The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

Well I’ve not done a great deal today, once I’d done the front door furniture, I decamped to the cellar and spent the rest of the day playing on the computer with both my old and new phones. I’ve been able to save and transfer photos from both to and from the computer. So once I was happy with the process I transferred a few that I wanted from the computer to my phone. Once I’d finished doing that it was time for a muggertea and a bit of eyelid inspection. Once the inspection was completed successfully I placed a couple of orders, one for myself and one for Sheila, hopefully they should arrive sometime during the week.

Once again, the evening was rounded off with a nice bottle of red.

Goodnight all

• Like 16

Congrats to GDB for attending maths class the day they did wheel counting.

Took the missus to The Anchor at Cockwood harbour today for a birthday lunch, afterwards we had a few glasses of wine at the Ship Inn at Cockwood. Both of these pubs I have been meaning to go to for nearly 40 years. Although they are only 150 metres apart and of similar vintage, the Ship being 150 metres away from the small harbour feels like it is in the country. The Anchor is the pub visible from the GWR main line along the Exe.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

So GDB wins the prize:

Goldfish in a plastic bag, coconut or cuddly toy?

Up rather earlier than of late and certainly earlier than planned due to a bad night's sleep because of the heat.. I will probably be too hot all day according to the forecast.

I watched the two Challenge Cup semi-finals and enjoyed them although both were a bit one-sided. One result was a bit of a surprise but I think the final in three weeks will be well worth watching.

I've got some paperwork to do and a letter to post followed by a bit of shopping. After that I may play with some small electrically powered items. I believe that a small parcel will be dispatched today from Sheffield as a balance payment has been taken so that's something else to look forward to.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Good moaning to all from a sunny Charente. Another scorcher yesterday, high of 36 we think however if you look at my layout thread you will see that certain things did make progress. In the morning, we duly went to two car boots in nearby towns. I picked up a tripod mounted laser level for 35 Euros which I think was excellent. I can now use it to check the track levels on an object I can't talk about. A few books were bought as well.

Today I'm planning to install some new sockets in the shed so that Beth can have power and light at the desk where she plans to do art and craft. This may earn some brownie points. Apart from that I may well do some low voltage wiring afterwards. Then it will be time to keep cool.

The silence from Debs is getting worrying. it would be nice to hear some news.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

A reasonable amount of sleep last night.

Yesterdays trip to the car boot , was enlivend by lots of tourists on bicycles, seemingly surprised that cars wish to use the roads..

There were more grockles down the beach when we took Ben the Border Collie yesterday, than I have ever seen before and that was around 17:00!!

Well, as you can see, Down in the lab at least the keyboard is working, However my lab A/C isn't, so half the gear in here is turned off to keep it within temperature. The major bit I will need is the oil bath, if I turn that on in here the A/c will fail. So I'm reordering the cal so that test I need it for will be Wednesday when it will be cooler outside and it may work...

I've heard the outside lab Boys came in last Monday to find it at 37C at 06:00 !! so they reset the system, and had to turn almost all of the equipments off. They didn't get everything running again till mid day Tuesday, then the A/C men came in Friday to do a proper fix. So they lost 2.5 days production during the week..

The houses  alongside the cremated Swan, have had their walls rebuilt to the eves and the initial two A frames for the roof installed. By the looks of it they are rebuilding them in situ.

The Road the factory is on has been tarred and gravelled from end to end and the side roads over the weekend., Lots of loose gravel everywhere. Hmm forecast today 30C +,  heavy lorries turning in and out along the estate, I'm expecting a lot of the work to be ruined...

It's no good, everytime I hear Ride of the Valkeries by Wagner (on classic FM at the moment), I see in my head, the Wabbit being chased by Elmer Fud,

Time too... take another measurement.

PS just deleted the 14 company emails sent to me while I was away, how many were of any relevance to me 0, how many were even on the same continent as me 2..

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 4

It's no good, everytime I hear Ride of the Valkeries by Wagner (on classic FM at the moment), I see in my head, the Wabbit being chased by Elmer Fud,

I thought that only happened to me. 

kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit............

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

It's no good, everytime I hear Ride of the Valkeries by Wagner (on classic FM at the moment), I see in my head, the Wabbit being chased by Elmer Fud

I thought that only happened to me.

kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit............

No, it happens to both Sheila and I every time we here it!

Edited by BSW01
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

It seems I wasn’t the only one who had a bad nights sleep last night, I don’t know why, but I woke up repeatedly throughout the night!

It seems to be a little cooler today, which may make work in the garden a little more comfortable, but I will only be gardening until dinner time. Once dinner has been eaten I’ll spend the afternoon in the workshop.

Back later

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Warm here.

When we got home last night I went round to the neighbours to collect a parcel that had been left with them. Aditi wondered,why I had been so long but they invited me in to see their new puppy.

Ride of the Valkyries reminds me of junior school as it was the music played as we entered for assemblies on Friday mornings.

Not a lot happening today.

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 18

• RMweb Premium

The commute was painless. There were many vehicles and men with flashing yellow lights and traffic signs/cones at the ready, as I passed the site of what will become a new roundabout.

Let's see what the trip home brings.

Have a good week folks.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Morning All

Another sticky day here in Hampshire can't wait for tomorrows lunch date 60 miles away I've decided

to miss out shopping at Gaugemaster on the journey into Sussex mainly for their top prices on everything

and return home early enough to make it to Alton for purchases mainly NG track I've work it out that I

can get 10 yards of track on a 4'x2' board, plus I need other bits and pieces like fish plates and a Styrofoam cutter.

No chores today so the garage beckons to continue doing scenery work.

:superman: I'm off  Liffo Riley   :smoke:

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Unlike many I slept like a log last night, but I still feel like going back to bed. Got to get in touch with the insurance about fixing the chipped windscreen this morning, hopefully its just an 'invisible repair required. Muggatee awaits so its be back later.

As an aside to the hilarity of PaulRhB's "DHL Donkey" thread, I've just had a message that the new CX battery is being delivered today by......Yodel.  :O

If there is any positive view to be drawn from this, it's that I don't have a front wall, hedge or railings that they could lob it over.

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

As an aside to the hilarity of PaulRhB's "DHL Donkey" thread, I've just had a message that the new CX battery is being delivered today by......Yodel.  :O

If there is any positive view to be drawn from this, it's that I don't have a front wall, hedge or railings that they could lob it over.

I was in the doctors surgery last week and the Yodel idiot tried to deliver Virgin Active stuff there he looked total plonker with no brain

and the thought of him driving a van did leave me wondering.

Edited by 81C
  • Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Just had confirmation that my Dynamometer car has been dispatched. This is the last of my pre-orders so there is nothing else to look forward to.  :cry:

This is as you all know is a very serious situation indeed so something must be done about it.  :onthequiet: 

There is one glimmer of hope on the horizon as we're going to the Swindon show in September and The Boss has already hinted that she might consider buying me something there as she has done for the past 3 years.  :yes:  :imsohappy:

• Like 16

I was in the doctors surgery last week and the Yodel idiot tried to deliver Virgin Active stuff there he looked total plonkers with no brain

and the thought of him driving a van did leave me wondering.

Sounds like the "kwalitee" gene pool that Yodel is forever condemned to recruit from.

I wonder what Yodel end up indirectly spending on insurance claims each year?