The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Wow! Is your Royal Mail sorting office open on a Sunday? Ours shuts Saturday lunchtime until Monday at 0700.

Yes, every Sunday from 11:00 to 15:00 and until 20:30 Wednesdays. Only problem is on a Sunday is the queues, often out of the door and down the street. The parcel that I collected was 6 X 6 X 6 inches and contained a key ring!

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Evening all.

I'm sure that when Tony said 'Nothing to see here' he didn't mean for everyone to go away.

Today has been an very enjoyable but also tiring day at the NT where I volunteer. It was a heritage day and for most of the time the railway rooms were two and three deep. It is so rewarding to see the look of pleasure on youngsters faces and the genuine interest from adults even if I didn't always have time to engage in conversation or fully answer their questions whilst keeping trains running. For most they are surprised to see model railways at an NT property but for many we are so obviously rekindling fond memories.

The only problem is now deciding whether or not I should indulge myself with a glass of red with the evening meal. Today could well have fitted into the 'Days where I love Britain' thread.

Baz, you may relax as I have decided not to seek revenge. Too much.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Her indoors still not 100 % so I have continued with housework today then indulged in a little major eyelid inspection.

I just need to get some accounts to balance and then..who knows...

Glad to hear your "work" today BoD....

Baz

• Like 15

Yes, every Sunday from 11:00 to 15:00 and until 20:30 Wednesdays. Only problem is on a Sunday is the queues, often out of the door and down the street. The parcel that I collected was 6 X 6 X 6 inches and contained a key ring!

That's impressive - must be an area where almost everyone is out during weekdays and Royal Mail have responded to the problem in a sensible way. Hence the queues. Big keyring!

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Anyone who's stood next to 81C at an exhibition may be aware he's a stickler for detail, in particular commenting if loads on wagons are not chained down.

Sunday lunch saw us in the Alresford area, so this photo of a 12" to the foot goods train is for 81C.

Everything ship-shape and Bristol fashion.

post-4299-0-10384100-1537124301_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Nothing to see here was literal, not meant as a “move along please.”

We did go out this afternoon as it became pleasantly sunny. We went to Hyde Hall gardens for a wander about and a cup of tea.

It was busy but not crowded. I mentioned to Aditi that a few coach parties were there. She asked how I could tell. I said the coaches in the car park were a big clue.

We are off to near Aylesbury tomorrow. Visiting old friends. Then Aditi needs to pack as she is going to stay in Enfield with her Mum for a fortnight from Tuesday morning. I have assured her I will eat some vegetables.

Tony

• Like 19

We bought some from a garage today to take over to our friends tomorrow.

The liquid Horsetan mentioned this time was cabernet sauvignon, not Dexron III.

Edited by pH
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. The Keyring in question would fit in a Jiffy bag, as would a second keyring that arrived last week in an even bigger box (though I was at home when it arrived). The keyrings are produced by Universal Hobbies and feature model agricultural machinery which although of a smaller scale than my usual 00 it is not obviously so.

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

I finished the bangle I was making for Sheila, before I applied the hammer finish to it I brought in for her to try on. She liked it so much she said “don’t bother hammering it, I’ll wear it like it is”, result!

Time for bed, goodnight all

• Like 14

Good morning one and all

We did not have much to say for ourselves yesterday, did we?  It won’t last …

For me it was a domestic sort of day.  There was laundry, which means inexorably that today there will be ironing, there was much sorting of magazines, there was preparation and demolition of toad in the hole and there was snoozing in front of the TV while it was showing the news channel.  There was a phone call to the landlady of my guest house in Aylesbury to secure an extra night’s accommodation so that I may attend the pre-S4um sociabilities on Friday night.  There was grappling with the internet to book a ticket for a gig next month.   There was a call from a friend in Peterborough, following which I am charged with booking a table for two in our favourite gastro pub on a Saturday in December.  Isn’t it a bit soon to be doing that?  There was a call from another friend who I hoped would be up for a weekend break in Europe.  For want of a passport he isn’t.  Finally one of my bookcases has started to collapse.  Serves me right for tidying.

Lightengine, the whole point of what I wrote is that I do not rely on being absorbed into other folks’ entertainment and no-one thinks to ask.  As it happens, this year I am in a position to lead by example.

Warm thoughts to all in distress and missing.

Chris

• Like 17

Morning All,

It is rather a chilly morning today, but according to the forecast it is going to get up into the high twenties later on.

The weather is still a little strange!

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Was a bit breezy yesterday so was ready to take our gazeboo down but luckily it can withstand fairly strong gusts.

A bit different to what my brother and fmaily were watching out of their windows in Hong Kong yesterday. His boat was broadsided by another that had broken its moorings. He sent us a few videos of the collision but so far his boat was still moored on his pontoon and afloat. He is yet to check the side of his but he did send a photo of other boats in the area.

post-1557-0-25027000-1537162322_thumb.jpg

Edited by roundhouse