The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Strange sight in sunny Teignmouth yesterday was a guy in full length hi vis yellow gear with Thameslink across the back of the jacket.

Are NR going for the tunelling idea to avoid the sea wall? And if so are they tunelling from London!

• Like 10

Is it just me or is the site running very slowly at the moment?

It's been slower ever since I started using Win10 in the office.

Think it's something to do with the automatic update / refresh that happens every time you go back a page. The actual site is unaffected.

Another lovely day here at 20C, but easily manageable compared with darnsarf/doonsooth. Expecting some showers later in the week with temps 2 or 3 degrees lower.

Getting rid of more stuff today, loads of dvds for sale next month; hope someone still wants some of them!

GrandadBob, you could always go for a beautiful Caley 812 for your next pre-order.

Enjoy your hols, Ian.

Have a good day everyone

Mal

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Strange sight in sunny Teignmouth yesterday was a guy in full length hi vis yellow gear with Thameslink across the back of the jacket.

Are NR going for the tunelling idea to avoid the sea wall? And if so are they tunelling from London!

I thought all track side high visibility clothing had to be orange?

• RMweb Gold

Just had confirmation that my Dynamometer car has been dispatched. This is the last of my pre-orders so there is nothing else to look forward to.  :cry:

This is as you all know is a very serious situation indeed so something must be done about it.  :onthequiet:

There is one glimmer of hope on the horizon as we're going to the Swindon show in September and The Boss has already hinted that she might consider buying me something there as she has done for the past 3 years.  :yes:  :imsohappy:

I have some NRM L/E wagons up for grabs & Modelzone L/E's opens & tankers.

• Like 6

Good luck with your new venture Andy I've popped your site into favorites, will you be stocking 009 gauge stuff ?.

Regards Bob

Hi Bob. Yes I will be. The Peco rep is coming over later this week. I am planning a small 009 layout for the window too.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

I thought all track side high visibility clothing had to be orange?

Not quite trackside, but there are quite a few station staff with pink/purple hi viz nowadays.

EMT staff down the MML seems to spring to mind.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

First off, well done, Andy on getting the new venture up and running, and the sincerest best wishes that it is a success - God knows, you could do with some better luck. 

Generic greetings are, as usual, on offer to everybody else.

Not a lot to report here at the mo - back tomorrow.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 16

All the talk of Yodel reminds me that whenever they come down our narrow lane, you would think that they are in a Grand Prix. If young kids stepped out into the lane, they would have no chance.

Weather here has been pretty carp today. I went into Whitehaven this morning to meet 2 MRC club members about a possible change to our club bank account. I got soaked getting to the bank, then discovered I was in the wrong branch, so rushed to Cleator Moor, 3 miles away, to find that the potential new account was a complete non-starter. A wasted morning, further wasted by the non appearance of Mrs G’s new passport, which we were expecting today and also the non appearance of United Utilities who should have been here to reinstate the concrete from our complete fiasco of a job.

Best of luck with your new venture Andy. Will you be taking a stand to any shows in the future?

Yes I hope so. I am booked to attend a European show in Birmingham on 29th September, selling scenic items. On 6th October I am attending a show in Sheffield with my Skaleby West layout. The layout is currently on display in the shop and should be operational by the end of the week.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Yes I hope so. I am booked to attend a European show in Birmingham on 29th September, selling scenic items. On 6th October I am attending a show in Sheffield with my Skaleby West layout. The layout is currently on display in the shop and should be operational by the end of the week.

Keep your eye peeled for JTT scenics their trees are the dogs the guy who had the concession chucked it in so tread lightly. 

• RMweb Gold

post-12576-0-17441300-1533579258_thumb.png   A2B Shop 

Andy will add his own but, hopefully he will not mind this one from his A2B Newsletter being added.  Peter

Edit; Memory problem of location ... I think Matlock Bath

Edited by PeterBB
  • Like 13

Evenin' all, standard greetings all round, hope the heat isn't getting to anyone unduly,

Tomorrow's Daventry International Railfreight Emporium shunt turn will be brought to you by an early start, at least two cuppa's before anything shuntworthy occurs, another cuppa, a book about The Yardbirds between shunts and tail lamp with a dodgy battery pilfered from a passing train - probably  ;)

Keep 'em peeled...

post-7638-0-92454500-1533579948.jpg

Edited by Rugd1022
  • Like 16