The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning fellow ER’s. A quick check in over breakfast to offer good wishes for the day. I hope Simon and Smiffy have recovered from their injuries or, at least, are on the mend. Thoughts with those battling ailments etc including Andy.p who I hope is taking things easy. Thoughts also to Tony and Aditi.

I am glad to read that Jamie and Beth arrived in France safely and had an enjoyable start to their life over there. I hope the situation with the junk removal goes smoothly.

Roundhouse - I viewed Appledore on the Friday of the show, and briefly yesterday. It seemed to be running well. It is a very nice layout.

ChrisF - I am glad to hear you enjoyed your latest musical outing. It is definitely true what you say about kindred spirits helping in the fight against the black dog. Fear not, I do not intend to use alcohol as a serious weapon in the fight against the illness. I do find that, in circumstances such as Friday when the stress and anxiety side threatens to take over, a single pint can relax me. Since I have been off work I have actually consumed considerably less alcohol than I used to. I used to consume one alcoholic drink of an evening when in school and slightly more on a Friday and Saturday. The drink with friends on Thursday was my first in several days. Another sign of the effects work was having on me.

The last two days have helped me make more business contacts to help expand and publicise the website. Hopefully that will help things too.

Best wishes

Andy

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

A dampish start to the day here but there may be some sunny spells later.

Yesterday's birthday BBQ for Gemma went very well although there was one brief light shower and it was a bit breezy but all in all a great time was had by all.

My first task today will be to surround a largish breakfast. After that I may pop into Sainsbury's to pick up some more Highland Park Malt as they currently have it on offer at £25.00.

This evening I have booked the large TV for the U20 World Championship Rugby Final.

Father's Day won't be be celebrated until 1st July as both offspring have clashing commitments over the next two weeks and want to be here at the same time.

I hear the sizzle of bacon so will bid you farewell for now,

Have a good one,

Bob. 

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

SWMBO has departed for woolly Worsted, after a wrestling match with Ben the Border Collie, to change his bandage on his dew claw. The sock over it did in protecting the bandage. He's a lot more comfortable now.

Xcweather and the BBC weather promise a warm south Westerly having been out there on Ben's patrol we have a chilly North Westerly...

Right time to put the overalls on and head out...

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A bit damp here this morning but only slightly so and it looks as if its going to brighten up. Hopefully it will have suppressed the grass pollen to the benefit of hay fever sufferers. Got to nip down to the sorting office later to collect a package that was too big to go through my letterbox. Its a modelling item, stone setts that instead of being moulded as a sheet are individual setts on a backing that is glued down and then grouted. The advantage is that they are flexible so that they can be curved to follow track and the like. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 15

I wonder how they got on at JezFest today....

Yes a bit of a silly idea! ISTR that a tory planned a similar fest for their side following last year's Glasto. Wonder what happened there?

At last year's Edinburgh Bookfest I just happened to be in the gardens in Charlotte Square having a beer between events and wondered what the sudden commotion was. It was Jez plus crowd. He's back again this year; Gordon B is appearing, too, likewise the sainted Nicola (with Ali Smith).

I'm looking forward to seeing cartoonist Martin Rowson and cyclist Graeme Obree, among others, so long as I can get tix.

Mal

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

After having a Father’s Day treat of breakfast in bed this morning, I’m now sat at the kitchen table having just finished my 2nd muggertea, so I’m off to the workshop, I may be some time!

Back later

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Cheers, everyone. I hope this Sunday sees you all in good shape, or on the mend for everyone who is ailing, hurt or battling the black dog.

Was rather full upon the barbecue yesterday and limited myself to a bit of yoghurt so far. Also managed to write this up:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/1910/entry-20992-the-ngt10-experience/

Later… :bye: 

• Like 18

Good morning all

Saddened by the Rennie Mackintosh art school fire; ironic that the sprinklers were waiting for water pumps. Damage to the ABC/O2 building next door will affect a lot of concert-goers, so hope these cancelled shows can happen elsewhere.

Mal

I was appalled to read about the latest disaster! I just hope that it can even be rebuilt. Such a shame...

Beautiful place.

Pete.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Ah, where did the last few days go, please?

Firstly supportive wises to those in need.  Then congrats to Jamie and Beth, in a rather splendid looking place considerably to the south of Ikea.  I hope your relocation goes as well as ours did.

A really odd few days, very bitty in terms of weather and that seemed to make everything else go in dribs and drabs too, plus a meal out last night with a neighbour that was a bit, er, of a duty thing to be friendly! 

Now I just can't be bothered to do anything, which I suspect was due to a rather bitty night's sleep, everything was like that all weekend, what is wrong!

Perhaps the weather is making us feel that way.  Off for a walk to get things going. A hat (waterproof) maybe in order.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon Awl,

No matter how well you've built the boat, no matter how well you've built the temporary supporting structure. There is always that nagging worry that when you cut the last beam in the middle, there will be a creaking noise followed by a crash as it all ends in a heap..

So I cut the last beam and ......the beam fell out but nothing else.

I now have two boats or is that two halves of boat missing 28 inches in the middle.

That took about 2.5 hours., The following 2.5 hours were spent triming back the bits i couldn't access at first. This involved sitting on the supporting framework, amongst all the cut edges of the longitudinal frames of the boat. I achieved a minor GDB by impacting my head on one of the corners. No blood, but bruised and scraped skin.

Next time will involve use of several different sanders, which is why today I was wearing a new respirator, for which I have a good stock of new dust filters...fibreglass and wood dust in the lungs is not a good idea.

After that I declared BLT oclock, that I had, with coffee, then Ben the Border Collie was taken for his long walk, his bandage fell off during the walk but he didn't catch his claw again during the trip.

I'm now home, consuming a Highland park. We are Awaiting the impending return of SWMBO.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary Land. Package collected from the sorting office and contents stashed away for when they are needed. The poppies are blooming away, that spot of rain this morning seems to have given them a boost. Now to get some more stuff ready for the club stand at our exhibition in just under 3 weeks time (7th/8th Julty).

• Like 15

Disaster today. Biting into a piece of crusty bread I felt my tooth break. It is one end of a four tooth bridge that the dentist has been itching to replace for the last five years. Originally fitted thirty years ago, and they reckon fifteen to twenty is the life of them, so I suppose I had a good run with it. That was the down side. Even further down last time she spoke about replacing it I am sure that £2000 was mentioned; she said it cannot be done on the NHS for some reason. It sounds like a heck of a lot to me. 

Still, there are always people worse off, so I hope those ailing get well soon. 

• RMweb Premium

Jamie and Beth - I don't know if you know of this custom, and I can only do it virtually, but it is traditional to open a bottle of bubbly in a new house, and put a coin in a slot in the cork. Keep it and you will always have wine, money and good fortune!

attachicon.gifMels cork top I.jpg

Dick

our tradition is to do this every new year as part of our first footing celebrations. The next one replaces the last one so generating new money every year.

Match umpired. Yorkshire U15s beat lancashire U15s... no need for any decisions from my colleague and I other than calling over at the end of each over. LBW would have been given by my colleague but the batsman walked!.

Now enjoying a glass of McGuigan shiraz.

baz

• Like 19