The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Well, you've earned a bit of pampering, Don.

With the amount of labour you've done for others, it's about time you had some in return.

Good luck with the next phase of your life - we eagerly await details of the rich widows that keep you company.

Best of good fortune for the move - you've earned it.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Home again after a very blustery day. More wind and more rain tomorrow. Hey Ho!

Dave hope there's not too much damage to the roof. It was very blowy up your way last night.

Regards to All

Stewart

Guest Max Stafford

I've got one tile destroyed and two completely dislodged along the apex. I hope these westerlies drop off soon, I'd much rather have the frosts than this. It really is the worst weather of all-can't even get out for a run and that's the worst bit. Nothing else stops me! Anyway I'll at least get some more modelling done!

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

We're at more than 7° this morning and there still is a bit of wind – outside, I dare add :lol: . We may head out and look for some new plants for the flat later today as we're still in the process of doing a few refurbs here and there.

Have a good day everyone! ;)

Morning All,

It is a positively balmy 9°C here this morning - but it looks like rain. I've got an AGM to go to later on, so have to prepare for that.

Sorry to hear that you are dismantling your layout Don - although I can understand your reasons for doing so.

Good luck with the Clio Tony. Have a little giggle at the most often repeated phrase in the Haynes manual:

Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal

Have a good day everyone...

Watch it, BoD! I may be suffering from worn out mechanical bits, but I can still read....;)

Surgery waiting lists must be like London buses. Just heard they want to deal with one of my knees next Wednesday. This is the left one and once the right one is done I may be worth £35m.

It's only these minor injuries that have stopped me becoming a Premier League player.....

• RMweb Premium

Errr ...

Did you tell them it was your back that was the problem?

Better mark the relevant site with a marker pen.

When I was in hospital, the registrar asked me THREE times to confirm that it was my LEFT hip which was fractured and then used a marker pen to put an ENORMOUS dark blue arrow all the way from knee to hip, so I guess they were able to see in theatre what leg to operate on. I was also warned within an inch of my life not to have a bath and remove the mark until after surgery (bearing in mind that I was totally immobile, that was hardly going to happen).

Back in the present, it's a horribly rainy day but thankfully the wind has abated to a stiff breeze.

Let's hope Dave gets the roof tiles sorted - though recalling a previous post about stoves etc, I wonder if this isn't a good opportunity to start making the hole for the chimney.

Just discovered that my favourite comedian, Barry Cryer, is appearing in Lancaster in June - ticket is aready reserved, so that's two things to look forward to in the summer - the gig, and the RMWeb member's day, where I have been roped in to help Ian M on the bring and buy (actually I volunteered), as that seems a good way to find out who's who.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

...Just heard they want to deal with one of my knees next Wednesday.

Will this be day stay, overnight or a bit longer?

The Clio's leak has been fixed, it was just the expansion/filler bottle. It was a no spanner job really, electric screwdriver and then Mole wrench (to compress the spring clips)

Tony

Just a day case. In at 8.00, down to theatre and a general anaesthetic. Less than an hour later and its job done. Back to bed for an hour, then in a chair for an hour and then home. Stitches out 10 days later.

Bothe knees need to be done as the left crunches and the right lets out an audible click when going up stairs. What a state to get in....:)

Whats going on BoD? 0-1, 1-2 and then go and lose 3-2 in the last minute defies belief.

Bit more defence against set plays, methinks.....