The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Guest Max Stafford

Dd, I'll stick up some photos of the crane on my blog tonight or tomorrow, but I'm pleased with the end result.

Stewart, I feel your pain - not the first time I've been stitched up by a roster change! :rolleyes:

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Well, I'm not sure if I'll have the time to post tomorrow morning as I'll be leaving early. So – see you all some time on Saturday, and thank you again for all your kind words.

Take care. I know you are going by train, will you be driving back with the people you lent your car to?

Tony

The world has turnd upside down!

My bedroom faces East.

I woke this morning to a very dark, almost black, Eastern horizon.

Went through to the bathroom, passing the lounge, which faces West and behold

light on the Western horizon.

The Sun is rising in the West?

Overcast and threatening rain.

24 forecast.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Rather dull outside here. It isn't raining unlike yesterday when I had some tidying to do in the garden. Today is tidying up day as my brother is arriving later to stay for the weekend. My wife also wants me to make kulfi (an Indian ice cream).

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Tony, Heidi's family live in my backyard.......

Best, Pete.

Now she is famous, getting a cuddly toy made etc I suppose all her relatives will be ready to sell their stories about her childhood in the US!

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Just got back from the trauma clinic where the news was mixed - the good, the repair is apparently holding, and there is a strong chance that my fracture will heal up over the next six months. The not so good is that this type of repair often results in a slight shortening of the affected leg (80% chance apparently) and I am NOT in the lucky 20% so I need a heel lift in my shoe, then once the repair is fully set, they will take the scaffolding plates out, which will let the leg relax back into the correct position and length.

Other than that, just smarting at having to cancel what had promised to be a grand day out.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

Stewart,

I've spent the last thirty years with one leg 1" shorter than the other -it's not so bad. Could have been better I agree......

Best, Pete.

Good job we don't play guitars with our feet, then. :lol: