The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

I would love the opportunity to try a segway; Lille Tourist Board offer guided tours of the town on them.

A guided tour of Savannah, GA with the NB clan.

post-408-0-26511700-1527631213_thumb.jpg

This was taken just around the corner from where the bus stop/bench scenes were filmed for "Forrest Gump"

There is a distinct lack of seats in this picture:

post-408-0-62373800-1527631214_thumb.jpg

After the filming, the bench was donated to the city but it kept getting stolen.....

It now resides in a local museum.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 18

A guided tour of Savannah, GA with the NB clan.

attachicon.gifsegway.jpg

This was taken just around the corner from where the bus stop/bench scenes were filmed for "Forrest Gump"

There is a distinct lack of seats in this picture:

attachicon.gifsegway2.jpg

After the filming, the bench was donated to the city but it kept getting stolen.....

It now resides in a local museum.

Cheers,

Mick

Now you're just taking the Mick!

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Well blood was taken, by the delightful Simone, plus an extra phial to measure something else which I suggested she did anyway but then a message  to do that sample flashed on her computer screen just as she was checking whether or not it would be sensible to do it; great, saved making another appointment.

The rain started while I was in the disaster area known as WH Smith - they have redisorganised their layout big time so while I could find the railway m*d*ll*ng mags (because I knew where the railway mags had been moved to)  it took three circuits of the shop to eventually find their miniscule stock of daily 'papers.  I totally gave up hope of ever finding The Radio Times and advised the counter staff that I would be purchasing it from Tesco where I could at least find it.  Quite why they have carried out this major move I don't know but it is definitely not the cleverest thing they've done.  Out into the rain but it stopped before I'd gone a couple of hundred yards and was pretty desultory anyway - the real stuff, complete with occasional thunder, arrived this afternoon.

The cottonwood trees are releasing their seeds. According to Wikipedia, each tree can release 25 million seeds. There are a lot of cottonwoods around here. These facts, combined with a moderate wind, are making it look as if it's currently snowing outside.

• Like 3

Eyelid inspection over, time for a S, S & S before catching the 0638 to Birmingham.

Down to complete 3 interviews today before a catch-up in Ashby-de-la-Zouch and a day auditing Ericsson tomorrow.

2 x 3 hour journeys on a Voyager in the next 2 days, oh joy...

• Like 3

Morning All,

We have another warm day in this part of the world.  Storms are forecast for later (again), but yesterday at least, we didn't see any of them.

Dom - The Zillertalbahn is definitely worth a visit.  Mercedes and I spent our honeymoon in Zillertal, and we spent a lot of time travelling back and forth on the train.  Of course, Jenbach is the only place in Austria where three different gauges meet.  The 760mm Zillertalbahn, the metre gauge Achenseebahn and the standard gauge ÖBB - but you probably knew that!

Time for a coffee!

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 19

Good morning one and all

The humidity of the sports hall at Stoke Mandible on Sunday affected me more than I realised and I felt distinctly lacklustre after the fodder run yesterday morning.  Fortunately I summoned up sufficient energy to do a bit more m*d*ll*ng.  On waking today I find myself weary after intermittent slumber.  I will need energy today for I am to meet other members of the HMRS this evening for a study walk in the St Pancras area.  Getting there means braving what is left of Thameslink.  How early should I set out, I wonder?  Before all that I have food prepping to do for Thursday’s lunch.  Jim the butcher has done me a good deal on the pork.

There was a surprise in my credit card bill, viz an entry for £7.99 in respect of Amazon Prime.  I do not remember ordering it and I have set about cancelling what appears to be a monthly subscription and obtaining a refund.  Thank goodness I have a suspicious nature.  On that subject, I am beginning to wonder why I am getting silent phone calls made from non-existent numbers.  Ring ring, silence, 1471, dial number, the number you have called has not been recognised, 1572, block.  It happens often enough to be tiresome.

Continuing warm thoughts to Andyram, Debs, Robert and his dad, Tony and Aditi, Simon, Mal and all others in distress.

Chris

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, Inner temple Here,

A poor nights sleep I awoke at about 01:30 having dreamt of a big rainy down pour, when I staggered to the bath room I found Ben the Border Collie Hiding in the bath. looking distinctly unhappy. So I suspect were were on the distant edge of a thunderstorm. not enough to wake me but enough to upset him.

I persuaded him out of the bath and we both went down to the living room, I put the TV on and after a few minutes he settled down. I had a bit more problem getting to sleep,  my total is about 4.5 hours last night.

On leaving i found a lot of Mist and puddles, but not huge ones so I think it was a very short sharp down pour.

I notice another set of direction signs and posts have been demolished on the NDR, this time on the NDR Wroxham Road junction , which if you turn into norwich from the A47 direction is opposite camber, heavy  rain / opposite camber / comparative road unfamilarity / too much speed = crunch...

While driving in they announced a special on this morning about...... NDR round abouts and their poor marking, along with the North Walsham road traffic jams past the airport to and across the NDR, which didn't occur until it was opened...

The forecast for Saturdays start of race has improved at the start to a whole 9mph minus  coming over the village and  hillside...

I should finish this weeks Major sytem, which I started on friday.. then I have a huge list of shrapnel to do, little items taking half an hour each, but about 30 of them...

Time too... check the company spam, before la time...

I'll finish this