The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

My brother has been known to put photos on the internet of pans that have boiled dry. Usually with an image of how well he has restored it. I don’t think his wife thinks it is quite as amusing as he does.

I have been known to burn "boil in the bag"

It's quite easy, Just turn it on, forget about it and go out.

The house smelled of burnt meat for weeks and the pan was quite unusable.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Cheers,

Mick

My mother wasn’t in the least bit embarrassed about burning a jelly.

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

The pool was fairly busy when I got there this morning, there was about 12, including myself in. However, after about 30 minutes it quietened down to less than 6 people in. So I was able to get a good few lengths in, something in the region of 90 I think, I lost count! Once I’d got back home and showered it was time for dinner.

Then this afternoon we Ava, Evie and Max round for tea, but before they arrived I put in an order at Peters Spares, which for some strange reason has yet to be acknowledged,I think I’ll ring them up tomorrow tomorrow morning to check they actually got it.

Goodnight all

• Like 17

My brother has been known to put photos on the internet of pans that have boiled dry. Usually with an image of how well he has restored it. I don’t think his wife thinks it is quite as amusing as he does.

Does that make him one of Pan's People? asking for a friend. 

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, Inner temple Here,

Another good 6.5 houurs sleep yippee...

On the final way home last night I stopped to pick up some horse exhaust, 2 hours earlier there were 6 bags awaiting, when I came back with the landrover there were only two, better than nothing I suppose. It will be chucked into  the empty raised bed, and be covered by the soil dug out of the last yacon bed tomorrow.

Soon after leaving home i looked across the common (enclosed 1812) to see the lights of a high top long wheelbase transit Type vehicle on the lane...the lane is now classified as a bridleway only, it's heavily churned up  by the farm vehicles that use it to access the field that side. Which brings the question why?

The driver is lost,,,

It's poachers heading for the pheasant shoot down there, possibly,

it's someone dumping rubbish, also possible.

There is a problem however, who ever it is would have major difficulties turning round without going into a ploughed field or marsh ditch / dyke.

Further on if he can get that far, the trees overhang and he'll be smashing his roof lights off.

I shall have a look on the way home to see if it's still there..

Todays work, review the results of the majors systems overnight cross check, calibrate about a dozen Current shunts..

Then it's time to POETS, well a full day early, MRC Christmas Do tonight, so I've got the day off tomorrow..

Time too... wander past the epoxied floor and do some work...

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from France.   Nor much has happened since last night but I'm encouraged that limbs are not aching too much after our exertions yesterday.  In about an hour I will be off t the Danglies of St John to collect some old style French registration plates for Ivan (Horsetan).  They will look nice on his CX is due course.   Then off to the hospital to get them to amend their records as they have still got Beth living in the UK. On the way back, prescriptions will be topped up and my barnett will be tidied up before we head for the UK next week.  Hopefully I may get some spare time this afternoon.   One of my pleasures in life is jigsaws.   At the moment I'm doing one based on a still from Topgun.    I'm having particular trouble finding the pieces that make up the derriere of a certain Ms McGillis.   For some reason my thoughts keep wandering.

On that note I will wish you all a good day.   It's also nice to realise that I am in select company as I also managed to boil an egg pan dry, though they exploded and cleaning the kitchen up took some time.   The pan never really recovered.

Jamie

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Good morning ERs.

Feeling a bit better this morning.

A pleasant evening down at the MRS last night.some repairs to be completed but otherwise everything was fine.

I need to collect my prescription tablets and eye drops today. BUT the pharmacist warned me that due to instructions from NICE they have tightened up on when you can ask for repeat prescriptions. So one set of tablets may run out on Christmas Day. Great!

Andrew C I do miss a "groan" button on here!

Hope you all have a great day!

Positive thoughts to all who ail.

Baz

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Frosty here and a chilly, breezy day forecast with some spells of sunshine later.

Noisy as well at 6.50 with a skip lorry trying to manoeuvre around parked cars. I've said it before why the hell do they come to residential roads early and before people have gone to work. After 9.00 there will be very few cars in the road. Also a few doors away an ambulance has just carted off one of our neighbours who has had several such trips in the last couple of years. This time however they went on blue lights. Hope he's OK.

More noise now as the one bin lorry due has just arrived.

My parcel containing my new drill(s)has reached Byfleet so I'm hoping there's a chance it may get here today.

The first of this month's pensions is the bank with another due tomorrow. Time to do some book balancing and money laundering.  :yes:

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edit. Email from Fedex confirming delivery today just received. Good oh.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Cheers,

Mick

I remember as a teenager cooking an omelette. And in fairness I was pretty good at it. 

