The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Best pf luck to Ian (RH) heading down the A303 on a day like this, may the queue beyond the Countess Roundabout be a short one.  Sorry to hear Chris F is suffering from that dog getting loose again - take amusement from the fact that the same bloke (Old Father Irwell) who you do a 'little'  job for is reportedly now looking for me to do some similar tasks.  Meanwhile it ain't arf hot again - the awning has been reeled out over the patio in a bid to keep the living room cool and I may shortly be tempted to turn on the fan sitting on the floor behind me.  Fortunately when planning the house I took the precaution of having ceiling fans installed in all the bedrooms and the kitchen, maybe I should have included some other rooms as well?

Have a good day one and all and may those ailing and recovering make positive progress.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Morning Peeps 

Speedy recovery Andy   :punish:  now be a good boy and listen to what the doctors tell you.  :biggrin_mini2: 

Sorry to hear the dog is loose again Chris take care Old Bean.

I woke at 5am this mornnig to the sound of Peppa Pig (SWMBO) grunting away so I sat and watch some tv

one day  :butcher:    :mosking:

Dear old Microsoft decided to unleash a new down load so I can talk to my PC it might tell me to get stuffed

next time I yell at it, after wait nearly an hour for it to up date this morning I spent time doing some diagnostics

on a new kit bult loco chassis, tester tells me there power running through but it wont budge an inch I've put it 

back in the box for another day, damn and blast the new style Romford wheel spokes are plastic the live side will

need wipers on the wheel rims  :banghead: silly me. 

Her has gone to pamper herself so the bathroom is out of action for 2 hours I think it's time for another coffee.

enjoy your day N.E.Scafe   :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Maaaawnin' awl. Was woken by an ambulance helo apparently performing medevac in the park one block over. Still, it seems like I've slept sufficiently well, and there's still time for another nap if need be.

Nothing untoward happened last night, though of course, the number of odd characters still on their feet in the middle of the night is proportionally higher. However, everything remained sufficiently quiet.

Hoping that Andrew is feeling better today. Same as everyone else in need, of course.

Later… :bye:

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Some of the poppies are just about ready to flower including one plant that is huge, so consequently named the triffid. I will probably have to wait a couple of weeks for the majority to flower though the one or two that planted themselves in the paving are unlikely to survive. Muggatee awaits so back later.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Temperature is rising here so fans have been rescued from the loft and are now deployed.

Squatter in the car must have had a friend as another web has appeared. No sign of an occupant but I'll find the little b#gger.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

The sun is shining so I’m off outside, I may be some time!

• Like 14

Regretably one of several such instances.  The unit diagrammed to berth overnight at Hove has been moved to West Worthing because they were similarly vandalised at the former location.  It seems the offenders are "in the know".  And it seems they must have ladders and probably a vehicle in order to do that much damage.  Someone must know something .....

They've even managed to deface a 377!

Afternoon to everyone. I was shocked to read, earlier, of Andy.P's latest health issue and will repeat the good wishes that I have already directed his way on another thread. Please take time to rest Andy, and do not over do things. I would also like to pass on good wishes to my fellow black dog sufferer, and hope that Chrisf can find the lock and key to the kennel very soon.

The weather is very warm here, but the atmosphere inside is decidedly frosty after a few cross words between Sarah and I last night. Yesterday Sarah and Amber had stayed over at her mum's so that Sarah could attend an early morning hair appointment. I was due to pick them up at, an unspecified time, later in the day. After another sleepless night, I had a late start before I went and completed the food shopping for the evening meal. After arriving home, I called Sarah to see if she was home from the appointment and to find out when she needed collecting. Her response was a rather sharp "I don't know, I have just got in!" Usually, she asks to be collected just after lunch on such occasions because she does not want to be out all day. After my lunch, I opted not to head out to DEMU, expecting the call to arms at any moment. I was rather annoyed that she text about 3.30pm to say she was going to a garden centre with the parents and would text when back. The final call came just before 5pm resulting in my employment as a taxi just as the England match was due to kick off. However I was apparently in the wrong to be annoyed!

Unfortunately, I have to admit my short temper seems to be linked to my black dog who is omnipresent at the moment. Sleep remains at a premium and most mornings I am up early and taking a long time to feel anything like a human. The sick note expires on Wednesday, I am rather hoping the doc may extend it again. It is frustrating because a few weeks ago I was beginning to feel things were improving, right now I feel back to the beginning - and starting to feel a burden to the family.

Anyway I had better log off, shopping and gardening beckon.

Best wishes

Andy

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

AndyP take care, and do as the medics say.

Andy and Chris - I do hope that your respective black dogs are in their kennels soon. 

