The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning Don....

Glad to see you are up and well. BoD's comment about England v Germany was very tongue in cheek. I think he's referring to the 1966 World Cup Final to show how show the train was back from Scotland.

I'm sure most of us were watching the England v France game. It was enjoyable, although not a showpiece game. More of a hard work, ground out victory...

Still great to beat the French though...:D

Morning all! I was out last night at a rather belated Burns Supper so missed the game but I've taped it to watch later. Though knowing the score in advance does perhaps spoil the fun a little! Still, at least we're 60% of the way to the Grand Slam, even if Martin Johnson thinks it's too early to talk of that.

Setting off in about an hour from Durham to head up to Glasgow. Will be collecting Jamie and taking her down to the SECC for the show. Glad Dave(Max) and BoD enjoyed it. I only found out on Wednesday that I was going!

Have a good Sunday all, and let's hope for a good Scotland v Ireland game too!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all!

At last - a nice sunny day looks to be ahead. I was really hoping that I could get to Midhurst for the annual Modellers Exhibition and meet up with JohnDMJ. 009Matt and Claude_Dreyfus, however as we haven't left yet it doesn't look promising!

Spent about 4 hours babysitting last night but it was quite enjoyable because me and the child were doing some modelling. He had some Airfix kits that he wanted to build so I let him stay up until they got back at 11pm and I helped him build them. The parents didn't mind too much since we were doing something constructive, and anyway he doesn't usually got to sleep until they get home. laugh.gif

They had two little cats that they have had for a couple weeks and seeing them it really brought home how much I miss Maisey. I think I'll have a word with Mum and see when we can get a kitten. smile.gif Anyway, if I'm not going to Midhurst I'll have to finish my pile of geography work. No time for modelling yet again!

Oh, and for those interested in how the party went, it was very funny. Let's just say the cocktails really did work on some people laugh.gif

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, What's going on? The sun is shining! That can't be right for February. Better get on and get down to the shed, some layout niggles to sort out before next weekends trip to Romsey show.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Shiny sun here as well. I'm just off to the pet shop to get some dog-food as there wasn't another bag behind the one in the cupboard. There was just enough for Robbie's breakfast but he hasn't eaten it anyway, he was hoping (I think) we would drop something interesting on the floor. After shopping I'll try and cut the grass but the clay soil here is still soggy.

Jam, don't forget if you go to Uni in the autumn the kitten will be at home with your parents!

Tony

• RMweb Gold

My niece is doing A level Maths at the moment. She came to me for some help with trigonometrical proofs. I have always taught in the same 11 - 16 school and it has been nigh on 30 years since I did my degree and any higher level maths. However, I was able to solve the problems and explain the solutions to her straight away. I was both chuffed and absolutely amazed that I could do it after all this time.

Sorry to sound boastful and bore you folks but I just had to tell someone. :blush:

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to bore you folks but I just had to tell someone. :blush:

I totally understand! Well done.

Matthew has finally worked out that for problems involving advanced statistics a chat with mother is required, whereas problems with corkscrews are more my domain.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Yes, it will be a bit of pain. Hopefully I'll be able to visit home now and again. Particularly if I am able to go to B'mouth. smile.gif (that's Bournemouth not Barmouth laugh.gif)

I suppose if you got it now it would be house trained by the time you left for university! I keep winding my wife up saying I want a degu colony but I've been forbidden! We were allowed rodent pets while Matthew was at home but not now!

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Degu?

I thought that was a society for Deisel and Electric loco fans until I looked it up. Now I know what they look like and that they don't like having their tails pulled.

The same could probably be said about diesel and electric fans.

• RMweb Gold

Degu?

I thought that was a society for Deisel and Electric loco fans until I looked it up. Now I know what they look like and that they don't like having their tails pulled.

The same could probably be said about diesel and electric fans.

Degus only squabble in the mating season but I'm sure diesel and electric loco enthusiasts never have disagreements.

I kept the rat cage we had in case my wife relented about the degu colony but I think I'll get it out of storage (I'm not sure how I ever got it into the loft) and see if the local rodent rescue society would like it. More space for train storage?

Morning All,

There appears to have been a pretty hard frost overnight - but it is very clear, and so it looks like it might be a nice day.

However, it is Monday, and it seems to have come around very quickly!

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Clear sky and a wonderful sunrise...makes even Mondays bearable! :D I've got the biggest chunk of my essay behind me, so I don't think I'll have any time problems.

Have a good day everyone...