The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening Awl,

Just back from the MRC Christmas dinner and very well it went too, feeling close to explosive round the waist line...

Cockwomble on the way home from work on a bicycle, I'm just coming up behind him when he turns left, not a problem you'd think, but this cockwomble swerves out without looking well past the middle of the lane like he's driving an artic before turning left. If I'd been 10ft further forward he'd have swerved out into me.

Driving to the dinner I had her in the box telling me what to do...

Two problems...

Caused I think by a recent update..

It had set my route to the shortest not the fastest, driving down very bendy single track country lanes in the dark is not fun...

Her in the box had her voice changed to minnie mouse ....

Ben the Border Collie has enjoyed his part of the MRC Christmas dinner, left over chips, sausages and the fat off our steaks. He's not had it all, he'll get part 2 of his treat tomorrow .

This is well past my bed time, so I bid you all good night...

• Like 19

Just popped in for a quick muggertea. Whilst drinking it it I gave Peters Spares a call and I spoke to a very nice and helpful assistant. Apparently, my order went through, but there was no record of payment, which I soon sorted out, so hopefully it will be with me in the next few days.

Now back to the workshop.

At least you got a reply. I phoned them a few weeks ago, left an answer phone message with a query about an item and never received any response. I sincerely hope I treat my own customers much better.

Greetings fellow ER’s with generic good wishes to each and everyone of you. Special thoughts to Simon.G, Rik, Neil, Chris.F and anyone else who needs them.

Things have been very busy this week so I have not been able to catch up. My apologies for anything I have missed. Today has been a long day, it was Amber’s 7th birthday. She was very excited and up early but a good day was had by all. I cannot believe how quick the time has gone, but we are blessed with a lovely little girl who does us proud.

The marking remains steady and financially productive. It keeps the wolf from the door and pays the bills whilst I build the business. Things had been going well there but it sadly seems like I have been the victim of a chancer. A “gentleman” purchased two locos from the website on Monday last week. They were paid in full, promptly dispatched and were signed for on delivery. The following day he followed this up with a further order for three more locos. It seemed odd but the order was paid in full and he promptly answered my email about an item that was a soon to be released pre-order.

A week on (this Monday) he purchased four more locos and paid in full. He promptly responded to my email about delivery arrangements and the items were dispatched. Suddenly he (or someone) has made a complaint to his bank that the first order payment was not authorised and has claimed fraud. The bank has promptly contacted the company that handles the website finance and they have taken this amount back out of my upcoming payments. Obviously I have responded to their request for the submission of evidence and have sent everything. Now I am expecting he will raise a complaint about the other payments. If so I could end up considerably ou5 of pocket.

I may be looking forward to Christmas but, after the latest arrangements, I will also be glad to see the end of 2018.

Best wishes

Andy

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

Once again I’ve had quite a good day in the workshop, where more progress has been made on the G16. All the fixings for the body to be attached to the chassis are now in place and a start has been made on filling in the few small air holes in the body moulding (it’s a resin kit). I’ve also started to tidy up the windows and valances. I forgot to mention yesterday that the spares I’ve ordered are for this loco, but not for those missing from the 8F chassis. Instead I’ve ordered parts for an N15, namely a cylinder block, valve gear and con rods. The kit bogie is also made from resin and has very little weight, so I also ordered a complete N15 front bogie, which includes wheels. But, as the original N15 was designed by Urie anyway, I thought that these will look so much better on a G16 than the ones from an 8F.

Goodnight all

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. Welcome to POETS and BIN day Upon the Hill

Celsius has gone missing overnight. It is -3 outside and I am about to venture forth into icy conditions. Stay safe and warm until I’m back.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl,

A good nights sleep, still feeling somewhat full.

Going to try to doze a little more.

Some exercise in digging will be required later..

Bye for now...

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Good morning from the continent.   It's still dark and as in the hill of Strawberries there appears to be a Celsius deficit.   Various tasks got completed yesterday and the jigsaw is continuing well. I loved Polly's story of becoming grown up at 7.   The initials SPCK brought back memories of Sunday School prizes.   It will be grey bin day here today but the chorus has not been heard yet.

Today we are going out with some friends from the village.   The morning is shopping apparently, then some lunch followed by a visit to a cognac producer.   That could be interesting, it's the distilling season and sampling may be required to test for quality.   

I hope that  may be able to make progress on another task.   We have used webmail with Virgin media for several years but can no longer sign into our accounts on our laptops but are still getting limited access via our phones.   I'm having 'fun' trying to find someone who can help us.   We will probably end up moving to gmail in due course but it's a bit annoying at the moment as I can't get to all our archived contacts and mail.

Neil (BR) I hope that you go on OK.

Regards to all.

Jamie

Morning All,

It is a pretty chilly morning in this part of the world.  The temperature is around 2°C, but there was no sign of frost.

The current forecast seems to suggest that there is a 0% chance of a white Christmas though.

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

A bit chilly up here in the North West Leeds Highlands, although I am sure Ian Abel would find it positively balmy.

Mugateahas arrived courtesy of her indoors.

