The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Well done Mick & Niece!  Or was it just the Niece..... :jester:

Scorchio here again too, we went down south and had a few hours out in the kayak, great fun.  It wasn't too hot out on the water, but it is now in the garden washing the salt out of everything!

Must try to drag some photos out of the waterproof camera.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

I haven’t been doing too much today, certainly nothing to do with boats or sport. I don’t think weeding the patio counts, it didn’t take long.

I think going to the Basildon exhibition was a good thing yesterday. I did look for some coaches and did not see what I wanted so I have ordered some. The layout is pretty much as it was a few months ago apart from stuff dumped on it when I was looking for non-modelling stuff recently.

We are going to see MiL and Aditi’s cousin and her daughter tomorrow. Aditi is making a Victoria sponge for afternoon tea. I did offer to make it so they wouldn’t ask again! The cousin won’t eat it as she only eats potato on Mondays. I am not sure how a South American tuber has a role in Ayurvedic diet so I shan’t comment.

I watched about 5 minutes of the motor racing and then switched to the T20 cricket.

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Lummy...what a day. Set off early to avoid car congestion in Leeds due to attendees on a 10K race for life.

Hope they could run better than they can drive! M621 crash barrier installation completed,elves and pixies returned to Barrow to complete Astute Class number 5.

Trip to luger baruga uneventful. The 10 women of luger baruga won ..despite the best effortsof a young Lutterworth team.

Trip home had more drongoids and eediots on the M1 than I have seen for many a long day...question..does the big Kia SUV have an accelerator pedal linked to the engine with something stronger than a piece of stretch elastic?? And can it travel any where other than the ourside lane?

Hettie the civic managed 49.9 mpg..her best yet!

Off early tomorrow as it is opening day at the Great Yorkshire Show ..and my shortest route goes past it..plan b now in place....

Baz

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Show over for another year, quite successful by all accounts, my department, the club sales stand certainly was. Fortunately it was a bit cooler today compared to yesterday. My friends young son tried the shunting puzzle for the first time and managed it quite well. I didn't have much chance to dispose of a lot of modelling tokens but I did find some unusual items including an American wooden bridge kit.

• Like 14

It was pretty hot again here as well as everywhere else. I spent most of the day trimming the hedges, so despite having plenty of rest and fluids, I was knackered when I had finished. Any sane person would have done it over a couple of days, but having started, I just wanted to finish them.

Tomorrow’s tasks are to pick gooseberries for Mrs G to make chutney with, then a load of weeding. The garden work is never done!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It was pretty hot again here as well as everywhere else. I spent most of the day trimming the hedges, so despite having plenty of rest and fluids, I was knackered when I had finished. Any sane person would have done it over a couple of days, but having started, I just wanted to finish them.

Tomorrow’s tasks are to pick gooseberries for Mrs G to make chutney with, then a load of weeding. The garden work is never done!

We only have four gooseberry bushes but they have had a huge crop this year. Ours have been frozen and will supply us with the fruit for gooseberry crumble for quite a while. I prefer rhubarb crumble and fortunately the rhubarb is doing well too.
  • Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

Well we all had a great time at Charlie’ Birthday bash, the food was very good and I fear I ate too much. We finally got home around 5:00, made ourselves a hot drink and once that was consumed did a spot of eyelid inspection. After that not a lot was done, it was far too hot. If it’s like this tomorrow, which it is predicted to be, I will enjoy my swim tomorrow evening.

Goodnight all

Edited by BSW01
  • Like 16

The last alcohack has been ridden. My riding partner moves to somewhere in Carmarthenshire late next week, taking her husband and her horses with her....

post-6879-0-05955300-1531091597_thumb.jpg

post-6879-0-06844400-1531091236_thumb.jpg

Finn McCool seems to like the taste of draught Estrella Damm beer. 

I think I might* have had a little too much to drink, but it's only really hitting me now.

• Like 9

It was down to 49F last night, 89F for a high today, but it's back down to 83F already. As soon as the Sun goes down it cools quite rapidly. That's why we can get away with not having any AC in the house. I came to hate air-conditioning while living in Arizona, New Jersey and California. Arizona was probably the worst. If the AC packed in you were in a motel PDQ :)

• RMweb Premium

Stocking the motor home for our month outside the country. Today went back to being hot. Found the indoor/outdoor thermometer in the mh; can't find the outside sensor butit must be there as it's registering!

After fuelling, we found an outside mirror cracked; not sure why, but I covered it with packing tape. This was the convex mirror that can see the passenger side road.

Guelph Concert Band tonight. Rousing, played lots of themed pieces like movie music.

If you don't hear from me for a month it'll be because I wrote down the wrong password.

