The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

... there’s an old conifer stump that I want to dig up,

Sounds nasty. The solution here is to rent (or preferably employ someone to use) a stump grinder. (I know I don't want to be anywhere near the business end of one of those.)

They make an awful mess and a big hole, but filling in the hole is far easier than digging out a root - unless your conifer was very small.

When Douglas Firs, whose trunks can easily be a couple of feet across, need to be removed, they are the only sensible option.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Up yet another early morning for call of nature so a little time online.

We now have a large tree satump in our garden after a large tree was felled a few weeks ago.

This new webcam has popped up. No doubt will be checking this location out when in KC this summer.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Y'know how they say you should never click on a website when you've had a few drinks? Well, er, something happened back there and I think I may have made an expensive error.

No I haven't bought another old car "needing a bit of work"....

Another horse?
  • Like 1

Morning All,

It is very much cooler today, which is a huge relief!  It started raining yesterday around 4pm and continued for much of the evening.  It was steady rain, and this morning the weather is a great deal better!

The office window is open, and our fan is drawing cool air in from outside.

The testing didn't get started yesterday, so that is on the agenda for today.

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 19

I have a feeling that major rail yards in KC all began with A. Armstrong, Armourdale and Argentine come to mind.

Might depend on the definition of 'major', and whether you're considering past or present, but Frisco's Kansas City yard was Rosedale and MKT's was Glen Park.

Edited by pH

• RMweb Premium

Another overcast morning so far. Yesterday the sun broke through and it was a lovely afternoon and evening. Fingers crossed for the same today!

The restorative nature of a morning cup of tea should make it a must have for people.

I need to see dracs little helper then nurse drac. This means phoning surgery to make two appointments. It also means I need to diet and do a lot more exercise for the next few weeks.

Have a great day everyone

Baz

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

So far our regular worm to LBG is running and close to time. As it’s a rarity I thought it was worth mentioning.

Last night our train was cancelled though.

T - 14 commuting days to go.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

A cloudy start here but it may brighten up later with the chance of the odd shower or two.

Another poor night's sleep thank to my hip and I also seem to have strained my neck and shoulder when working in the shed.I'll start with some Ibuprofen and see how I get on.

The Boss is off out to lunch with ex workmates today so I might take a leisurely stroll to a pub.

Before that I will possibly loosen up by washing the car which, although black, is many shades of very dirty. Again. Mind you, if it's going to rain.........  :scratchhead:  :rolleyes:
Tuesday means we have Gemma & Joe visiting after school which as you all know by now always brightens up my day.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

It’s a little overcast today, but as I’m working outside today, I don’t mind. The stump in question is only small, the conifer was about 8ft when I cut it down last year, but it has started to grow side shouts, so I’m going to dig it up. Hopefully as it’s so small it won’t take too long, famous last words I hear you all say.

Breakfast has now been consumed and I’ve just got a large (3/4 pint) muggertea and a glass of orange juice to finish then I’m off to the shed to get the tools for the above. I’ve also got some dead heading of roses to do too!

Back later.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from the clifftop residence in Bournemouth where two itinerants of no fixed abode are in temporary residence prior to our personal exit of Britain. It's nice and sunny and we are currently watching the ferry leaving Poole Harbour for Cherebourg. 

No swimming was done yesterday by me and our friends have now left.   I have a particular dislike of being told when I can eat my breakfast and what I have to do before eating by people staying with us.   Anyway we did have a good time with them and Dave has been a friend since we met at Nottingham Uni in 1971.   After they left not a lot was done and extended eyelid inspections took place.  It's lovely not to have the chaos and clamour of packing around us No carboard boxes, bubblewrap and parcel tape.   

A leisurely breakfast has been had, the paper has been read and we are shortly to sally forth to Asda.   I also need to find some oil or wax to preserve a lovely carved owl that No 1 son and his girlfriend gave us.  It's carved from oak and will go outside.  I'm thinking of getting some linseed oil.