Shopping to be done, a parcel to be sent, not much to do..but I do need to get thr tree into its stand..frabjoy...not!

Might get down to the MRS for a bit more loco checking today.

Have a good day!

Andyram hope the fraudster gets sorted..

Baz

• Like 19

Well at least my Ewok has the same brown upholstery. We have been up and down 45degree slopes in a Discovery Sport. But only short ones and not stairs!

I don't think the upholstery was brown when he started on those stairs.  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Frosty here, there may be some sunny periods and possibly a shower or two.

Parcel containing new drill and driver duly arrived and batteries are now fully charged and rarin' to go. Better find something to do with them.  :yes:

Some domestic tasks scheduled for this morning and a bit more money laundering needed as main pension has hit my account.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 14

Morning from the freezing, freezing borough.  Down to Southwark Bridge for a couple of days.  Thanks for the frost warning, the car was fine except the windscreen, now being dealt with.

Back Sunday (so is the plumber).

Bill

• Like 14

Morning all

Chilly here this morning. Have to pop into town to collect some books ordered from Waterstones. Have to keep the high street going somehow.

Speaking of which, I see that the recently closed flagship House of Fraser store at the West End of Princes Street is going to be a Johnnie Walker Whisky Experience or some such. There's another World of Whisky Experience at the top of the Royal Mile. I may have got the names wrong, btw, but means that tourists with limited time in Edinburgh will be able to get a semi-authentic distillery experience but without the distillery. And it provides Diageo with more retail opportunities for its other brands. It's a prime site and should do well.

Know what you mean about 'Spoons, Ian (Roundhouse). Last time I went in I couldn't help but correct some untruths on those tabletop leaflets with my black ballpoint. Gabe won't allow me back!

That's all folks!

Mal

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. AndyR as Baz said I hope that fraudster gets fixed ASAP. Many happy returns to the birthday girl as well. I can't remember my 7th birthday but then it was over 63 years ago. It was a bit cold when I went to take the milk in from the step but no frost and a bit cloudy. Muggatee awaits, be back later.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

It’s a bit frosty this morning, I’ll have to defrost the car before we set off for the Trafford Centre later. I’ll pick up a couple of click and collect packages, which hopefully will be the final bits of Christmas shopping. I’ll also have a quick look in WHS to see what magazines they have to tempt me with.

This afternoon we have Charlie coming round as he wants a little help in completing an on-line application form for my former employer, that should be fun!

Back later

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Morning 

Everything is glistening white with frost since 5am the sun has just come up from behind the houses I wont be going out till at least lunch time 

in the mid-day sun.  :sungum:

"Her" proclaimed last night she might have a cold then sneezed across the room. PAH  :nono:

Good on you Mal, 50% of those holes ( W S) I went in to check out safety for our drives were disgusting like some of there customers they attract

the wino's, alcoholics  and socially unwelcoming types with cheap beer if the bars area's were unkempt the food areas out back would be the same. :bad:  

Still I must get on "Her" wants to talk better look for my ear plugs. 

C.O. Perdeffun :biggrin_mini2:  

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

The sun (honest) is gradually dealing with some of the frost although our back lawn is now heading for the permafrost season and the meter of therms in the front porch is a gnat's crotchet above the 0 mark.  Hope Andy gets his money back - sounds like a typical fraud pattern where it's a low level start and then build up the quantity, some nasty folk out there but hopefully the card company, bank, or insurance will cover it.

We're off to see my aunt this morning - now well in her 80s and the last survivor of my mother's siblings notwithstanding years of serious health problems.  Down in deepest d former Berkshire but now part of Oxfordshire.  This fits nicely with the day's plans as we have to visit the butcher in Pangbourne to collect the pies (we always have one off his pies for dinner on Christmas Eve) then to Tesco for various oddments and. to drop off prescriptions to hopefully beat the Christmas rush.  No doubt our man on Mannin's Isle will also still be busy as I hear that other retailers seem to be benefitting from 'supply problems' at a certain concern in Widnes. 

Have a good day one and all

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Know what you mean about 'Spoons, Ian (Roundhouse). Last time I went in I couldn't help but correct some untruths on those tabletop leaflets with my black ballpoint. Gabe won't allow me back!

Whilst I haven't yet amended any of them, many others have in ours. Was tempted for breakfast this morning but resisted after taking photos of freight near home. Now back in the warmth before heading to our local post office ot post a parcel to some one on ER. I have way too many HO scale US locos so now thinning out the fleet as I get chance to test them. Also dug out various boxes to put some of the older freight cars back into them and then see if I can sell them aswell, more to help clear the place up a bit more.

• Like 5

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and best wishes.

Home now, slightly stiff and sore but hopefully things are going to be much better.

The op took longer and was more complicated than anticipated, but the surgeon is optimistic he's done what needs to be done.

Had the op in the Nuffield ( paid by the NHS!) and can't praise any of the staff highly enough.

So few weeks getting back to normal, with several kits to work on and lots of weathering to do, no excuses.....it's therapy!

Thank you again one and all.