The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Happy anniversary to Mr & Mrs Baz, good to know some of those teenage marriages last ;). As Thursday was taken up with a cancelled trip to Reading and a slightly poorly Mrs Stationmaster and yesterday was occupied with various surgery/chiro type things today is being promoted to faux Friday and will presumably involve the train-spotting branch of Waitrose as trying to park at the local one is akin to looking for vacant recliner at the poolside in a hotel with lots of German guests (sorry Dom but I';m sure you know all the stories).  In any case the local branch was briefly visited yesterday and is more notable for what it doesn't stock rather than what it does make space for on its shelve.

Time to go and have a look to see what havoc certain of our number have been perpetrating in a Modelling Musings thread.

Have a good day folks

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Congrats Baz & Simon I'm up in your league with 41 years  :resent:  enjoy your day both.

Greeting Peeps 

I managed some front garden work for SWMBO yesterday when the sun went off  the boarder, I gritted my teeth put on a body belt

and got on with it as Her would not come up for air going on about it, for my trouble I got a massage of the aching  bits  :maninlove: and 

the promise of Her egg mayo sandwiches for lunch at chez SWMBO al fresco and all that.

Today is me day railways railways railways and a visit to Horrorsons as I've run out of coffee tabs Her always buys the wrong ones.

enjoy your day N.E.Scafe    :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Currently tracking Nicki on Flight Radar 24. She is en route to Gibraltar for a few days break in Spain with her 3 best friends. I suspect a major shortage of Sangria etc is imminent!  :yes:

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Hey up!

Our 39th wedding Anniversary is..today. hope the couple who's marriage we are attending today stay together even longer than we have (so far).

Have a greatday!

Baz

Congratulations Baz to you and Mrs Baz. Our 39th was earlier this month, I had dark hair when I got married.

Jamie

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Congratulations to all those celebrating anniversaries. Our 41st was on the 18th. We went for a walk round the gardens at Hyde Hall. No exchange of presents though we did buy a pot of tea and then purchased some liquid plant food from their shop.

We had a nice afternoon yesterday when our friends visited.

We will be off to Chelmsford this afternoon to look at a car. Hopefully more successful than previous attempts!

Amusing update. I mentioned that eventually one car emporium had finally returned the deposit for the car that had already been sold. The salesman (who was not really to blame) texted me to say that their finance people may have returned the deposit twice! So more money may appear on Monday!

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Mawnin‘ awl. May I second the good wishes for you who are having anniversaries!

Overcast and cool outside as expected. Shift begins at 1845 hours, so I’ll see to eating something ahead of it.

Messy accident outside Angerbrücke Depot happened shortly before 0200. A19-year-old sat themselves on the coupler between two cars on a tram being shunted around the depot while it was waiting for the route for depot reentry. The shunter had no chance of noticing, so I figure you can imagine the rest...

Later...

Edited by NGT6 1315

• RMweb Premium

Congratulations Baz to you and Mrs Baz. Our 39th was earlier this month, I had dark hair when I got married.

Jamie

I had hair when I got married.

26 years on and there's not a lot left...….

Congrats Mr & Mrs O

Cheers,

Mick

Congratulations Baz to you and Mrs Baz. Our 39th was earlier this month, I had dark hair when I got married.Jamie

I had hair when I got married.

26 years on and there's not a lot left...….

Congrats Mr & Mrs O

Cheers,

Mick

I am fortunate that I still have a good head of hair, even if it is a different colour these days. At the start of my chemo, I had it cut shorter than at any time, in anticipation of it falling out, but it hasn’t, but now I have decided that I like it short. So much easier to deal with!

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

I am fortunate that I still have a good head of hair, even if it is a different colour these days. At the start of my chemo, I had it cut shorter than at any time, in anticipation of it falling out, but it hasn’t, but now I have decided that I like it short. So much easier to deal with!

Happy Anniversary Simon I'm going the opposite way and letting mine grow. I have had it short since I was 21 and decided it was time for a change.

Jamie

• Like 11

39 years is it Barry? Well done to you both but "get your knees brown", because if I'm still here come the 17th of July, my good lady and I will be celebrating 53 years.

Incidentally, our youngest daughter Helen and her fiasco Robin tried to marry at the same church as us, on the same date and at the same time. We said nothing until the reception where we revealed our wedding was not at the time given on all the invites but approximately an hour late as the groom in the wedding before us had second thoughts and had to be "persuaded" !   

Edited by Judge Dread
  • Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon from a pleasantly warm and sunny south east corner of the country. Just a reminder of what can happen if things get a bit out of control.....

What my garden looked like back in 2000:

attachicon.gifAerialGarden-01.jpg

…. and what it looked like last year:

attachicon.gifAerialGarden-02.jpg

Keith

Well, the upside is, much less grass to cut! :mosking:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hmm, faux Friday on a Saturday is not a clever idea - Waitrose was heaving but fortunately I selected the checkout queue containing sensible shoppers who organised their packing long before the stuff was checked by putting it on the belt in the correct order.  we then tried to get out of Reading and found the roads leading northwards all near gridlock although oddly as we came near to the end of the 30 limit all the traffic had disappeared, and this disappearance continued most of the way home.

