The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning all. Sorry to read you're having a tough time of it Dom. Sadly you just have to roll with it as the world goes on around you. I guess that's one of the things I have learned when I've had to face the loss of loved ones. It was as though I was in a parallel universe and watching people from my own world. Try and keep positive..

My knee surgey has been cancelled. They are concerned about me taking so many pain killers already and their impact on the analgesic calculations. Makes sense to me....

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Vacation day for me today but nothing very exciting. I have to show my face at two public inquiries into planning applications in the town. Both affect me so I have to do my bit as a nimby.

By that logic then Gordon you will have to spend 6 weeks in agony before they will do something about either your knees or your back! How does that work then? Hope they sort it.

Cheers

Dave

Gordon. Its going to be a pain literally, but far better than the alternatives if they screw up the anaesthetic / analgesic. Been there done that. Both my ankle surgeries ended with the analgesic wearing off far too early. I also woke mid way through my appendectomy. Not pleasant.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Clear blue sky and sunny here. I've been busy tidying up downstairs. I mentioned to my wife that the bank manager was coming for a chat today and I was told to tidy up. I assume she meant the lounge and not my appearance!

Dave, I've never been a Nimby but last year I was a Nimfy, as it appeared that our road was due to become the designated parking for a development at a local school.

Gordon, It is a pity they can't do all the operations in one go. Matthew was a caesarian birth but Aditi didn't want a general anaesthetic. The calculation for that choice was affected by her height, they thought she was too short for an epidural anaesthetic.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

There will be another one leaving the Mid-Atlantic coast on Thursday too..........................

Best, Pete.

Cheers Pete

We're gettting a bit fed up with North America's second hand weather.

Morning All

Not so windy today, thank goodness, I'm stuck at work now until late PM and may not manage to get on when I get home, as I've a lot to do tonight, unfortunately.

Regards to All

Stewart

Hi, Stewart, trust you are feeling well......

Well, second hand is better than first hand - officially we have had 68" of snow in total so far this year................Some parts of Connecticut have received over 80"!!!!!!

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

That's interesting, Tony. My Wife had an epidural over here in the 'States yet she is just 4' 11" (she says she is 5') - no one mentioned small mass (she is petite too).

Best, Pete.

It was mentioned as a problem but once the anaesthetist had had a good prod at her back he decided her spine was fine. My wife too claims to be 5 foot but probably is a bit shorter. Her sister is 4' 10". Aditi was thirty-nine when Matthew was born and her medical notes described her as elderly and of short stature, though one of the consultants said he thought she was quite tall, he was the same height!

Tony

• RMweb Gold

That's right, Tony - we can always see about turning it off....................

You been to Niagara? The falls virtually disappear in the middle of the night.

Best, Pete.

We didn't see Niagara on our US trip but I'm sure we will one day, I'll make sure to go in the daytime! I went to Ireland years ago with a colleague and she wanted to see some famous waterfall. It had been turned off as it was a weekday.

Afternoon all. Didn't post this morning due to sleeping in...

I've been looking at more model railway stuff recently than overthe past year, so I'm hoping my modelling mojo is startin to return.

Dominik - hope things pick up for your girlfriend's grandmother.

Evening All,

We had a lovely afternoon here - blue sky, and warm (for the time of year!)

I took advantage of the weather and went out for a bike ride. I'm glad I did - I even managed to snap a picture of the sunset on my phone. Not the best of quality, but I didn't have my camera with me, unfortunately. I really must get into the habit of always taking it with me.

Image0019.jpg

I'm just trying to get myself sorted out for a trip tomorrow. I'm off on a quick overnighter to Rome. I am aiming to travel light - but there are some things that you can't manage without!

• RMweb Gold

I am very saddened to hear that Dominik sad.gif

My condolences and thoughts go out to you, your girlfriend and your girlfriends family at this time.

The best thing you can do now is support your girlfriend and her family and it looks as though you are doing this already.

Had she been ill for a while or was it rather sudden?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks, Jam and Robert. It was a rather sudden occurrence, as it would seem she had collapsed while making purchases in town yesterday. The funeral will be on Friday, so that'll see me in the Saarland. I'll go and get a train ticket tomorrow.

Guest Max Stafford

It's chucking down again this morning - urgh!

I wonder if we can reconnect to the Russian weather supplier...! :D

Dave.

Morning All,

It is rather too early at the moment :blink:

I'm not sure what the Internet situation is like where I am going, so may not be on tomorrow.

Therefore, safe trip down to Saarland Dominik, and have a good day everyone...

Partly cloudy. 31.

30% chance of showers tomorrow.

Not happy reading in ERs today.

Sorry to hear your news Dom. My condolences!

Bad news about the op Gordon. Where does that leave you now.

I's the abesnce of alcocol in your diet that worries me.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Slight frost outside, but the sky is clear and the sun is coming up. Thank you all for your kind words, it's much appreciated – and it is strange how the sadness appears to come and go like waves.

Have a good day everyone...