The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I don't know if other members use Banggood .com - but is anyone else having a problem with the site?  I'm attempting to buy a pair of LM317 Variable voltage controllers and the site appears to be flatly refusing to let me buy them - it appears to lock up on the second page where I'm trying to select "checkout with Paypal" or even "Proceed to checkout" , nor will it let me use the email them  button to ask if there is a site problem.

Edited by shortliner

• RMweb Gold

I don't know if other members use Banggood .com - but is anyone else having a problem with the site?  I'm attempting to buy a pair of LM317 Variable voltage controllers and the site appears to be latly refusing to let me buy them - it appears to lock up on the second page where I'm trying to select "checkout with Paypal" or even "Proceed to checkout" , nor will it let me use the email them  button to ask if there is a site problem.

I couldn’t get it to recognise LM 315 at all, it did for quite a few LM 317 products though and I wa s able to go as far as the final checkout page before I deleted the order.

Suggest you turn your computer or tablet off , back on again and use another browser.

I haven’t used banggood, I like Rapid Electonics for my very rare occasional electronic items.

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Morning from yet another sunny one here in Venturar

Stewart - not every city has anything like the number of breweries in San Diego but still generally quite a few in most. here in Ventura we walked to 4 breweries and there are quite a few more that can be reached by bus or car.

Yesterday Amtrak was up the creek again so we could not do the hsort return trip to Carpenteria but that suited me as wasnt feeling to good overnight so my drinking (and eating) very much curtailed till the evening. Our friends did catch a late running Amtrak train to Oxnard then used the local bus service to visit three breweries. In the evening I felt Ok ish enough to have food and a few small glasses of beer.

This morning we should have been catching Amtrak to Los Angeles but the train has been cancelled and the next one is three and a half hours later. They are having major issues with the new PTC (Positive Train Protection) system.

We may be catching a train in the other direction back to Santa Barbara then pick up the train from there as more chance of getting seats. Does mean that we can have lunch and another good pint in The Brewhouse at the far end of the station or Figuerola Brewing at the other end so not all is lost but just not so long in LA to do breweries there.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Great to see Debs back even if we now have to behave ourselves. I went to the swap meet at Rayleigh this morning and found a couple of working tram models, one was a motorized Corgi Blackpool balloon and the other was a built up Bec kit of an LCC works car.

:bye: Morning awl!

Nice to see you back Debs.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon Awl, especially the Debs from me and a 22kg Ben the Border Collie who at the moment has decided he's a lap dog, which does make typing this somewhat Awkward.

I missed yesterday's mal di mare de website. As I did miss the site.

Welcome back.. and WELCOME back DEBS...

Yesterday the last carriage was almost finished, until I ran out of screws, I've used 700 20mm screws!!! I still need about another 100 to attach the sockets for the feet, the handles and the piano hinges between carriages and layout.

Today I sailing day so...

Forecast westerly 5 to 15mph scattered clouds 11C. Low tide at 13:05

What we got was 6mph and a very strong Tide going out still at 15:00.

Race 1, course 4p 2p.

As we approached the start line, the wind dropped and we got washed down stream and found ourselves having to tack back toward the club. By the time we got there the lead boats had departed, so we followed in last place for 3 laps loosing more distance to all the boats but 1, that one we passed about 400 yards from the finish..

Race 2, less wind.. Same course

A better start in Fourth place, and during the tacking up to the first bend we made it up to third which we held till buoy 4 then up spinnaker and, we held third back to buoy 2. On rounding that another boat got past us and we dropped to 4th. Shortly after another boat passed us, and that boat eventually made into second. We just don't go well in light winds.. So we finished in 5th.

After a couple of cheese rolls time for

Race 3. Course 4p1p2p.

Even lighter winds, and northerly, definitely not what was forecast, we started in the middle of the pack. But in the light winds we dropped back to last. Several boats got a few hundred yards ahead, then they slowed and we got a couple of puffs of wind. So we drifted up and over took a couple of boats.

Eventually we made it to buoy 4 up spinnaker, and it barely inflated. We'd taken half an hour by then. We drifted back to the club over taking more boats. The course was shorted before we got to buoy 1, we'd never have made it back from buoy 1 to the club against the tide..

We somehow finished in second a long way back from the leader..

Dinner has been had, Ben has returned to his bed, I'm going to inspect eyelids.

Have a good evening folks..

Afternoon Awl, especially the Debs from me and a 22kg Ben the Border Collie who at the moment has decided he's a lap dog, which does make typing this somewhat Awkward.

I missed yesterday's mal di mare de website. As I did miss the site.

Welcome back.. and WELCOME back DEBS...

Yesterday the last carriage was almost finished, until I ran out of screws, I've used 700 20mm screws!!! I still need about another 100 to attach the sockets for the feet, the handles and the piano hinges between carriages and layout.

Today I sailing day so...

Forecast westerly 5 to 15mph scattered clouds 11C. Low tide at 13:05

What we got was 6mph and a very strong Tide going out still at 15:00.

Race 1, course 4p 2p.

As we approached the start line, the wind dropped and we got washed down stream and found ourselves having to tack back toward the club. By the time we got there the lead boats had departed, so we followed in last place for 3 laps loosing more distance to all the boats but 1, that one we passed about 400 yards from the finish..

