The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

White Rabbits!

Many happy returns GDB! Hope you have many of them!

Horsetan appears to be fine. I will ask AndyY to let him back in.

Rick hope that the parcels get to Oz Ok. The ones I have sent to Murray Bridge have been taking 5 to 10 days. Of course with Christmas coming up the mail planes may be a tad fuller.

This afternoon sees a "running session" down at the club on our layout. We are trying to sort out stock for our next couple of exhibitions.

Enjoy your day!

Thoughts with all who fail and all missing ERs.

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 16

We're having a father and daughters ski weekend at Big Sky in Montana in March (unfortunately MrsID's knees won't let her ski now.)  I've booked a place through Airbnb. Should be sufficiently rustic I think. Big Sky is a new one for all of us so it should be entertaining.

attachicon.gifcabin.jpg

Colour me well jealous. You will really enjoy it. 

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Good morning from the bustling metropolis of Saleignes.   It's weekend so not a single car has gone past while I have breakfasted.  Yesterday afternoon I had a trip out to get various things and managed to get two replacement bits of glass for the two pictures that needed them.  One is a rather nice one showing a large mobile Kettle somewhere between Settle and Carlisle by David Weston, a print I may hasten to add.  The other shows a rather large glass of wine.  I wonder which belongs to me and which to SWMBO.   This morning I'm off to pick up my chain saw chain that has been sharpened and also to the chemists for Beth's prescription.   Apart from that not a lot though the C word has been mentioned.  

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Happy birthday GDB.

Last night on Leeds we ended up in Mr Foleys then Friends of Ham. Everywhere else was wedged but both are good places for goid beer.

Currently in Wetherspoons at Leeds Station having had breakfast and now waiting for a suitable train to Stalybridge. However there is a problem near York as many TPEs late or cancelled which will add to the issues with Northern strike. We have a plan and a few back up ones for today.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

It’s raining here too! I’m off to the Trafford Centre to pick up the bits I would normally have picked up yesterday, if I’d been at home. Sheila is staying in so hopefully I won’t be too long.

GDB. Happy birthday

Back later

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Did you try the Town Hall Tavern Ian?

Good luck with the trains today. 

Baz

Yes been in there on a previous visit.

We were lucky as the train doors stopped right b us and th3 who.e section of coach emptied out so we have seats to Stalybridge. Glad we avoided going straight to Sheffield as XC trains all running late and the platform was wedged with fans heading to Sheffield as was Wetherspoons when they started serving alcohol at 9am.

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

:yahoo: Her is still not talking to me and she slept in the other room last night . :yahoo:   

:yahoo:                         :yahoo:                      :yahoo:

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Happy birthday GDB, and many more of them (and you won't have caught me up for long ;) ).

The rain has more or less stopped, as booked according to Exeter seaweed, but we aren't intending to go out.  Should any shopping be required a suitable message will be despatched to the Good Doctor before she leaves work so that she can hunt for it and bring it home with her.

The local Christmas Fayre yesterday evening was much its usual self although perhaps not as good as previous years although a new highlight was reindeer cuddling for those who wished to so indulge (hand sanitiser to hand so properly organised)i.  Some of the larger fairground stuff has been banned to reduce the effect of noise on town centre residents but some clown made up for that idea by playing some sort of ghetto blaster to promote his secondhand record business.  Localish food purveyors were very reasonably priced but an incomer commercial purveyor of 'German sausages' and his other stall selling 'German raclette' was clearly there to make a loada dosh by charging rip-off prices - I thought £5 for bratwurst, which was not even cooked in the correct manner but was fried,  was the rip-off of the night, but folk were queueing up to buy the things.  We adjourned to the Portuguese run Italian restaurant for a light meal.

Rick - PM on its way

Have a good day one and all.

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

:yahoo: Her is still not talking to me and she slept in the other room last night . :yahoo:   

Have you tried sending her a text?

• RMweb Premium

Be grateful for small mercies...…

Jamie

Good morning all,

Raining steadily at the moment but it may become brighter this afternoon.

