The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Yes DD, I did manage to see it on this all singing, all dancing piece of kit. that hangs over my bed, like a Praying Mantice. Not the skill levels seen in the Arsenal v Barcelona game, but enjoyable just the same......

Knackered tonight and at present it's all quiet on the Western front.....

I feel asleep whilst typing this, so perhaps it's my bedtime too.....

• RMweb Gold

Knackered tonight and at present it's all quiet on the Western front.....

I feel asleep whilst typing this, so perhaps it's my bedtime too.....

It feels like my bedtime too. After dinner I couldn't find my spectacles. I know I was wearing them during dinner, my wife noticed I was wearing them, but before leaving the kitchen where we ate dinner I mislaid them. One thing that is certain to really wind me up is to lose something. I eventually found them, they must have dropped off my head while I was getting Robbie's kibble out of the cupboard, as I found them in a bucket at the bottom of the cupboard! Though if this is the most stressful and exhausting thing in my life I suppose I'm rather lucky really.

I'm sure Matthew will be discussing football with me when he phones tomorrow, now that he has become a Spurs supporter!

Hope you have a good night Gordon.

Tony

Early Sunday morning folks.

The sky is lighting quickly and it's cloud free, though the wind is still blowing.

I hope you are given a quick free pass Gordon. I am sure home is not only beckoning but positively shouting.

Time to leave for Church.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Somewhat overcast and cool today. I don't think it is raining now but Robbie came in quite wet after his morning run round the garden.

I hope to stick some track to the board I glued together yesterday. my wife is will be writing all day so I'll be keeping tea and coffee supplies renewed regularly. I managed to solve a Word 2007 problem yesterday. This was very pleasing as I've never used it before!

Tony

Guest Max Stafford

Morning all. General pale grey coverage with watery sunshine up here today. It's the club's AGM today though to tell you the truth, the clubroom's on the opposite platform from my office and I'd rather stay at home beavering in the shed. Still, needs must. I'll need to take my J36 and crane in for the annual competition. Problem is; nobody else usually enters apart from the photo comp so there's not much competition - the guys are more spotters and photters than modellers. Still it's the only club in these parts apart from the O gauge boys and they're on the station too.

We could do with a finescale club in these parts!

Tea and toasted crumpets for breakfast, soon be time for the park!

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

It would seem I am catching up with what sleep I did not get during the previous week – went to bed before ten last night. Before that, we'd been out for dinner, both as a belated birthday dinner for my girlfriend and in memory of her grandma.

Have a good Sunday, guys...

"there's not much competition"

All the more humiliating if one comes last!

Good luck - I'm sure it won't happen. Are there prizes?

Gordon:

Top Tip:

If you plan on giving the nurses chocolates or wine, do it now.

It's no good doing it as you leave - you might never see them again.

Speaking of Tips, I once tipped a non-English speaking steward on a Cruise with the promise of more to come.

My only stipulation was to keep the ice bucket filled (it was very hot).

Yes, you've guessed, bluddy ice everywhere overflowing the bucket.

Guest Max Stafford

Dd, there's a trophy awarded each year for the best locomotive and also one for non-locomotive items.

I suppose I should take the trophy in for its annual polish... ;)

Gordon. Agree about getting something for the nurses at the earliest opportunity. I've always found that stuff like that is best done quickly before the chance passes - it might be a different bunch of staff next week for all you know. :)

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Mrs 45156's birthday tomorrow, but as she's got to work, we're having it today, she's opened all her cards and presents, and also I've volunteered to make the dinner - pot noodle, anybody?

Regards to All

Stewart