AndyRam, I'm glad that you got your sick pay sorted and that life is gradually getting brighter.   It would be nice to hear from Debs and warm thoughts are sent to all that need them.

It's good to have some input from La Sarthe though I am looking forward to the latest episode in the saga of the local expat divorcee.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 18

Morning all from the clifftop residence in Bournemouth where two itinerants of no fixed abode are in temporary residence prior to our personal exit of Britain. It's nice and sunny and we are currently watching the ferry leaving Poole Harbour for Cherebourg. 

Should this be called GUEXIT ?   I've just remembered to delete a Leeds phone number from my contacts.

It's good to have some input from La Sarthe though I am looking forward to the latest episode in the saga of the local expat divorcee.

Careful what you ask for.

Bill.

• Like 4

Y'know how they say you should never click on a website when you've had a few drinks? Well, er, something happened back there and I think I may have made an expensive error.

No I haven't bought another old car "needing a bit of work"....

The term "old banger" applies to more than just cars.

Bill

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Not a lot to report, so I'll just offer the usual generic greetings, and a special mention for Andyram, with the hope that the sick pay will now continue for as long as necessary.  And still no news of our Debs.

Back later/tomorrow.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 16

Last Saturday myself and two mates went to the Midland Small Layouts Show at Armitage where we met Peter BB. It's only about 25 minutes from home so we had a quiet saunter down there. On arrival the first thing we did was to have a sit down with a Coffee and Bacon Sarnie. Before leaving home I wasn't feeling that well, I had a nervious feeling, and so I was determined to have a quiet day. Once there I felt a lot better, and chatted to a few friends, old and new, and also sat down more than normal.

We left the Show at about 12.30 so we didn't stay very long, again ensuring I didn't over do things. Getting home about 1pm, I sat down with a cuppa and relaxed, but by this time I was feeling quite funny again, with a nervous shake now and again and feeling sick and faint. This continued though out the evening, the shakes gradually getting worse, as though I had something very serious to worry about, but with no pains I just could not understand my problem, which made me even more worried.

When I went  to Bed I was still shaking but I slept well, and felt fine on Sunday morning, and wondered what all the silliness was about. I went and did my Mums Shopping and was O.K. Then about Lunchtime it started again. Butterflies in the stomach, feeling sick, nervous, shaking and feeling quite funny. It carried on all evening and I really felt like it was the end, but again, when I got to bed, still shaking I slept well, and when I got up yesterday / Monday, I felt brilliant.

I'm seeing my GP this afternoon. I think it's the medication, as after the HA in January I felt brilliant, and no anxiety attacks at all, so I'm wondering if the Drugs have now worked into my system. as my Heart Rate is still very slow.

I'm feeling fine again now and could knock a wall down this morning, if I had a wall to knock down that is.

• RMweb Gold

Morning again this time from Farringdon as heading to a site.

Decided to avoid the deep underground lines but that did mean catching a rare on time Thameslink service from LBG but it soon lost 5 minutes awaiting a slot into Blackfriars

These new underground trains are nice with thier air con and more comfortable seats than the worms.

A leisurely trip as want to keep out the office at the moment. When you ask for advise but get it thrust back at you to sortmrans that the next two and a half weeks can't go quick enough

post-1557-0-56541100-1528794719_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-16289000-1528794736_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I did plan to go to Brentwood this morning with Aditi. She was going there for a haircut. I thought I would go over to a car showroom and look at some cars. However Aditi suggested my chesty cough needed another restful day.

Weather here, cloudy, looks as if it couod rain but probably won't.

Have a good day

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Even more poppies flowering this morning, replacing yesterdays blooms which are already losing their petals. Its surprising what colours don't show the dirt, I once had an Allegro estate that was bright (British Telecom) yellow and it was remarkable how clean it looked even during the winter despite only being washed once in a blue moon. Not much else to report, be back later.

• Like 17