• Like 18

“Oh Monday, Monday, how could you leave and not take me”

Good morning one and all

There was room for improvement yesterday as well.  There was heat and humidity and I saw the need neither to wear a shirt nor to leave the house.  There was laundry, and today there will be ironing.  There was rump steak which I cooked and ate with little enthusiasm, and there was an e-conversation with Harry which cheered me up no end.  He was probably glad of an excuse to delay his trip to the gym, for of late he has not attended as diligently as he might.

The plans for Saturday which I mentioned yesterday have progressed.  The best way to describe what I have decided to do is seeing how the other half live, or perhaps a lesser proportion.  For me it’s a sort of bucket list thing.   I have prepared for it as much as I can but on the day there is likely to be much that I do not understand.  It is good to step outside ones comfort zone sometimes.

A little less mysterious is what else is due to occur this week.  Tomorrow I visit Poorly Pal and hope to get some m*d*ll*ng done.  In the evening I plan to scorch up the A1 to St Neots where Jack Rutter is appearing.  It would be a good idea to visit Go-Outdoors to check on their range of summer clothing but whether it will get done is a good question.

Warm thoughts to Andyram, Debs, Andy P, Simon, Robert and his dad, Tony and Aditi, Mal and all others in distress.

Chris

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, inner temple here.

Another poor night's sleep, due to heat, I came down stairs at around 02:15.

Ben the Border Collie realises I am coming down and gets up and stands in the corridor to let me though.Then he lies down again in the cool air flowing down the stairs.

I've a late start today as I have to attend the doctors for the second part of the 6 monthly diabetic type 2 MOT, height, weight, foot test, blood pressure and the results of the vampire checks. Appointment 08:50.

SWMBO revealed Friday is dental check up day. So then we'll go into Norwich, do some shopping, collect the motor scooter. Get home, brush teeth, head out in another direction to the vampires friend for a wash and brush up. Get home have our main meal, then go to the Ben the Border Collie Appreciation Society, while SWMBO goes to her art group for the last time till September as it breaks up for the summer.

I'm going to order the fibreglass resin tonight, as we don't want it delivered early tomorrow, the company I use CFS fibreglass ,https://www.cfsnet.co.uk, have very reasonable prices, deliver very promptly , I've had orders arrive in under 24 hours not on special delivery, they are based in Redruth Cornwall, 410 miles away!!!!

Time to roll ove and hit the snooze button.

• Like 17

I've had orders arrive in under 24 hours not on special delivery, they are based in Redruth Cornwall, 410 miles away!!!!

No doubt early adopters of drone delivery. Good to see someone is giving Amazon a run for their money.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Morning to most!

Large, very dark, clouds visible out of our window today. Hope it doesn't affect my cricket.

Enjoy whatever you do today.

Baz

Yippee! According to Facepuke I have new friends:

"Brooks Lop**, Глеб Бабушкин and 8 others are new friend suggestions for you."

I've got a better suggestion. Shut this complete BS down.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from the highlands of the Charente Maritime. No dark clouds here but there are some fleecy white ones around. Yesterday went well with some more work done on the assemblage of wires that allows moving objects to run along parallel strips of metal and change directions. Then after our meal we set off for a walk round the village, putting some washing on the line as we departed at about 19.15. We somehow got waylaid at the house of some friends that have just arrived from the other side of La Manche. For some obscure reason, that couldn't possibly be connected with consumption of liquids, we didn't get back home till about 21.30. The washing was dry!!.

This morning I'm off to the Danglies of St John to collect some paperwork for re registering the Volvo, as well as various other items. Beth has now stated that she's going shopping this afternoon so I might well repair to the shed to wield the soldering iron and escape the heat of the day.

Good wishes to all and sundry and hope to hear news of her Debship.

Jamie

• Like 17

Yesterday went well with some more work done on the assemblage of wires that allows moving objects to run along parallel strips of metal and change directions.

So you haven't been converted yet?

(To battery power and Radio Control :)  )

Greetings all, and hello to Jason Isaacs.

After friends were round for lunch yesterday, an evening crashed out in front of the television was required. I find The Misadventures of Romesh Ranganathan surprisingly good: funny, and occasionally unexpectedly insightful. I went to bed afterward, which was unfortunately painful. My ribs are still giving me gyp. Yawning can be agonizing, which is a problem as work this week threatens to be extremely dull. The one enlivening prospect is enlivening in the wrong way, in that the first piece of work I have to review and potentially correct was written by my line manager. Ho very much hum. 

In other news, rain! Just a very fine mizzle, but sustained for several hours - enough to wet the ground and put droplets on leaves. You can feel the earth rejoice at it. 

Best wishes bursting like a jack-in-the-box into the faces of the needy;

Tinkety-tonk, etc.
Gavin

• Like 14