifeboat station?

• RMweb Gold

Good morning from a sun rising Santa Rosa - looks like another sunny day ahead.

Today we return the rental car to downtown Oakland where we stay our last night of this trip. Plenty of new watering holes since our last visit there so that will keep us busy aswell as linesiding the street running through jack London Square.

My other half now has a cold. I wasn't feeling well a week ago and our two friends who returned to UK new years day were not at all well on their flights home. Another friend went home earlier today from work after also being very unwell but hes not been anywhere near us for some weeks. We seem to have quite different symptoms so may all just be a coincidence.

Just spent an hour updating and renaming the photos taken so far this year which should make it much easier to put on the server when I get home.

• Like 19

Happy POETS to all...

Nothing of interest yesterday, and even though there's only been a couple of days "work" to start the year, I'll be happy to POE and start the weekend.

Apparently it may be busier than I originally expected as we apparently have to attend the funeral of my broth-in-laws brother. Someone I've only met once or twice in 30+ years and who was always distance from pretty much everyone except said brother who handled his monetary affairs. Oh well, I guess it's one of those things you "just do".

Will take up most of tomorrow morning/early afternoon apparently <sigh>

-3 and sunny, headed for 4 later.

Enjoy the day where you can.

Many thanks for that suggestion, I just bought one and it's a massive improvement. When the PC was downstairs it connected via an Ethernet cable, so the performance was better than WiFi upstairs, but still quite slow. With the change of ISP I can now watch YouTube in HD with no buffering, and no doubt stream TV with no problems. The previous ISP package was pants, but was one of the few that included free land line calls, an essential when certain members of the household make a lot of calls. The new provider also does it.  

Pete

Glad it worked for you Pete! - When it became apparent that we needed one (when I upgraded my PC and Charlie had my old, but still decent, one), I went to buy a PCI Card to give him WiFi, but after seeing these and the difference in connection speeds, I'm glad I did. It's now been 18 months with no problems at all. 

• Like 13

Last of the Christmas decorations now down - the outside lights are away until December. Tonight may also be the last sizeable meal until then, as, after taking Hannah to the doctors (a very mild steroid cream prescribed for some ezcema behind the knees), I was despatched to Argos to purchase some bathroom scales. The diet, I am reliabily informed, begins on Monday.

With that in mind, tonight's nosebag was a takeaway curry (Madras) which went down very nicely with a beer.

Sadly, after a lovely few days, it's back to the grind on Monday with a return to work.

Lets get something right! I'm a WASS not a Wuss although whilst searching family history I have found a couple of the latter in our family tree but that would be  because of very bad handwriting.

As to scars, well I had this photo on here in the past and since then I have had a second parallel one but I'm not showing it here.

attachicon.gifOperation Scar1 2008.jpg

Maybe someone on here has the know how to join the scars together and we can make a layout plan.

post-19606-0-34109600-1546624980_thumb.jpg