Watched a great rugby match last night and enjoyed seeing Quins (just) manage to overcome the mighty Exeter Chiefs. (Their first defeat of the season)

I woke up at 3.00am which is a bit weird as that was the time I was born. I have now completed 70 orbits and can now, as is traditional in this house, declare Christmas open. I do actually have an Advent Calendar Rick so that will be attended to later this morning.

I am excused duties for the day apart from nipping out to get the fresh bread this morning. There will be many comings and goings with offspring and friends helping with preparations for "The Event."

I have been told I must keep out of the way and "go and play with your trains."  Suits me although there is more rugby to watch this afternoon.

Have a good one folks, I certainly intend to.  :yes:  :drinks:

Bob.

Happy birthday young man, do be careful with the candles on your cake, still at only 70, you should be alight alright. :yes:

Edited by Judge Dread
  • Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Happy birthday GDB and welcome to the septuagenarians club. As for next doors extension I was wondering if perhaps it was built today it would require planning permission at all (20' by 12'), hopefully it complies with building regs but it has stood for at least 30 years without any problems. Muggatee awaits, be back later.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. Happy Birthday to Bob

It is wet Upon the Hill. I considered taking the shower gel outside but (a) it isn’t very warm wetness and (b) such an act would probably contravene numerous pieces of legislation including Inciting to Riot.

Many thanks to Mike and Sherry for your correspondence which will be answered anon.

Plan A requires that I dust every nook, cranny and crevice before installing the Seasonal Illuminations. Once those are up some spots become hard to clean without causing major disruption. There is a debate as to where we stored the lights after last year. For 15 years they have lived in one particular drawer but that now holds CDs. SWMBO tells me they are in the cupboard under the stairs. That will require a safari and before I embark I shall need another muggertee.

Plan B Rule 1 may be required instead.

Best wishes to all

• Like 19

Happy Birthday GDB!

It's not raining here - we've had enough wet over the last couple of days`.

I see that JKR's latest book - the script of the new Grindelwald film - has sold upwards of 400,000 in the UK alone. I don't believe it! as Victor Meldrew may have said.

Met a good friend from Gabe's old work last night; turned into a bit of a boozeathon. We met in the Guildford Arms for a beer - the women had a bottle of wine, then another; I'd had 4 beers by the time we left. Then home for St Andrew's Day repast of haggis, neeps, tatties, followed by crème brulée, more wine, then a very nice malt, Bunnahabhain. The friend left for Glasgow at 9am.

Hope your party is even better, Bob!

Mal

• Like 12

So a diasterous night / morning. Going to bed at 11-30pm and found a wet patch in the inner hall carpet. looked up and no drips, checked the walls and they were dry. So now the problem hit home, we have CONCRETE FLOORS! :scared:  :scared:

Turned off the water and the Central Heating, put down some towels and went to bed.

Phoned Direct Line this morning and they sent out DYNO within an hour, he had a look and confirmed my worst suspicions, they would have to come back next week and dig up the Hall floor.

Hopefully the insurance will cover the cost including new carpets. :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

So a diasterous night / morning. Going to bed at 11-30pm and found a wet patch in the inner hall carpet. looked up and no drips, checked the walls and they were dry. So now the problem hit home, we have CONCRETE FLOORS! :scared:  :scared:

Turned off the water and the Central Heating, put down some towels and went to bed.

Phoned Direct Line this morning and they sent out DYNO within an hour, he had a look and confirmed my worst suspicions, they would have to come back next week and dig up the Hall floor.

Hopefully the insurance will cover the cost including new carpets. :sungum:

My brother and sister in law had a new boiler a few years ago. Many of the existing pipes in the concrete floor split. They had trenches all over the ground floor. Insurance covered it. Even worse, my mother in law lived in a penthouse flat. Her central heating pipes leaked, The replacement pipes, relaying of floor concrete, new carpets and the repairs to the downstairs neighbours flat were covered by insurance.

Tony

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

A‘noon all. Many happy returns to Bob, first thing. May there be many more to come!

Stomach bug took me off duty this week but things seem to have settled down again, more or less literally. I guess it’s not a coincidence that Annika had the same thing last weekend, then...

Anyway, four more shifts to check off till my end of year leave and the trip to Lanzarote which we’ll embark on next Friday. I guess we’ve earned it.

Best wishes and thoughts as appropriate. :bye: