The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

EDIT =  TO SAY, we don't buy stuff that needs ironing, THEY are the work of the DEVIL. :girldevil: 

Nothing like an ironed shirt, though. I try and buy everything that washes on the same cycle and can be tumble-dried. That way, one wash, one tumble. No faff.

Mal

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Nothing like an ironed shirt, though. I try and buy everything that washes on the same cycle and can be tumble-dried. That way, one wash, one tumble. No faff.

Mal

When Mrs Stationmaster went to the USA some years back she returned with some magic stuff you could spray onto freshly washed and spin-dried shirt when it was on a clothes hanger and all the creases etc disappeared in a miraculous fashion.  I promptly took it off to Aus with me and managed without having to iron shirts (fortunately) for 6 weeks, brilliant stuff.

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

When Mrs Stationmaster went to the USA some years back she returned with some magic stuff you could spray onto freshly washed and spin-dried shirt when it was on a clothes hanger and all the creases etc disappeared in a miraculous fashion.  I promptly took it off to Aus with me and managed without having to iron shirts (fortunately) for 6 weeks, brilliant stuff.

When I was living on my own as a 20-something, I just made sure when after washing, the stuff that needed ironing was laid flat to dry. Then - it didn't need ironing....... :sungum:

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 12

England test cricket failings.

The easy solution to stop England losing to every test country is to revise test cricket.

Start a World Series of cricket (US inspired, World Series) and therefore we are automatically in a win win situation as no other country competes.

When I was living on my own as a 20-something, I just made sure when after washing, the stuff that needed ironing was laid flat to dry. Then - it didn't need ironing....... :sungum:

Cheers,

Mick

It also works quite well if you wear it straight from the machine. Bit chilly in Winter, but hey, no ironing.

Whilst on the subjects of ironing and sartorial elegance. Does the team think that carrying a handkerchief is a dying art as the younger generation don't do it? Will hankie production be hit and high street hankie shops close by the dozen?

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

I don't think the high street is ready for a "Mr. Hanky" chain....

I nearly read that as something else....

It would be a good name for a chain of sex shops......

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

It also works quite well if you wear it straight from the machine. Bit chilly in Winter, but hey, no ironing.

Whilst on the subjects of ironing and sartorial elegance. Does the team think that carrying a handkerchief is a dying art as the younger generation don't do it? Will hankie production be hit and high street hankie shops close by the dozen?

I don't see the point of ironing a hanky - they only ever get stuffed in my trouser pocket. I once had a relative who starched hankies. Blowing your nose on them was a bit like the feeling of Izal at the other end.........

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I wonder whether this would work on the latest creases in UK train times

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Noon Peeps 

( Hump mode) I tried to watch the Grand Dix qualifying earlier it's bad enough those pair of pratts that comentate, the TV 

decided to do a number on me and the sound started to fluctuate I was about to teach it how to fly when Her walked

into the room and said do that once the new one arrives go and order it, at last Her has finally given in to the fact it's

cream crackered the new one has just been ordered and my mate John Lewis will be dropping it off next week "he he" 

the biggest one that will fit onto the telly table I'm a happy bunny now so back to the layout.

S.M.Ugbooger

Edited by 81C
  • Like 16

I have a great deal of difficulty buying them except at Christmas.

Edited by Coombe Barton
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Cheers,

Mick

Drip dry shirts had come in when I left home in 1970.  I bought, what to me, was a lovely drip dry shirt with a tab collar.  I went to London for a sort of gap year and ended up in some digs in Hampton. My elderly landlady hung the said shirt out and freezing fog froze it.  She left it on the line for 4 days then ironed it, though I asked her not to,  That shirt never did get to drip dry crease free.

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

A gentleman should always carry two hankies, one decoratively folded in the pocket of his blazer or jacket, for the use of a lady should she require it. The other in a pocket for his own use...

Crease removal spray..https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_ime_i_1_16?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=crease+remover+spray&sprefix=Spray+crease+rem%2Caps%2C171&crid=T8NCHHEGEK1A&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Acrease+remover+spray

Meanwhile I've just surfaced from a two hour eyelid inspection, I needed that...