Race 2, less wind.. Same course

A better start in Fourth place, and during the tacking up to the first bend we made it up to third which we held till buoy 4 then up spinnaker and, we held third back to buoy 2. On rounding that another boat got past us and we dropped to 4th. Shortly after another boat passed us, and that boat eventually made into second. We just don't go well in light winds.. So we finished in 5th.

After a couple of cheese rolls time for

Race 3. Course 4p1p2p.

Even lighter winds, and northerly, definitely not what was forecast, we started in the middle of the pack. But in the light winds we dropped back to last. Several boats got a few hundred yards ahead, then they slowed and we got a couple of puffs of wind. So we drifted up and over took a couple of boats.

Eventually we made it to buoy 4 up spinnaker, and it barely inflated. We'd taken half an hour by then. We drifted back to the club over taking more boats. The course was shorted before we got to buoy 1, we'd never have made it back from buoy 1 to the club against the tide..

We somehow finished in second a long way back from the leader..

Dinner has been had, Ben has returned to his bed, I'm going to inspect eyelids.

Have a good evening folks..

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Nice to see Debs call by... and Many thanks to Andy Y for sorting out the website..he hasn't much hair to pull out but I bet he was pulling at what is left!

A trip up the A1 and back..one lorry spotted... but boy..some people think 40mph is top speed on a motorway...

Enjoy what is left of the day folks!

Baz

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

My Morris Minor's handbrake only works on even days, for the odd days, you can hear me shouting "Chocks away!" :nono:

:banghead: My car tells me when to change up a gear with a little arrow display on the dash board it's bad enough with bloody SWMBO :girldevil:  telling me how to drive s'pose 

I could sort the problem out in an instance by blowing the pair of them up together has any-one got a few sticks of TNT for sale.  :hunter:  :devil:

A.S.Sasinn   :spiteful:

• RMweb Premium

Evening.  Missed the forum yesterday as it was off line by the time I got here.

Baz, the UK wasn't cut off, as Simon explained its been nice up here.  We don't get cut off......you do :jester:

In other news - not a lot.  ABC Murders trains are diabolical, trying not to let it ruin the story, but not sure I like the 'dark' Poirot. :mail:

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

In other news - not a lot.  ABC Murders trains are diabolical, trying not to let it ruin the story, but not sure I like the 'dark' Poirot. :mail:

There is a thread on this discussing LNER/GWR mongrels.

• RMweb Gold

Evening all.

I have finally managed to sit down with a glass of amber nectar and some of the reading and reference material that was thoughtfully gifted this Christmas. By, that Oor Wullie can be a right wee scamp at times.

Edited by BoD
  • Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Evening all.  And with great satisfaction Evening Awl as well.  Debs is most welcome back among us.

Cold slowly abating.  I have spent much of the past several days in bed doing very little.  We did manage to get to the family meal today in Iver; a full house of eight being self, SWMBO, sister, BiL, our two cousins and their husbands.  We inherit this tradition from the last generation who decided some time ago that with their dwindling number they should keep in touch by way of a six-monthly family meal.  As that generation has all now passed and we are the senior generation we take up the mantle.

Being asleep when not at the House of Fun has meant no time to read through the past few days' worth of posts though I was aware of a malicious atack causing the site to go down for a time.  That happened to be the time I was awake and trying to read it!!!

Once more unto bed here.  I must be as fully fit and sober as I can manage for the morning.  If there is any time a random substance test is likely it is this week.

All the best.

• Like 2

One thing it has not been here for the last few days is quiet. The California contingent's plane was a bit delayed. We got to bed at around 3 AM.

The weather has been quite good. I invested in a couple of plastic toboggans and fortunately there was just about the right amount of snow.

Here we have our sons-in-law dutifully supervising their boys. Oh! Wait......

post-25691-0-35686000-1546208243_thumb.jpg

Now practicing for the Winter Olympics dog racing. They use a small boy on a sled instead of a hare.

post-25691-0-68353100-1546208477_thumb.jpg

But Torri and Shona thought it was great fun.

Edited by AndyID
  • Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

As most of you will have noticed, the rmweb was down for most of yesterday, so like everyone else I couldn’t access it until today.

Yesterday I managed to get all the decorations down and packed away into their respective boxes, then into larger boxes, leaving just the larger boxes to put back into the storage area. I only had the tree to take down this morning. Then that too was put back into the storage area. The hole process has taken up the entire weekend, but that’s it now until next December.

After tea I did a bit more research, whilst reading my HMRS SR & LSWR book I came across the reference to some interesting livery’s, namely Maunsell green with Bulleid lettering, might make for an interesting model.

Nice to see Deb’s popping in.

Goodnight all

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

lummy! What happened to 2018?

Parcels to post this morning after mugatea and breakfast.

2019 could be an "interesting" year for all sorts of reasons.

I just hope it is a year when health is restored to our ERs who ail and some ERs return to fill these the pages with some of their insight into life.

No "first footing" scheduled for tonight other than at home. Piece of coal and silver coins are ready.

Back later,

Baz

• Like 17