Having driven past it and revived our memories that it existed we decided to try the Plowden arms in Shiplake for lunch once we had unpacked the shopping with a faint hope that there'd be room in the car park - which we found almost empty and ourselves the only customers in the pub, very odd,  The food was superb although officially described as 'sandwiches' (nothing on the lunch menu appealed to us) so we'll definitely be putting it back on the list - this was our first visit sine a change of tenants but their chef is quite as good as the previous one although with different ideas and no old fashioned recipes from centuries ago.

Returned home with the roads almost as empty as they had been on the previous journey - very odd, was everybody sat at home watching the Belgians play football?

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Hi Guys,

Once again variable response from system so may or may not be able  

Edit  = Knock off o and add     ' to comment … able to complete this sentence Sunday am.  Also noticed that some 'likes' etc. not recording'.

Thanks for the encouragement, cheers, Peter

Edited by PeterBB

• RMweb Gold

We watched the Belgians play football for a while. Not at home though.

We had arrived a bit early for our car test drive. That went well and we have bought a car we still haven't seen. We have done this before so aren't too worried. Everything is subject to etc. The test drive was nice through pretty countryside. We did a bit of haggling and I was quite happy with the final deal. I will just have to remember to put petrol in the new one not diesel.

• Like 16

Just got back from taking the CX from the jet wash and a run around town, it being Shabbat meaning very little local traffic. A bit of Citrobatics with the suspension whilst waiting in the jet wash queue. I really don't understand what's going on inside that gearbox; it appeared to perform almost normally when cold, but went back to Variomatic-type slipping (mostly in first range) when warmed up. I'm going to risk taking it to Sh*tefest Festival of the Unexceptional at Stowe on 16th July anyway - WCPGW?

Dunno why Brodie's has no space to examine it presently; do they draw lots and decide which Citroëns they'll take on each day!?

Elsewhere:

post-6879-0-44515200-1529773639_thumb.jpeg

post-6879-0-83454100-1529773687_thumb.jpeg

post-6879-0-88934400-1529773740_thumb.jpeg

This model is older than me. Despite its great age, it still has potential for a bit of upgrading. The remarkable thing is that AGW produces the correct 8ft driving wheel for it (wonder how many sets have been sold over the years?) and other bits and pieces out there might be modified to fit.

To turn it into a runner, it needs new frames, which nobody produces, and motion....which nobody produces. This is going to be a whole load of fun.

I note that the real no.1 was paired with a correct Stirling tender a couple of years ago, which appears to dwarf the engine....

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all, my parents have had their 61st wedding aniversary this year, I know that because later on this year I'll be 61 :)

Meantime SWMBO and me have only been together 33 years.

The trip to the boat went well, the batteries didn't need topping up, the windows were slightly smaller than my guestimates, this will save me some expense...

I did forget one measurement but I can get that tomorrow.

On the way back I dropped into the RAF Radar Museum, to leave my GPDR form, I had a wander around for an hour, as there have been many changes and much improvement, since I last toured the place. They were getting ready for a tour party, so I got out of the way when they arrived. It was the Rover owners club, which gave me more to look at before final departure.

Getting home it was brownie point time. I finished the planters that are now built into entrance way wall. Then assisted ( I carried the compost) in planting them up.

Many more points were scored by connecting up the rescued hose extension, and spending 2 hours watering the plants. In the raised bed The potatoes are doing well, and I believe the Yacon has sprouted. If the leaves become much larger it will be confirmed.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Evening to most,

Back from part 1 of the Sikh wedding we were invited to. Fantastic day so far, enough curry, booze and music to make everyone very happy.

Thanks for the congrats. Her indoors is older than me..I still aawait the bribe from her brother for marrying her.

Enjoy you evening

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Had a great day today, spent oodles of modelling tokens. We arrived at the transport museum spot on opening time at 10:00 AM, after about an hour spent there it was on the vintage bus (Bristol LD5G) to the I.R.M.A. clubrooms were a very pleasant couple of hours were spent as well as some modelling tokens. Amongst the booty was an RTI models resin lorry cab for 50p, the bargain of the day for me. I also partook of a bacon butty and a mug of tea while I was there. My friend Richard's young son John demolished a fair sized piece of raspberry cream sponge cake at the same time. We then went on to to two other small exhibitions before finishing up at the Ipswich model engineers where the lad thoroughly enjoyed himself riding on the miniature trains. I managed to snaffle the last piece of bread pud in the cafeteria. On the way home we called in on Scograil where they had some 'ready to plant' buildings on a 3 for the price of 2 offer, well I couldn't pass that up could I?

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Happy Annie Versary to the Bazzes (Bazzii?) we're only at 34.

Today was the fourth anniversary of Gary's funeral, we took Jayne out for a hidden gardens tour in Castletown, she had a good day so we were very pleased.  She is much better these days, time is finally healing.