The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

done!

now watching a bit of cricket...split between supporting Durham or Yorkshire!

Baz

Looks like Yorkshire have the upper hand at half time. I see that Durham have Graham Clark playing. He is another export from West Cumbria to Durham following Ben Stokes. My sons played against Graham at junior level and he was good! I also played against his Dad, who was a good cricketer, tough opponent, but nice guy. He has another son who is playing for Lancashire, so a talented cricket family.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

trouble is I have umpired a number of the Yorkshire players over the years and I did manage to umpire some of the Durham lads as well.

Baz

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. The BBC are officially starting their reports on a certain wedding at 9 tomorrow morning. I was under the impression that they had started earlier this week.

Can I make a request to all my fellow Early Risers.

I have just started a Facebook page for the A2B Model Railways business. I would appreciate any Facebook users liking and sharing the page.

Thanks.

I saw the link when I opened my Facebook this morning and am now signed up. Talking of Facebook, every now and then it still decides to throw my groups up in the air and re-arrange them in sh!t order. Most annoying when your half-way through checking your groups. Last night it happened again but I think I've found a way of stopping the problem. I held the return button down to bring up a list of pages already looked at, the list of my groups shows up as 'Groups'. This shows up several times in the list and if I click on an older one the problem doesn't seem to occur. So next time it happens I'll try that.

• RMweb Premium

Evening Awl,

Just back from the Border Collie Appreciation Society, Ben Appreciates the lighter evenings he doesn't like the dark.

Some minor work was attempted on the viaduct handrails so they mostly promptly fell off. The were reattached using 5 minute epoxy, not unfortunately as neat as before.Though this may be improved next week.They were set enough to paint red lead colour, though I didn't use Humbrol, I used genuine red oxide paint. About 1/10 the price of humbrol. The bridge to the stone circle was similarly painted. And I must admit I like the colour. Other suitable features may gain that colour later especially as I have a 250ml tin.

I also spent a lot of time digging holes for fencing round the house, the fencing was the set in place with polyfilla.

I had intended painting a 2mm Ben the Border Collie, but I was missing two vital ingredients, black and white enamel paint, I was sure I had some....

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Evening everyone

Well I did play trains for a while this afternoon and what fun it was as well, even if it only went up and down, it runs a treat too. There’s not a lot else to report for the rest of the day, this afternoon we both sat and read for a bit. The evening was rounded of by opening the bottle of red that Vickie bought us on Wednesday, very nice it was too.

Ian A. I’m waiting for one of those TTS chips myself, if it sounds ok, I might well get a couple more to go in my pair of King Arthurs, as both classes were twin cylinder engines.

Goodnight all

• Like 13

Evening everyone

Well I did play trains for a while this afternoon and what fun it was as well, even if it only went up and down, it runs a treat too. There’s not a lot else to report for the rest of the day, this afternoon we both sat and read for a bit. The evening was rounded of by opening the bottle of red that Vickie bought us on Wednesday, very nice it was too.

Ian A. I’m waiting for one of those TTS chips myself, if it sounds ok, I might well get a couple more to go in my pair of King Arthurs, as both classes were twin cylinder engines.

Goodnight all

I'm expecting it'll be as good as the other TTS I've got that came with locos, if so, I'm with you, I'll be getting a couple more for sure :)

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

t I was missing two vital ingredients, black and white enamel paint,

One item surely? I thought black and white paint was on the same shelf as tartan paint?

Didn't manage a POETS but a POOTTS (on time).

Mostly due to an appointment with a fellow golf member for the first round of the club singles knockout. I was playing the man currently on form, having won last week's club competition and one a few weeks ago.

Not a good start and 3 down after 5 holes, but managed to gradually claw it back and then go level on 15, one in front on 17 and finish it on the 18th.

A bit like a footy game going 0-3 down in the first 15 minutes, 1-3 at half time and also 15 minutes to go and then winning 4-3 with a goal in stoppage time........

