The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Perhaps all refs should be props or hookers but they'd probably forget themselves and join in

For several years, as a centre back, I played football regularly against a really competitive forward. He retired from playing and became a referee. The first time he refereed our team, I kept running into him - he was refereeing from where he'd played. I pointed this out to him and he said "I know, I'm trying to get better, and I am. To begin with, I was calling for the pass as well!"

• RMweb Premium

Good evening Ladies and Gents.

May I simply wish one and all, together with our extended families, the best possible New Year in 2019.

Normal commentary will resume next year ;)

• Like 3

The Aussies would like to ban scrums. This would turn Rugby into a game for fifteen 6' 6", eighteen stone automatons. The 5'8" hooker with short legs and no neck (cue Richard, Bob and myself) would no longer exist.

Bill

Guys & gals,

So I've been stood up twice - two ladies having separately acquired Gwiver's cold - I'm on my tod this evening. A bottle of port has been opened and, as a fair amount may be consumed, may I wish you all a happy new year whilst I am still capable.

Thoughts especially to John and Sandy, Debs, and to others of you in distress.

Bill

Good evening fellow ER's. My apologies for anything I have missed over the last few days which have passed by in a whirl. There gave been two days working in the shop, followed by a family gathering in Sheffield. Today Amber and I have went out to say goodbye to an old friend - that being a certain Britannia class locomotive at the Great Central Railway. Two return trips undertaken behind, the soon to retire, Oliver Cromwell on its last day in service. It was looking quite dirty and unkempt - I am not sure if that was deliberate or just a lack of cleaning care from the shed staff. I believe it will end its current spell in service at Leicester North tonight on a New Year train before being dragged back after midnight on the rear of a diesel hauled service. Hopefully it won't be away too long.

I would like to continue to send supporting thoughts to John and Sandy and Debs who I see made a brief appearance recently. 

There are just a few hours left of 2018. There are many who have had challenges throughout the year, and are still facing them. I hope those people win their battles and have a better 2019. Like those, I will be very happy to see the back of the current year - a year that has seen me endure difficult working situations, a spell at home with depression and the recent issues with fraudster attack. I sincerely hope that 2019 will see a change of fortunes.

Happy New Year to you all.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I suspect the sound of fireworks will let us know when 2019 begins . We are not staying up to see the New Year in. Aditi likes films with aeroplanes so we watched 633 Squadron and then some Frozen Planet (didn’t have aeroplanes ).

If you are celebrating, enjoy and I hope 2019 is a good or better year for you.

Tony

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

I suspect the sound of fireworks will let us know when 2019 begins . We are not staying up to see the New Year in. Aditi likes films with aeroplanes so we watched 633 Squadron and then some Frozen Planet (didn’t have aeroplanes ).

If you are celebrating, enjoy and I hope 2019 is a good or better year for you.

Tony

The fireworks started around here about 6 o'clock and have been coming and going since.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Whizzzzzzzzz Poppppppppp Bannnggggggg

Should auld acquaintancccccczzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

I would like to wish all of you Health, Wealth and happiness for 2019.

Toasted the New Year in with a wee dram of Old Poultney. Very nice!

Piece of coal and a silver coin carried across the threshold at 12:01 as part of First Footing.

Sleep well awl!

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Just seen a bit on TV about the dangers of bacon.. I enjoyed a bacon toasty shortly after..

Time for a second Muggacoffee coffee...

I quit listening to these reports when they claimed that coffee plus bacon could result in cancer.

Happy New Year! (nearly)

It's off to a bang. I just discovered someone, or something, siphoned $8,000 from our bank account. It might be fraud but it's probably just a big screw-up.

That was followed by an email from Netflix advising me that someone with the same name as my six year-old grandson had created his own Netflix profile on our account. AND it turns out his eight-year old cousin had done the same thing. I was not a happy grampa, and that's putting it mildly.

EDIT: But in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal.

Edited by AndyID

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

From a waterless village just East of Lancaster where we have had none of the commodity since 10,45 last night, and I found out after flushing the loo just after being awoken by the inevitable explosions.  One of these was a very loud multiple bangs job - I counted 45.  Back to sleep, then woke about 3 to the sound of drilling on the main road, which will probably be disturbing Geoff, as he lives nearer the main road than I do, and it sounded to be only a few yards from his home,  Still hearing drilling now, and still no water.  We have a couple of bottles, but will just have to pong until we can get a shower, and as for flushing the loo - I had no idea when I was filling it from a watering can that we keep filled in the garden how much it holds.

Happy New Year to all ERs. and I hope that you are all having a better start than I am.

John - pleased to hear that Sandy is progressing, albeit slowly - as for the word foosty, I use it in normal parlance, and have done for most of my life - indeed 30747, who is a Londoner *welll Croydon actually but just into the London postal areas) now uses it as well.

As I missed posting yesterday, there is quite a lot of water passing under the ERs bridge, so generic greetings are the best I can offer to the ailing and the celebrating.

Back later, time to ring United Uslessness Utlilities to see if they have an update,

Regards to All

Stewart

Morning .........

As I missed posting yesterday, there is quite a lot of water passing under the ERs bridge, so generic greetings are the best I can offer to the ailing and the celebrating.

Stewart

..... but not through your pipes....!

• Like 5