Until one day.

Figuring that the pan was far too hot and a fire was likely to ensue I did what I was taught to do - take the pan off the heat. 

To be extra sure i didn't leave it on the cooker, but put it on the kitchen floor. 

Oops. 

Melted lino patch in the middle of the kitchen. 

Mum gets home and I had some explaining to do! 

My defence - I ensured the house didn't burn down.   :angel:

Acquitted.  :sungum:

Edited by AndyB
  • Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Thanks for the reminders of various rail accidents, which are interesting, and just a little sobering.  My near miss was when I was flying back from Edinburgh on one of British Midland's then new B737-400s - G-OBME, on the last flight back to Heathrow.  The following day, the same plane flew two Belfasts, and on the second, it came to grief at Kegworth due to engine failure, and the captain shutting down the wrong engine.

Jamie - I too enjoy the challenge of a jigsaw puzzle, and particularly like the Wentworth puzzles, which are very difficult, due to the way they're cut, the fact that not all the borders are straight pieces, there are corners which are bisected, so don't look like corners, and straight edges on pieces within the body of the puzzle, and also "whimsy" pieces.

Generic greetings are also on offer as usual to all who are celebrating or ailing. 

Today, I have a visit from a representative of my energy supplier to assess whether our gas meter can be converted to a smart meter, and also to investigate an occasional smell of gas.

Then deliver the local Christmas cards, and pick up 30747 from work - in between, there are a few domestic tasks to perform.

Back later/tomorrow.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

So the man arrived and checked the Hall.

On leaving he said;

I may have to come back to check the Lounge. :O

I said; cant you do it NOW, the carpet is up in the corner exposing the tiles?

He said, I will need to ring my Boss!!!!! :no:

He Did, put his meter on the Tile and said, :scared:  :scared:  Thanks, we will be in touch. :no:  :no:

It would be funny if it wasn't so important for you both that the repair and replacement are needed now not 'after C...s'.

Edit Didn't realise just how many posts have been missed after a couple of days away - apologies if I have missed relevant congratulations and commiserations.

Peter

Edited by PeterBB

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

It’s a wee bit chilly here in the northwest, but at least it’s dry. Sheila has just left for her Zumba class so I’ll head down to the workshop in the next 10 minutes or so, where I will continue to tinker about with the loco I have been working on recently.

Back later

• Like 14

Not booked in for a whilst as been distracted by a number of issues, so apologies.

Best wishes and generic get wells to all and hopefully have a few days of catching up to do.

Have a few mmonents as Currently sat in a theatre gown waiting to go into surgery for further back issues, hate the waiting and not being in control, still in good hands and have bought numerous kits to,aid with recovery.....much better than Lucozade!

All being well out tomorrow, with luck pain free.

Take care all and speak soon!

• RMweb Gold

Morning

I see the Hatton's store thread got lock off by Andy last night tut tut some people are naughty.  :whistle:

Today I've been told to stay clear of my daughters :tender:  (No1) house move so I don't upset my bad back no doubt I will get some brainless remark 

when I pop round the new house as I have not seen it yet Vicky's MiL :ireful:  loves engaging mouth before brain I'll be going round later today so

it gives me a bit time to think about a suitable retort to shut the silly #itch up, it true what they say you can't choose your family like you choose

your friends, SWMBO has made sure she is not in the same house as the S' B' so she doesn't have to endure the stupid woman all day, I can't

wait till tonight as we will be eating out together, NOT. :butcher:

I had a play with the new loco yesterday on the test track just to make sure it works, Her has not asked for it so it can be wrapped I'm tempted just

to give her the empty box to wrap having bought one earlier last month I better put one or the other back in the box Her present is a shopping trip 

in Guildford in the new year then lunch in the restaurant where my other daughter :tender: (No2) is manager she is dreading her mother :girldevil: going

into her workplace.

Looking forward to a super day  Trully Pisstoff   :biggrin_mini2:

Edited by 81C

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I shall steal Andrew’s “Pans People” joke next time my brother posts a resurrected cooking pot on Facebook.

I didn’t get a call from the doctor yesterday morning so set off for lunch confident my Tuesday blood test was ok and not indicative of diabetes as was last weeks. However I found a message on my phone as we arrived at the pub, requesting me to contact the surgery. We went on our way home. Apparently all blood results were satisfactory but the GP would like to talk to me but not urgently. So I have an appointment at 7am on the day after Boxing Day. Fortunately it is a telephone appointment.

Tony

• Like 13