The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning all,

Useless Utilities have struck again! Today we were expecting a team to arrive to have another go at locating our leaking water supply pipe. Lo and behold, at 8.45 a truck arrives and two guys get out. The trouble is these guys have come to fill In the existing holes, not investigate the pipe. I explain that the leak still hasn’t been sorted, but they insist that because the hole has been there for so long, they have been told that it must be filled in. I am letting them get on with it, knowing that there is every chance that another adjacent hole may have to be dug later today.

More updates as things develop (hopefully!).

I am feeling totally inadequate after reading posts of recent days. I haven't got an AVO meter nor do I know what it looks like.

At my age should I try and get one?

I haven't got a Vometer either, but since I rarely throw up I doubt I need one.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Bright and sunny (+hot later) and we're off to the chiropractor in an hour or less to see if he can effect any improvement on herself's leg.  Fingers crossed and hoping that I might not be going to sea alone.  Meanwhile as 81C Bob has posted the amusement continues in a certain trade area of the forum, weird.

Have a good day one and all.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Morning Peeps 

That certain trade area Mike mentioned is interesting reading at the moment see for yourselves.

Up late again another day with a muzzy head I must have a virus or it's these bloody pills Mrs Duck

gave me last week, is any one taking or have taken SPIRONOLACTONE a diuretic I'd be interested 

in hearing from you via a PM.

Her has ordered that the garage area when we stand all the BBQ food at parties is to be cleared and cleaned 

there is a kitchen work top above the beer fridge and overflow freezer along with the wine rack  and various shelves

a bit like a mini bar/kitchen

The whole of the garage is a bit of a mess with garden debris and other junk of hers so all that will go in the wheelie

bins the layout will be dusted down and some trains run.

enjoy your day Ouse Maid

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Woke up at 6 this morning and must have caught the storm that GDB mentioned, thunder lightening and a heavy downpour, now there is bright sunshine. Weather is predicted to warm up again and the really hot weather will be back by the weekend, in this part of the world anyway. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

After overnight and early morning rain it is now very pleasant here.

Never ever drive a black / dark car if you don't want heat retention in summer.

My car is black. As they export a lot to sunnier climes I suspect that is why it has an impressive climate control system. I did think the car got a bit warm standing in the sun and then I found the button for the sunshade in the roof. The roof has a large but non-opening glass area.

Just off to Basildon. More document signing.

Tony

• Like 17

...My car is black. As they export a lot to sunnier climes I suspect that is why it has an impressive climate control system. I did think the car got a bit warm standing in the sun and then I found the button for the sunshade in the roof. The roof has a large but non-opening glass area.

We ran a black 1993 VW Vento for a few years. That had a glass sunroof and light grey interior, so the body colour absorbed the heat, and the grey sort of reflected it all around inside. Very very uncomfortable in summer - you had to wait a while with the doors and roof all open before it was cool enough to get in.

• Like 10

This is why, for reasons of health and safety, everything in Scotland is deep-fried.

Try Florida where the all you can eat buffet breakfast included such delights as deep fried battered pork chop, fried battered bacon, fried potatoes, fried chittlins (tasty) fried battered banana, pineapple and mango and a chocolate fountain!

Think the diets gone tilt.....

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Well the chiropractor duly did some careful work on Mrs Stationmaster's knee are - after first consulting a textbook about the exact arrangement of certain muscles etc.  We subsequently visited Tesco where she managed quite well with the aid of the trolley, in fact I did consider pinching it for use as a walker/luggage carrier tomorrow if she decides to venture eastwards.  So fingers firmly crossed now that she will be able to make it because as the chiropractor said a few days at sea will do her good (provided it's not rough - it won't be).  And as I added if there were any serious problems with the knee she'd at least get a helicopter ride to hospital, and I bet they are a lot less bumpy than an ambulance.

• Like 1

Afternoon all,

Well last night's 6V25 tripper from Bescot to Hinksey was apparently stolen by a Reading man and I was whisked off in a taxi to Kings Langley Loop to take 8Z95 with a skated wagon down to Watford Yard instead! It's all go you know.

Tune in next week when 7X25 disappears into the ether and the Monty Python team scale the north face of Bescot Down Goods Loop....  :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 14

swiftly sidestepping the posts about deep-frying everything

Obviously, I exaggerate for comic effect. That being said, I was once in the Belmont Fish Bar in Aberdeen and ordered their speciality cheeseburger: two patties sandwiching a thick slice of cheese and the whole lot deep-fried before being put in a bun.

Food. Of. The. Gods.

• Like 10

I was once in the Belmont Fish Bar in Aberdeen and ordered their speciality cheeseburger: two patties sandwiching a thick slice of cheese and the whole lot deep-fried before being put in a bun.

Mmm, that or a chip Naan?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Yo Peeps 

I hit the garage running and was going great guns till Her came back from wherever

and started to get in my way I gave up threw everything on the floor and retreated to 

the mancave then innocently Her said what's wrong with you. :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

I will recommence when she buqqers off down the garden and falls asleep in the 

mean time I'll do a bit of shopping.  

I.M Peedoff

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All,

The deep froed mars bar/creme egg etc did start as a joke, as far as I know, and I believe that it was done in Aberdeen first (Gavin might verify that or deny it?), but it sort of caught on.  Two things which was well established, though, were deep fried pizza (think rubberised cheese and you're part way there) and deep fried Scotch pies.  Not for the faint hearted.

Generic greetings are, as usual on offer, but Chrisf have a good time at Sidmouth - it's over 40 years since I visited that festival, and to show my age, some of the headliners were folk like Rosie Hardman and Bob Axford. 

Not a great deal else to say here at the mo, so back tomorrow.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon greetings from a dental waiting room.

Chrisf I wish you a relaxed and enjoyable visit to Sidmouth. It’s been a long time .....

Deep fried Mars bars are perfectly acceptable here thanks, as are deep frozen ones though perhaps not until the imminent treatment has occurred. If you can batter and deep fry it I shall probably enjoy it. Squid and octopus excepted.

Warm sun has returned today and with it an outbreak of legs. Some of them quite easy on the eye, some less so.

My number is up. I am summone to the chair. See you several hundred £££ later.

ordered their speciality cheeseburger: two patties sandwiching a thick slice of cheese and the whole lot deep-fried before being put in a bun.

Food. Of. The. Gods.

And Elvis, too.

There's a chippie near here that will deep-fry anything you want. Was the bun not fried, too?

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Obviously, I exaggerate for comic effect. That being said, I was once in the Belmont Fish Bar in Aberdeen and ordered their speciality cheeseburger: two patties sandwiching a thick slice of cheese and the whole lot deep-fried before being put in a bun.

Food. Of. The. Gods.

Too many of those and you'll soon be joining the Gods.

• Like 2