The check of the batteries on the motor boat went well, all ok as is the boat, a lot of spiders though..

The PAT testing went ok ..... Except for one palm sander when I picked it up the plug looked old, the live and neutral legs were slightly pointed into each other. The brass on all three legs were heavily corroded, the rubber outer cable casing did not go under the clamps just the brown and blue wires. On opening there were signs of moisture and burning, the blue wire had excessve bare wire showing And the ultimate crime the red and blue wire were in each others place.....

So the plug was removed and thrown in the bin, I didn't have a spare and neither had the club, when I see the commodore next Friday or if I see his dad at work I'll report that so they can get a new one then I'll fit and test it.. The commodore is in his late 20s and his dad is a similar age to me around 60.

After that the rest of the Saturday working party returned the club from their various tasks, a lot of strimming around the club/ car park/the river bank across from the club/ in front of the posts up river that will hold the warning signs for the 3 rivers race and a general tidy up of the club and area.

Soup, bread rolls, were served, followed by cake, coffee was also available all day..

then to home and that eyelid inspection.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Hankies, ironed or otherwise are essential.

The one with my initial sewn in is the only identification I carry if ever I were to be knocked down.

I change it at least once a month along with socks and underwear just in case of said event.

• Like 2

Back from RailEx. Mobile battery expired as the camera worked overtime at the show; it's better at macro close-ups than my Fuji S1600. Diesel Borat only managed 60mpg both ways, so that is going to need looking at. Didn't risk the CX as I'm still not happy about the gearbox.

Watching A Very English Scandal on i-Player. Hugh Grant portrays Jeremy Thorpe as uncommonly smooth. Was the real Thorpe like that?

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

The one with my initial sewn in is the only identification I carry if ever I were to be knocked down.

I change it at least once a month along with socks and underwear just in case of said event.

It's a good job there aren't so many trams about nowadays - so less chance of being run down by one.

Oops, spoke too soon

post-6859-0-65182100-1527357649_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Back from RailEx. Mobile battery expired as the camera worked overtime at the show; it's better at macro close-ups than my Fuji S1600. Diesel Borat only managed 60mpg both ways, so that is going to need looking at. Didn't risk the CX as I'm still not happy about the gearbox.

Watching A Very English Scandal on i-Player. Hugh Grant portrays Jeremy Thorpe as uncommonly smooth. Was the real Thorpe like that?

I reckon Hugh Grant has really caught the 'air' of Jeremy Thorpe - who wore a brown hat ;)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I would be lost without them … particularly in this season.  As a student my fellows always said that they would buy shares in Kl....ex because in the summer I always carried a box around because of the pollen.  I am still lost if there are none available.

Cheers

Cleanliness is next to godliness.

I reckon Hugh Grant has really caught the 'air' of Jeremy Thorpe - who wore a brown hat ;)

So I heard!

I would be lost without them … particularly in this season.  As a student my fellows always said that they would buy shares in Kl....ex because in the summer I always carried a box around because of the pollen.  I am still lost if there are none available.

Cheers

I always loved that, middle of June for me, wet handkerchief in a wet pocket. Thankfully the hay fever season has left me. 50 years ago I was told it would but it took another 40 years to do so.
  • Like 11

A gentleman should always carry two hankies, one decoratively folded in the pocket of his blazer or jacket, for the use of a lady should she require it. The other in a pocket for his own use...

The PAT testing went ok .....

PAT testing? I.e. the Portable Appliance Test testing! Bit like entering your PIN number, or perhaps your Personal Identification Number number!

I do wonder about a PCB board?

• Like 2

PAT testing? I.e. the Portable Appliance Test testing! Bit like entering your PIN number, or perhaps your Personal Identification Number number!

I do wonder about a PCB board?

Surely everybody says PAT testing? I have never heard it said differently in all the times I have heard it. Even PAT testers say it.

PA testing brings to mind something in the office that may get you arrested.

Edited by lightengine