Special mentions to Simon, Mal. Tony and Aditi, and of course her Debship.

Late on checkin today, as we up at 4.45 this morning so stand the A6 car boot (and Geoff, I haven't seen Kath there at all this year),  DIdn't do to well this time as we're running out of stock.

Back tomorrow.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 15

Afternoon all

Managed to see Solo duo yesterday afternoon with Gabe; didn't think I'd say this but what a great film, full of excitement, chases, shoot-outs, love and betrayal. A lot of fun, but I'd expect no less from director Ron Howard. Tight script, well acted, good direction, well-cut. Close to the top of the Star Wars movies, imho.

Sorry to hear that AndyP has been to hospital again, very best wishes, Andy and look after yourself.

Bet H*rnby will make a limited edition Thameslink set with that colourful graffiti...

Hope the rest your Sunday goes well

Mal

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

E‘ning all. Well, it is becoming such, I suppose! Now en route to work and curious as to whether occupancy will be different on a Sunday night. Probably not as many revellers about!

Best wishes to everyone suffering, with particular note of those currently encountering black dogs. I admit that as an aid in overcoming the stresses from the first quarter of this year, I recently decided to take up a mild degree of supporting medication, which thankfully I seem to tolerate with no side effects, especially not any of concern at work.

Later...

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Evening all,

haven't posted for a while as I couldn't think of anything much to write about.

I was awl-fully pleased to see a post from Debs the other day. 

Today we ventured to Mudeford beach and I'm taking a day off tomorrow to mark orbital completion. 

A letter awaited my attention on Friday, indicating that it was advisable for me to attend a speed awareness course.

How my average commute of 10mph could have resulted in exceeding a speed limit is beyond me, but there you go.  

No point in arguing. Just so long as they give you a bumper sticker saying "Speed awareness course graduate" to explain why you are driving at annoyingly slow and precise speeds with a queue of traffic behind you for the next 2 years.  :fool:

• Like 1

Note to self: remember to screw the battery cell caps down before going for a drive......

Oh carp! I hope you removed the battery and hosed it and everything in its vicinity down with lots of water.

Flicking through the TV channels, I was just in time to see the pace car on the warm up lap of the IndyCar race in Detroit lose control and hit the wall. Can't say they'll have a restart, since the race hadn't actually started.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon to everyone. I was shocked to read, earlier, of Andy.P's latest health issue and will repeat the good wishes that I have already directed his way on another thread. Please take time to rest Andy, and do not over do things. I would also like to pass on good wishes to my fellow black dog sufferer, and hope that Chrisf can find the lock and key to the kennel very soon.

The weather is very warm here, but the atmosphere inside is decidedly frosty after a few cross words between Sarah and I last night. Yesterday Sarah and Amber had stayed over at her mum's so that Sarah could attend an early morning hair appointment. I was due to pick them up at, an unspecified time, later in the day. After another sleepless night, I had a late start before I went and completed the food shopping for the evening meal. After arriving home, I called Sarah to see if she was home from the appointment and to find out when she needed collecting. Her response was a rather sharp "I don't know, I have just got in!" Usually, she asks to be collected just after lunch on such occasions because she does not want to be out all day. After my lunch, I opted not to head out to DEMU, expecting the call to arms at any moment. I was rather annoyed that she text about 3.30pm to say she was going to a garden centre with the parents and would text when back. The final call came just before 5pm resulting in my employment as a taxi just as the England match was due to kick off. However I was apparently in the wrong to be annoyed!

Unfortunately, I have to admit my short temper seems to be linked to my black dog who is omnipresent at the moment. Sleep remains at a premium and most mornings I am up early and taking a long time to feel anything like a human. The sick note expires on Wednesday, I am rather hoping the doc may extend it again. It is frustrating because a few weeks ago I was beginning to feel things were improving, right now I feel back to the beginning - and starting to feel a burden to the family.

Anyway I had better log off, shopping and gardening beckon.

Best wishes

Andy

It's well past the time that Sarah needs to wake up to the fact that you are ill and stop treating you like a bloody dogsbody!

There, I've said it.

It's well past the time that Sarah needs to wake up to the fact that you are ill and stop treating you like a bloody dogsbody!

There, I've said it.

and if she doesn't wake up to it, please tell her for your own sanity.

• RMweb Premium

Oh, don't worry, it was mentioned last night. Thankfully the chill is thawing somewhat today.

The main thing about clinical depression, that I learned about through hard experience, is that it is impossible for the sufferer to cure themselves without help as the black dog has taken away the ability to do that.  Partners need to be aware of just how serious the disease is and the essential role they HAVE to play in helping you get through it.

Jamie