The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Just looked at page 45 in the nearest book (belonging to The Boss:)

He pulls a face. "I'm anyone's for a piece of cake." Then he lets out a sigh.

Could definitely be talking about me!  :yes:

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 5

I used to listen to Radio 1. Now it's Radio 2 [*] - including Chris Evans. And yes - I quite like his shows. (There was a period when he did go off on one at the end of his TFIF/Radio 1 days.)

Maybe I've just got a bit older, along with all my other previous R1 jocks - Sara Cox, Zoe Ball, Simon Mayo, Jo Whiley, Steve Wright, Johnnie Walker, Garry Davies, heck, even Tony Blackburn!

Cheers,

Mick

[*]Jeremy Vine is the turn off.

I don't listen to Radio 2 butiIt wasn't Chris Evans that finally put me off Radio 1 back in the day - it was Chris I love the Sound of My Own Voice Moyles. He has even rocked up on Radio X and that is one of the reasons I don't listen to that on a weekday....

• Like 3

Ah this page 45 business is most intruiging, what :

''In 1933 Rolls-Royce re-intorduced the Bentley marque, with an all new 3 & 1/2 litre chassic, as ever, the all new bodies were provided by coachbuilders - this sedanca de ville style being typical''.

Must ditch the Alfa for something more upmarket!

Cheery pip.

Edited by Rugd1022
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Just looked at page 45 in the nearest book (belonging to The Boss:)

He pulls a face. "I'm anyone's for a piece of cake." Then he lets out a sigh.

Could definitely be talking about me!  :yes:

I got:

'Always look well ahead to identify changes in the road surface, and adjust the strength of your braking, acceleration and steering to retain adequate road holding.'

• Like 10

Ahh UK radio. Utter crap. Now I'm not saying the noisy asshats on Canadian and US radio are any better but they actually play a lot more music per hour than here and manage to actually talk about the music not their own lives.  If I'm out and about driving I want music, traffic, news, and little else. I really don't give a flying phuque what the ginger tw@ (many other annoying "personalities" available) had for dinner last night, or have them laughing at each other's inside "jokes". Yawn.  We rarely listen to radio anymore with the exception of Radionomy streams. 

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

I got:

'Always look well ahead to identify changes in the road surface, and adjust the strength of your braking, acceleration and steering to retain adequate road holding.'

What No mention of muddy hollows. Quelle Horreur.

three days in March 1909 and similarly in May,. The Pentewan Railway, MJT Lewis

There's a theme emerging here on ER's we must have some sort of group interest in railways. Don't tell Debs.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 1

Smooth radio is one to miss. I think they only have 24 records and those must all be recorded on a loop played nightly. Maybe the dj sits at home, interjecting occasionally when he knows there is a gap on the tape.

One day we'll find out when the tape breaks.

Used to like Emperor Rosco.

In the 70's Tony Blackburn used to bang on every blooming day about how his wife had gone off with his little boy. Still can't stand the pratt.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

If you saw the ginger headed one on the news yesterday, you'll have seen he's now just faintly yellow as age catches up with him..

If Sarah Cox gets the job I won't be listening, if you think the Evens gets Childish , wait till. You hear the Cox going on About holibobs.

Meantime my sails haven't arrived, and the tracking disappeared from Ebay, after showing "driver has not scanned" for several days, then "oops there has been a problem" this morning. After wandering around Ebay just now, I found the Hermes Tracking number, put that in on their site, to find they only picked it up from the sellers nearest parcel depot at 17:05 last night...

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Checked myself out on the 'How old is your heart' websight. Got quite a shock as according to the website my heart is 78! However it turns out that if you cannot quote things such as cholesterol or BG it assumes the worst. I used to have regular check ups when I was working and those two figures were very low resulting in a 'heart age' as much as 8 years below my actual age.

• Like 4

Morning All

I am in full agreement with Mal about Chris Evans - his show is just a mouth driven bore - how he commands the listener figures that he is alleged to do  is quite incredible - perhaps he appeals to a slightly younger audience - about the six to ten age group.  He has said that he doesn't know who will replace him, but Sara Cox is 2/1 on favourite.

Rest assured I will not be tuning in to Virgin Radio for the sake of that t**t. He often comes across as a bit like the famed Oozlum Bird with his eyes staring out through his teeth, I suspect.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

Today shopping trip went without a hitch, in fact I was only out about 50 minutes all told. So once I’d packed away the shopping I made myself a muggertea and had a quick read of the latest MERG magazine. Then it was outside to carry on working on the patio. I’m at the point where I can order my first delivery of mortar, but that will probably be next week. After dinner I spent about 30 minutes at the front, removing the odd weed or two and generally giving it a bit of a tidy up.

On page 45 of the book to my left, there were no words (or pictures) was just numbers and blank spaces ................it’s a sudoku book!

I wonder if the blanks are anything to do with me firing them!

As for radio, we listen to Classic FM in the house, in the workshop I listen to my iPod, set to random so I never know what’s coming next, rock, folk, pop, classical.

Goodnight folks.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Work has been worked.

Tests have been tested.

Reports have been reported.

MR club has been clubbed.

Golf will be golfed tomorrow.

Other things beckon beyond the hump.......

Have a good one folks.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 19

• RMweb Premium

The page in the nearest book has no sentences. Top line of p. 45

0-6-0T J72 | 8717 2310 | 0-6-0T J52 | 8795 4058 | 8834 4235

It's the abc LNER locomotives 1947 renumbering edition.

No opinions offered on BBC radio types; if they haven't appeared on Just a Minute we don't know them.  We stopped listening to CBC radio some years ago. The music after noon changes to some sort of pop and the morning announcer talks more about herself than the music. We have a number of wi-fi/internet radios and have chosen some reliable PBS stations.

• Like 17

OK, I'll play along.

pp 44 // 45

Down come // the cardinal's hunting scenes, the scenes of secular pleasure: the sportive peasants splashing in ponds, the stags at bay, the hounds in cry, the spaniels held on leashes of silk and the mastiffs with their collars of spikes: the huntsmen with their studded belts and knives, the ladies on horseback with jaunty caps, the rush-fringed pond, the mild sheep at pasture, and the bluish feathered treetops, running away into a long plumed distance, to a scene of chalky bluffs and a white sailing sky.

Sounds like fun. Though the only remotely relevant metaphor might be "a scene of chalky bluffs" and even that would either require two mirrors or a degree of contortion of which I am quite incapable.

• Like 16