The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

The vice principal at the last college was very keen on collecting student data. The students were tolerant about course related questionnaires but not anything about attitudes or similar. So of course when he expressed concern about some of the issues raised by such information gathering we didn’t like to tell him a lot were generated by random answers or choosing the most stupid one.

Tony

I must admit I look for any cases where they effectively ask the same question twice and answer 100% opposite manner for the pair... Sadly I suspect all the questioners see is the aggregate result from all who fill in the forms. So they won't pick up the what's going on.
  • Like 1

And now you can say what you like about a mid-life crisis.

It's an Insignia SRi

Hardly seems to suggest a mid-life crisis. Now if it were red or canary yellow and had badges from companies like Porsche or exotic Italian marques, that would be a mid-life crisis mobile. 

Hardly seems to suggest a mid-life crisis. Now if it were red or canary yellow and had badges from companies like Porsche or exotic Italian marques, that would be a mid-life crisis mobile. 

My wife says it is for me, and who am I to disagree?

(Yes, dear)

After that the new company survey which includes questions about the above, racism as well as how you felt about the company.

For the first time they had a written anything else? at the end.. Boy did I have fun... pointing out the racism of their emails all coming written in Amercan English, photos of the Statue of liberty included in their postings and the fact it always refers to federal statues..

The use of American English and a fixation on American iconography and legislation demonstrates a lack of cultural sensitivity in a multi-national company, but the use of American English is hardly "racist".

The harassment training is largely the result of US EEOC legislation. It's a big preoccupation for US companies but I'm with you regarding the head office mindset.  The headquarters of the company I work for used to be here. We have a nice campus which attracts a variety of wildlife including, most visibly, migrating (and in season, nesting) Canada geese.

At one point the facilities department would send out emails advising employees to stay away from the geese, irrespective of how necessary this instruction really was. (The geese are big and, in season, stroppy.) Instead of sending emails just to people on campus, they would send them to the whole company - much to the mirth/umbrage of people not located here. They used to do the same thing with the annual picnic and the long, long ago movie day at a local cinema. In these more enlightened times, they are much better about using a campus-based email alias.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening.

That was me, GDB - Alasdair Spark is the Dean of Winchester (Edit - 'a' Dean - Dean of Internationalisation - is that even a word?), he and I grew up in the same street and went to the same school.  He's a twin, I correspond with his sister too.  They are both a 'little' more intelligent than me!

Edited by New Haven Neil
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold

New car being collected Friday

It's an Insignia SRi

Didn't ask for it - it's what they could get. And this is the sixth they've tried to get for me in the past three weeks - the rest they wouldn't sell me as they weren't good enough. Says a lot as I've been buying cars from them for 35 years.

A midlife crisis car would be something sporty that you could get into but struggle to get out of.

• RMweb Gold

Who says this one isn't?

When we had Freelanders Aditi sometimes struggled to get in from anywhere other than parking next to a pavement. It doesn’t seem to be a problem with the Evoque. If I drive her Fiesta I have to adjust the drivers seat before I get in, otherwise I can’t get in!

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

Well the predicted rain never showed up, not that I was bothered by that fact. I had a good session in the pool this morning, it was fairly quiet today, so I managed a respectable 96 lengths (1 1/2 Miles). Mind you, I was fit for nowt else for the rest of the day, not that I’d got anything planned anyway.

This afternoon Ian dropped Ava, Evie and Max off straight after school and Charlie arrived a short while later. He walked down, saying he said he fancied the exercise. As usual tea, pasta and meatballs, went down well and the cheesecake (white chocolate and vanilla) did too.

On the subject of company questionnaires and stupid answers. One lad I worked with filled in the end of his (gender, sexuality, etc) by stating that HE was a female, black and a lesb!an.

Goodnight all

• Like 17

I believe Paul helped Jimi's sister get hold of the rights to his recordings (they were held by some Japanese bloke previously) . Whilst her choices of reissues  have been controversial I still think it right that the family have this. By the way despite the hooha over Jimi losing the original mix of Electric Ladyland on the UnderGround (myth or not) - I still prefer the original (remixed) UK release over the "correct" American one.

Yes he did, Pete. Btw, Jimi allegedly lost the original mix of Axis: Bold As Love in a taxi, but who takes the one and only tape from a studio to play at a party even if you had the machine? There are two stereo mixes of Axis released in the UK and Europe but only one in the US. And the mono, of course.

Mal

I don’t know what we are doing for Christmas. Initial plan was to “go away”.

Tony,

After the year you and Aditi have had I think you should "blow the doors off" and go on the Grand Tour.

Just my two cents.

Andy

• Like 6

It's an Insignia SRi

Hardly a mid-life crisis. A mid-life crisis is when you trade-in the house, the missus, and buy a Ferrari. (I'm picking mine up tomorrow.)

• Like 2