The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

If it's the one my sister-in-law and her husband patronise, you should enjoy it!

I don’t think that there are many Chinese restaurants in Balloch, so it could be the same one. It is called Princess Rose and is right next to the McDonalds in Balloch. We had the set meal for 4 and very good it was too. I am now comfortably full!

• Like 9

I passed my six-month review with flying colours and the advice that I should consider a Team Leader or Trainer position within the next year. We’ll see.

Best wishes to all.

Be careful, you may be offered CEO of Southern (whatever Ian L’s service is called today) :O !!!!

• RMweb Premium

On the way back we were lucky to get across the Menai Bridge which was being surveyed from the air.  It was periodically open for 20 minutes and we got there just in time saving us from joining the long tailbacks on roads leading to the Britannia Bridge.

Is that going to be Rapido's next product?

Had a brief Dr.'s appointment at 8:15 a.m. about my cough. Then after coffee took SWMBO to the hairdresser's. Due to schedule mixup, her hairdresser wasn't in. So off for assorted shopping.

• Like 13

I don’t think that there are many Chinese restaurants in Balloch, so it could be the same one. It is called Princess Rose and is right next to the McDonalds in Balloch. We had the set meal for 4 and very good it was too. I am now comfortably full!

Yes, that's the one. I couldn't actually remember the name, despite having been in it a couple of times, but my wife says that's it.

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Then after coffee took SWMBO to the hairdresser's. Due to schedule mixup, her hairdresser wasn't in.

I like long hair on my other half :sungum:

I often have a chat with her hairdresser asking him not to cut it too short.

Morning from a breezy Surrey. I wonder what GTR has in store for our commute today.

Edit

Just read the three page letter from our MP in response to my email regarding the state of the rail services. A fairly sensible letter but doubt he will be able to do much.

Oh and the mess has started again.our Thameslink train is now diverted away from London Bridge due to an operational incident

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 4

Good morning one and all

The talk last night was so frustrating.  You would expect someone talking about a particular railway line to know when it opened but the speaker did not volunteer that information and gave what was clearly the wrong answer when I asked him.  This augurs well for the report which I have to write today.  He went home early and we were treated to a Railway Roundabout DVD for the rest of the evening.  That was fine, but why can people not just sit and listen to the commentary instead of burbling to one another?  I shall find out tomorrow whether my blood pressure is up as a result and as you are all so keen on me having my own sphygmomanometer I will ask Sister D what she thinks.  In late afternoon I must brave what is left of Thameslink so that I may attend a concert by Andy Cutting at Kings Place.  Who knows, I may be home in time to post here in the morning.

Congratulations to Rick on passing the six month probation.  Who knows where your future lies?  Andyram, hang on in there.  I wish I could make a more constructive suggestion apart from keeping the lines of communication to the GP open – easier said than done, I suspect. Continuing warm thoughts to you, Debs, Andy P, Robert and his dad, Tony and Aditi, Simon, Mal and all others in distress.

Chris

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a slightly grey and overcast village.   Not had time to read through as there is much to do.  So generic C's and C's.

Yesterday was a fabulous and unforgettable experience and in fact my ears are still ringing a bit despite 6 hours sleep.  How the Strolling Bones do it at their combined ages I don't know but they must truly be the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the world.   The trains journey went well, though the return on the 23.35 from Man Picc was very slow on a path that obviously allowed for frequent diversions.   

I met Bill, who I had known at school and last seen in 1969.  We had a great time catching up and pulling our old school to pieces.  What a great day.  I got home at 01.30 and woke this morning at 07.30.   The last night I will spend in this house after 39 years.   Beth ahs departed for Fat Club and two of us are due to start taking furniture to the tip this morning.  From this evening we are moving into the nearby Premier Inn (Other hotel brands are available) for our last 3 nights oop north.

Regards to all.

Jamie

Jamie

• Like 3

Be careful, you may be offered CEO of Southern (whatever Ian L’s service is called today) :O !!!!

That job comes with a free lobotomy. 

post-2818-0-82905300-1488959739.jpg

Greetings from the boring borough. Construction still crawling along. The counter tops for the kitchen are due to arrive and be installed today. That means tonight, I have a brand new functional kitchen. It also means tomorrow, I have to move my temporary office space as they demolish the old kitchen. Half way through week 13 of the 8-10 week build. We can sort of see the light at the end of the tunnel though. One bit of heavy work left on creating the through lounge, but all the rest is just plaster, flooring, and skirting boards. 

Took MiL for her birthday meal last night at the Ivy. She loves that place so the choice was a no brainer. Service and food was impeccable but some of the clientele left a lot to be desired. Dress code of smart casual, had obviously gone out the window with some people looking as if they'd just come off a building site. 

Andrew P - take it easy. 
Andy Ram - see above. 

Burger all else to say apart from enjoy the day. 

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Pollen must be very high as I'm beginning to block up. I don't very often suffer from the grass pollen, more from the tree pollen that is a bit earlier in the year. At least its a bit sunnier than yesterday but despite that the central heating was in action this morning. Haven't checked the poppies this morning but the sunshine hopefully will encourage them to flower. Thats it for now, be back later.