The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning all.

Dog and I just back from our morning daily. For a Labrador he is still remarkably fit and has no problem with his legs which is quite a common issue in older dogs of this breed. He is quite happy walking a fair distance. It is sunny and warm in sheltered parts but there is still a north easterly off the sea which is quite cool.

Have just had a phone call asking me If I had had an accident that wasn't my fault. I used the old one - I didn't quite manage to reach the toilet last week and it was a really messy affair. There was a little giggle and then she hung up.

Thoughts to all.

P.s. Has anyone tried that Dioralite yet?

Dioralite should be perfect for dealing with future calls about accidents...

BIN day - all suitably positioned at the kerbside.

Nothing to report from yesterday, that's good I guess :)

16 and partly sunny, high of 26 expected and possible rain/scattered thunderstorms later.

Have a good day.

• Like 18

Afternoon all, finally caught up after a day or more with no internet at our apartment. Yesterday we visited the Loch Lomond RSPB reserve, but didn’t manage to see too many birds other than a load of geese on the Loch. A local man pointed out where an Osprey has its nest, but we didn’t see it. Today we walked a few miles of the West Highland Way at the north end of the Loch. Another walker said that he had just seen an eagle, but we sadly didn’t see it, just a couple of buzzards. After three days with a lot of walking, I feel in need of a rest, so tomorrow will be a bit more relaxing!

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

it was very warm at Loch Lomond, but then the thunderstorm came, along with a rainbow!

attachicon.gifFA42B6F0-2C2A-4778-940F-B2134C8A43E1.jpeg

Edit: it was the right way up on the IPad!!

Is that an Australian ipad? :sungum:

I have had the same issue even when editing the photo to get it the correct way up on this forum.

A very pleasant trip back on the bus rather than a worm. Despite the bus taking longer, it does drop us at the end of our road.

Also 'bumped' into our neighbour opposite who bumped err reversed into our car. She apologised but it was easily done. However as the car is now 23 it could be a write off. It is still driveable so may just have to live with the dent.

Hopefully POETs tomorrow.

30 months after being assaulted at work my wife finally had a meeting with her manager. Indeed the 1st person from the company and the 1st meeting (she still has to receive the 1st get well card, 1st box of chocolates or 1st bunch of flowers, but hey). Its been mutually agreed that she won't return. Which is nice. Now we can settle down to waiting for legal things to gear up.

If anyone wants the name of a good employer please don't ask me.

edited to add.

Earlier in the day she received her 1st phone call from the company albeit voicemail.

Edited by lightengine

• RMweb Premium

Blooming heck..Yorkshire won!!

Apparently 22 grown men are kicking a bag of wind around a grass covered area in Leeds tonight. Perhaps they would be better playing cricket as that is a summer game!

:jester:

Baz

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Checked out the gator board that arrived this morning, everything is in order BUT I hadn't ordered enough :banghead: serves me right for being so tight, at £6 per sheet its not cheap. I picked up a copy of the new Model Rail (July) this morning and was pleased to see one of our club layouts, Aldwych featured. I made the original suggestion for the layout but I was unable to get involved as I was tied up with another club layout at the time.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Phil to note that the local hedgerows are in places covered with profuse quantities of poppies.  Our big ones have yet to flower but the small red ones are just about finished.;

Waitrose in Tilehurst was definitely suffering from the Waitrose malaise this morning - lots of empty shelves in the meat area and what was on them was short dated, serves 'em right for going for the cheapest bid they could find for contract staff for their distribution warehouse in Bracknell.  apparently the managers there are tearing their hair out with frustration they are getting from their new(ish) contractor;s' inability to deliver staff in the right numbers at the right time and they're even trying to persuade the old contractor to return, and getting the brush-off (and in any case laddo won't be there to manage the contract almost every hour of the day and night as he has moved on to employment elsewhere).

Oh and i forgot to mention yesterday's ultimate c*ckwomble we were in parallel lanes along the riverside when he swerved in front of me t avoid someone starting to reverse out of a parking space. Fortunately I quickly got the brakes on and came to a halt just short of hitting him - p*llock.  But when we passed him (our lane had fewer vehicles waiting at the lights) Mrs Stationmaster noted that he was wearing a pilot's uniform shirt.  Regrettably for future information she couldn't suss out which airline he worked for but obviously it might be one to avoid.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Oh and i forgot to mention yesterday's ultimate c*ckwomble we were in parallel lanes along the riverside when he swerved in front of me t avoid someone starting to reverse out of a parking space. Fortunately I quickly got the brakes on and came to a halt just short of hitting him - p*llock.  But when we passed him (our lane had fewer vehicles waiting at the lights) Mrs Stationmaster noted that he was wearing a pilot's uniform shirt.  Regrettably for future information she couldn't suss out which airline he worked for but obviously it might be one to avoid.

Pilots usually don't have to reverse airplanes.........

Cheers,

Micvk

I imagine after 5 days of 22 men chasing a ball round the pitch they might be willing to settle for a draw.

In cricket, is that not an assorted bunch of 11 men (women) chasing the ball which, having been hit by one of two other participants, may have gone anywhere, with the whole scenario being watched over by two persons in white coats?

(I am formerly a qualified cricket scorer and have marketed my own design of scoresheet and computer software to record the match and the players' statistics!)

• Like 15