I may have to play in the weekly comp at 8am Saturday to make time to visit the MRX show in Manchester later in the day. Hopefully, the traffic will be lighter than normal due to a couple of TV events.

Catch up later.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 19

He'll be in for an ear bashing.

It's a pity #45's mother didn't do enough of that. My older brother could be a real PITA and our mum didn't hesitate to give him a thick ear when he asked for it (which he did, a lot).

I was wondering why there are so many frikkin' cars around here. When we came here in 1995 it took about five minutes to cross town. Now it's more like twenty minutes. Turns out Idaho is the fastest growing state in the US.

Morning all. Definitely an ER this morning as the steroids have the effect of waking me early. I will probably have a short nap during the day to make up the sleep.

Today’s plan is maybe a little light gardening this morning, watching rugby at lunchtime, then a trip into Whitehaven to check out our Thomas layout currently at the Beacon museum, as part of a larger exhibition.

Thinking of all ERs under the weather, and especially hoping to hear better news of Debs.

• Like 4

Morning all. Definitely an ER this morning as the steroids have the effect of waking me early. I will probably have a short nap during the day to make up the sleep.

Today’s plan is maybe a little light gardening this morning, watching rugby at lunchtime, then a trip into Whitehaven to check out our Thomas layout currently at the Beacon museum, as part of a larger exhibition.

Thinking of all ERs under the weather, and especially hoping to hear better news of Debs.

Hang in there Simon, and everyone else fighting the scourge. I dodged it in 1985 with an op and a bit of radiation. Things have come an awful long way since then.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a sunny village that was the home of the Gelderlanders.   Nice and sunny outside.   Yesterday was big tidy up day and I did my bit, but it had to be redone by SWMBO. In the afternoon our first set of guests arrived from deepest Kent and thoroughly enjoyed a proper lot of fish and chips.   The ladies went out and Jim and I had a good natter.  I even managed to get another car load off to the container and pallet 4 is nearly ready for wrapping.    At the moment the house is quiet but that will no doubt change and various orders will be posted.   This evening is our leaving do in the village so I have to ferry food from the caterer to the club.   The caterer managed to get herself barred from the club for fighting at a funeral tea a couple of months ago. 

Hope to hear something from Debs soon as the treatment days must be nearly over.  Thoughts are also with all others in need and may the keepers of Black Dogs find their equivalent of a Barbara Woodhouse to keep the unruly critters in their proper place.

Just a little aside re the move.   I had to contact my car insurance company to ask for a proof of no claims for my name to go on the insurance for Beth's car in France.  The date of or move came up and they promptly informed me that as I would have no fixed address in the UK they were going to cancel my insurance the day we leave the village.   Fortunately the insurers that I am using in France have been brilliant and my English registered Volvo will be insured by them for the next three months which will give me chance to get it re registered in France.   I have told the young lady that she is a star.  Also our bank can't change our address until we have moved.  I went in yesterday and apparently they can't change it on a verbal notification until after the move but if I write them a letter and take it in they will put it in the diary and do it on the date in question.   It's a good thing that I've got a sense of humour.

Regard to all.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Lovely day for a wedding but I'm not going as I wasn't invited! 

However, as mentioned  a couple of days ago, I am going with all the family, to a "Fun day" at a friend's house. I suspect that some alcoholic beverages may pass my lips occasionally throughout the day. As this is only in the next road Nicki will leave her car here and then she and the kids will walk back with us and stay the night. 

Simon has just reminded me that I need to set the box to record both rugby matches that are being played today as I will be elsewhere!

Before we go out I may wash the car again as it is smothered in dust from somewhere and has also been dive bombed by an albatross or something similar.

Have a good one, 

Grumpy old sod of Sutton.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Hey up! It is a nice sunny day here, ideal for umpiring a cricket match

Mugatea drunk so time for breakfast!

Jamie I missed the A400M at Leeds Bradford on Thursday...shows how quiet it is compared to the C17s.

Keep in good spirit everyone.

Baz

• Like 19