The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Up a bit late this morning as a longer soak in the bath and nodding off wilst 'air drying' and I'm all behind. Just had a quick look in Facebook where a Canadian friend has just posted a pic of the weather in northern Alberta, SNOW! and quite heavy as well. Mind you it looked rather wet and slushy so hopefully it didn't stay for too long. Not much else to report so be back later.

• Like 16

Morning all

Neil NHN, hope you're feeling a bit less CBA today.

Gavin, hope those brakes don't let you down again.

Brian (BSW1), you must be keeping your tip going. Just how much stuff have you got to take there?

The town's looking good just now, like a flowerbud just about to burst, which it will this weekend. Seeing Matt Forde next Monday which should be good - well it is 2for1 tickets day, and taking my mum to see Maureen Lipman next Wednesday. Don't worry, in a fortnight we'll be moaning at how crowded the place is and longing for August Bank Holiday (the late one) when it's all over for another year. Or until the Christmas market opens in November when Edinburgh becomes Hogmanay city.

Overcast today; waiting for a removals person to come and give us an estimate after lunch. Nothing sold or bought yet. House isn't even on the market but will be mid-Sept, hopefully.

Hope your Thursdays are good

Mal

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

This morning I will start fitting a permanent fly screen to our bedroom so that should keep me out of mischief. No doubt other things will be done.

I have a vision:

Beth tucked up in bed somewhat smirking.

Jamie outside on the window sill trying to get into the boudoir without much success.

No mischief for you tonight Romeo!

• Like 1

'ello.

BIN day with me 1,200 miles away, I'm sure the Mrs will manage :jester:

Nothing to report again <sigh> <yawn>

I DID already, yesterday afternoon, get a notification from Delta that severe weather is probably going to affect flights out of JFK, including my flight FRIDAY! Suggestion to make other plans, free change of ticket apparently, however they don't take into account business travelers who would then need to tell clients they are buqqering off early (as much as a day!!), most would take a dim view of being charged the expenses and not getting them amortized over the "expected days" on site :O . I guess I'll plan on a late return again to home :scared:

Already a steamy 25 and partly sunny driving in, expecting high around 30 with high humidity and developing thunderstorms later in the day!

Enjoy the day...

Edited by Ian Abel
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Greetings from The Hundred of Mansbridge, which is warming up nicely.

A minor catastrophe on Monday; the builder was smoothing off the plaster repair he did last week, low down in the corner of the living room, when he accidentally knocked the shelf the TV was on, resulting in it falling onto him, rapidly followed by the Sky box, Video/DVD recorder and the Wii console, all dragged down by their cables. Fortunately no damage was done to the builder or the equipment, but it all had to be disconnected and unravelled before going back. I took the opportunity to remove all the bits and pieces that had ended up on the same shelves so the alcove is now tidy and the cabling better organised.

The charging socket on my mobile phone appears to be FUBAR so I'll need a new phone. The last one lasted nine years, not bad for £2.40 (basic phone, calls only, no frills).

Time for lunch; pizza in oven, hopefully the odour will rise and prompt movement from the nocturnal one.

Have a good day.

Pete

• Like 19

Today has been rather hectic, but with at least one good outcome.

My consultant gave me the results of the CT scan I had a month ago following my last chemo session.  There is now no obvious remaining lymphoma, so I am now officially in remission.  I had expected this, but it is still a massive

Great to hear this news, Simon. Must be quite a weight off your mind.

And the water pipe news is encouraging, I think. Hope it ends tmrw.

Mal

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon from Estuary-Land. Simon, glad to see that UU have done the thing that they should have done in the first place and installed a new pipe. I had new pipes installed a few years ago, no ifs, no buts just new pipes installed with a mole drill. There was a bit of keyhole surgery under the patio, they only removed two or three pavior bricks to install the connection into the house.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Evening All

As usual, generic greetings, but with a special mention for Simon - two pieces of good news on one day can't be bad.

Went to the annual art exhibition at Milnthorpe this morning, but didn't come away with any masterpieces.  Got home, to have the G word uttered, and spent a couple of hours tidying up the area between the drive and the main back garden, which did need some attention, with many weeds to be rooted out, and also quite a bit of pruning.  Fodder run tomorrow, as usual for a Friday.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Simon - two pieces of good news on one day can't be bad.

Correct. Two pieces of good news is good.

Two positives make a positive

Two negatives make a positive

Negative and positive together makes a loud (and sometimes expensive / fatal) bang!!

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

The other involves a club official who managed to head butt his own boat trailer, needless to say the trailer won. A large gash on his head is evident, a nurse at the club has patched him up and recommended a trip to A and E His son is about to cart him off.

I didn't know that GDB had taken up boating.

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

Evening to most...

cricket umpired.. sometimes coaches need to shut up... poor field placings by him lead to a heavy defeat....nuff said!

Simon..happy memories of Orlando.. 3 months working there to return later with the Herberts and her indoors...that was in 2000..Must go back but we liked going i Jan/Feb when it id less humid and a bit cooler.

Sleep well all..

Baz

• Like 17